Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #1
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Dealers have BALLS.

Helping my friend look for a new Kia Forte GT-Line. One dealer had it $3K off with dealer discount/rebate. Other one had $1K rebate only.

BOTH dealers had add-on fees of $1800 (scotch guard, sealant, alarm,....all the garbage that cost them $100). I told them wasn't paying for any of that and they said if you come in, we could discount it...blah, blah. I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap I didn't ask for. My SS had no dealer installed options.

Just can't believe the balls of dealers to put nearly $2K of rip-off fees onto the price and think people won't bark. Are people really just paying for this crap?
Old 08-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
I can't blame them, some people actually pay it thinking they have to. When we purchased my wifes grand cherokee it had "low jack" "paint sealant" "GPS finder" blah blah blah, I told them i didn't want any of that so don't charge me for it. They said "we have too it's already installed" finance manager came out, i told him I don't want those options, they took it off the price and we bought the car. Why pay for something you don't want? Makes no sense.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:34 PM   #3
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Given the chip shortage right now, this is really nothing.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:47 PM   #4
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Given the chip shortage right now, this is really nothing.
Ummm ok.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #5
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Helping my friend look for a new Kia Forte GT-Line. One dealer had it $3K off with dealer discount/rebate. Other one had $1K rebate only.

BOTH dealers had add-on fees of $1800 (scotch guard, sealant, alarm,....all the garbage that cost them $100). I told them wasn't paying for any of that and they said if you come in, we could discount it...blah, blah. I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap I didn't ask for. My SS had no dealer installed options.

Just can't believe the balls of dealers to put nearly $2K of rip-off fees onto the price and think people won't bark. Are people really just paying for this crap?
BIG ONES AT THAT!! They all do it though.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
it's done all the time and I would bet that over 90% fall for it!

I special ordered a car once with Cloth seats ( Florida & Leather don't mix ), car came in with Leather. Told I wasn't paying for it, they gave it to me and I made money on the Leather Seats
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:27 PM   #7
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
They have a term for it, that i forget. basically dealer profit, to provide a new point to negotiate from. $1800 is pretty light these days, as someone else noted. We were looking for a new suv before the chip shortage. the Kia telluride was (is) really hot - dealers in my area had the same sort of options listed for $5k above list. And had no desire to even talk about discount. i guess some people were paying it....
It's even higher if you try to buy the new gt500, or one of those shelby super snake trucks, lol
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #8
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10905 View Post
They have a term for it, that i forget. basically dealer profit, to provide a new point to negotiate from. $1800 is pretty light these days, as someone else noted. We were looking for a new suv before the chip shortage. the Kia telluride was (is) really hot - dealers in my area had the same sort of options listed for $5k above list. And had no desire to even talk about discount. i guess some people were paying it....
It's even higher if you try to buy the new gt500, or one of those shelby super snake trucks, lol
Don’t get me started with this….neighbor bought his at 6 figures!!! I bought my ZL1 after him and after a few modifications I’ll be running right there with him and i didn’t pay $30,000 OVER asking because of dealer markups. I’m not a diehard Chevy guy but there is no way I’d pay 6 figures for a mustang unless it was a Ford GT.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #9
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Friends don’t help friends buy Kias.

It’s like helping them hook up with the bar fly you know has herpaghonasyphalaids.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #10
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
That's not as bad as one guy on here who was looking at a 2SS and the dealer had the standard SS Spoiler listed as a $795 option!!! https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596154
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:41 PM   #11
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Ummm ok.
Didn't say I'd stand it, just saying it's really nothing surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Friends don’t help friends buy Kias.

It’s like helping them hook up with the bar fly you know has herpaghonasyphalaids.
The Stinger genuinely isn't that bad. I mean, it really suffers the same problem Camaro SS does when you compare a Camaro SS to some of the German elites: the Camaro has a Chevy badge, not a BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Porsche badge.

That said, I think you could probably get a CT5-V(not Blackwing) for about the same money as a Stinger so...

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #12
TenTwo

Drives: Chevy Camaro LT1
I just sold my Stinger to get into a Camaro. Stingers are awesome sports sedans, but it's no V8
TenTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:22 PM   #13
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
my last visit to a kia dealership, every car had atleast $1400 "adm", and the few stingers they had, had $2800 "adm", on top of $399 for nitrogen in the tires...
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:24 PM   #14
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
we were shopping everywhere for a 'maro back in may. almost every dealer we called in cali had bs add on crap. worst was STG auto group. theirs was the highest price. finally found the car at HB mazda. price was the price. no add on bs. no hard sell for dealer addons. handed them a cashiers check for the advertised price and ONLY add on was $100 doc fee and out the door we went. best experience ever.

we actually paid for part of the deal with cash and it was kinda funny watching him scrounge thru his drawers for the $.38 in change he owed us from the $2100 in cash we gave
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote