Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 08-18-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Does anyone have the Pilot Sport All Season 4's?

I am due for tires by the end of the year. I was curious if anyone has these, and can say if they are actually better than the stock Asymmetric All Seasons from Goodyear.

Still torn if I want summer tires or all seasons but it does freeze here in the winter.

Thank you!

http://https://www.tirerack.com/tire...akes%20Runflat
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:28 PM   #2
TheHurtinAlbertan

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
I’m expecting mine to arrive this week.
Will report back once they are installed.

Hurtin’
Old 08-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #3
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurtinAlbertan View Post
I’m expecting mine to arrive this week.
Will report back once they are installed.

Hurtin’
Awesome, thank you!
Old 08-19-2021, 09:57 AM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
but it does freeze here in the winter.
I just ran a seasonal graph for orange park, FL and it gave me a low of 46 for January. I'm sure there will be outlier events that dip below that average low, but I doubt you get into the 20's.

Do you garage the car? If so, I suspect you would be fine with summer tires.

If I were you, I would look at the initial cost and tread life expectancy of summer vs all-seasons for your location. I suspect summer tires will be the better investment.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:40 PM   #5
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I just ran a seasonal graph for orange park, FL and it gave me a low of 46 for January. I'm sure there will be outlier events that dip below that average low, but I doubt you get into the 20's.

Do you garage the car? If so, I suspect you would be fine with summer tires.

If I were you, I would look at the initial cost and tread life expectancy of summer vs all-seasons for your location. I suspect summer tires will be the better investment.
It can freeze! But nothing compared to up north. Last winter we got down to 27 degrees at night and the high was around 45-50. It was brutal (for us) lol. We usually get 3-7 or 10 freezes a year.

I only go to the office like 1 or 2 times a week, and go for some drives on the weekend. Otherwise it does sit in the garage.

It’s a battle in my head at the moment.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:36 AM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Otherwise it does sit in the garage.

Unless you sleep over at the office, I think summer tires would be your best bet. Even if it gets to 27 degrees, I bet it only stays there for an hour. I am not familiar with how much rain you get in the Jacksonville area. I know the patterns in SW florida better.

This kind of sums up the basic arguments:
https://palmbeachgarage.com/best-tires-for-florida/
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #7
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
It can freeze! But nothing compared to up north. Last winter we got down to 27 degrees at night and the high was around 45-50. It was brutal (for us) lol. We usually get 3-7 or 10 freezes a year.

I only go to the office like 1 or 2 times a week, and go for some drives on the weekend. Otherwise it does sit in the garage.

I'd keep summers on the car in those conditions, if I had to weigh a new or second set of tires I wouldn't do it. Shouldn't be driven under 40 degrees means day after day after day. I would only balk if it was cold, AND, wet...that day, and not drive it.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:47 PM   #8
ItsChristianInHD

Thanks all!
Old 09-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #9
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I'd keep summers on the car in those conditions, if I had to weigh a new or second set of tires I wouldn't do it. Shouldn't be driven under 40 degrees means day after day after day. I would only balk if it was cold, AND, wet...that day, and not drive it.

I've had summer only tires crack on one cold drive, so be careful with that advice. Do not drive under 40 degrees, period. You may not notice an integrity failure until it fails, and if you are hauling ass when it does, it could have tragic results. That said, if you only have 10 or so days below 40, just stay home on those days. Summer tires are far better overall if you're in the right area for them.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:44 AM   #10
TheHurtinAlbertan

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Finally got mine installed. They are a game changer for me and the enjoyment of my SS. Quiet and comfortable ride yet still more than adequate handling allowing me to extend the driving season until the snow flies and perhaps beyond. I also changed out the Brembo pads with Power Stop Z23 pads. Having to clean the wheels very second day was getting ridiculous. Those 6 piston Brembo’s are full on brake dust machines. My car will never be tracked and so the small lost of braking performance is inconsequential for me.

Hurtin’
Old 10-08-2021, 07:03 AM   #11
Joe Bagadonuts

Drives: '22 Camaro SS 1LE (on order)
Great information in this thread. I've got an SS 1LE on order and was wondering if the stock summer only tires would be something I could keep on year round here in South Carolina. The NC border (Charlotte area) is about 30 mins from my home so I use that as kind of guage of weather. We definitelty get more colder days volume wise than what was being piosted earlier about the Jacksonville are of FL.
My camaro WILL become my daily and will be parrked in the driveway as my garage is full of my classics so I guess I will need to take that into consideration as well. I had an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifogglio and she was parked outside year round. She had those Pirelli Corsa tires stock from factory and when I would take her out on some of the colder days when in the 30's , she was all over the place until the sun heated the roads a bit and the tires heated up. I've never had the GY F1 that come stock on the SS 1LE so curious if they are just as bad as those Pirelli's
Anyway - i'm a recent build so I don't expect the car to be here until late Novermber at best(Most likely December).
3800 2/11 1G1FH1R71N0112900 - Built
4B00 on 2/18; 4200 3/10

Current Fleet Below
'02 CETA conv w/6Spd Hurst , '70 Chevelle SS396
'87 Grand National
'87 Olds 442, '85 Grand Prix LE
'93 ZR1 40th Anniv, '96 Grand Sport #445
'82 Datsun 280ZX Turbo
Joe Bagadonuts is offline   Reply With Quote