Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-27-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
6th gen Lt1 10 speed stock vs cammed 5th gen auto

My buddy and I square off on a non prepped track with oil and gas spilled on the line from bikes. The line was terrible but it was a good run.
https://youtu.be/zh2DPJHbdNc
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:36 AM   #2
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
ill bite.

i cant see shit in the vid. looks like your car trapped 116 and his went 117? i did not see an et.

i never was impressed with the performance of a 5g car.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
ill bite.

i cant see shit in the vid. looks like your car trapped 116 and his went 117? i did not see an et.

The video is clear as day. The only thing not shown is the ET. Trap speed on the 6th Gen is 116 and the 5th Gen was 117. I'd guess they were both low 12s to high 11s. It seemed like a good run. I'd guess the 5th Gen also had LTs, full catless 3" exhaust, and a bunch of other goodies. And they were probably on a slower track. I could be wrong tho...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:51 PM   #4
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The video is clear as day. The only thing not shown is the ET.
which car won and by how much? was the yellow light flashing one for .1 seconds on top of the board, well after the race, on the 6g side, the win light?

after all, this was a drag race and little to no info is given beyond the trap speed and a possible winner.

the time slip would certainly generate a lot more buzz.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:16 AM   #5
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
which car won and by how much? was the yellow light flashing one for .1 seconds on top of the board, well after the race, on the 6g side, the win light?

after all, this was a drag race and little to no info is given beyond the trap speed and a possible winner.

You're 100% correct, a time slip would have been better.

My guess is the 6G crossed the line first despite the slower ET. I say that because the time for the 6G flashed up first. They looked to be about tied tho. However, crossing the line first does not automatically mean a faster ET. It is possible, depending on when they started, that the 6G crossed first but the 5G went quicker. Both cars seemed to get a really good start.

A little more info would be good.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:27 AM   #6
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
My buddy and I square off on a non prepped track with oil and gas spilled on the line from bikes. The line was terrible but it was a good run.
https://youtu.be/zh2DPJHbdNc
Well he definitely got you off the tree but you were almost with him at the stripe. Pretty evenly matched...

And is that the return road that's crumbling???
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #7
Modernmusclecar

Sorry fellas I forgot to update the comments. Yes the track was chewed up.....the electronics were hit and miss that day as well. You are all correct. Yes he treed me. .yes he hit 116 to my 117. He did hit 117 and I hit 118 that day. The Lt1 is pretty quick. That's me you hear spinning my ass off. 12.1 at 118 was my best that day. He was 12.3 I think at 117. We are heading out to a different track this Sun for a rematch.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #8
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
ill bite.

The 5th gen is a solid platform for any mods. It's one of the most popular gens of all time for a reason.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:08 PM   #9
Modernmusclecar

Quote:

The Lt1 crossed first but with a lower trap. He got the jump .
Old 09-03-2021, 02:31 PM   #10
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Smile

Quote:
Sorry fellas I forgot to update the comments. Yes the track was chewed up.....the electronics were hit and miss that day as well. You are all correct. Yes he treed me. .yes he hit 116 to my 117. He did hit 117 and I hit 118 that day. The Lt1 is pretty quick. That's me you hear spinning my ass off. 12.1 at 118 was my best that day. He was 12.3 I think at 117. We are heading out to a different track this Sun for a rematch.
Exactly! I got a win against a friend of mine because I crossed the line first. He had a better ET and a faster trap speed, but I crossed first. I treed him and he caught me probably inches after we crossed the line. By all means he has the faster car. More mods, more power and less weight (6th Gen coupe vs my 6th Gen convertible). But as they say, spinnin’ ain’t winnin’ and I launched better that day. Th difference is in the reaction time, which doesn’t add into the ET, but is definitely a factor in who crosses the line first. My reaction time was a .55s better. His ET was .38s better, so I crossed the line .17s ahead of him. It’s at 5:52 in the video.

https://youtu.be/Zwqd3djrBgs
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 09-03-2021 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added video.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:21 AM   #11
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Exactly! I got a win against a friend of mine because I crossed the line first. He had a better ET and a faster trap speed, but I crossed first. I treed him and he caught me probably inches after we crossed the line. By all means he has the faster car. More mods, more power and less weight (6th Gen coupe vs my 6th Gen convertible). But as they say, spinnin’ ain’t winnin’ and I launched better that day. Th difference is in the reaction time, which doesn’t add into the ET, but is definitely a factor in who crosses the line first. My reaction time was a .55s better. His ET was .38s better, so I crossed the line .17s ahead of him. It’s at 5:52 in the video.

https://youtu.be/Zwqd3djrBgs
Yep if you get a better rt and get out on him far enough you can hang on for the w.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:41 AM   #12
s346k

Quote:
The 5th gen is a solid platform for any mods. It's one of the most popular gens of all time for a reason.
while i agree the 5g was popular, it is not because of the cars performance. they are the dodge challengers of gm, except slower.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #13
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Add a flex fuel sensor kit and E85 tune and next time you go to the track you’ll probably be able to get into the high 11’s. Assuming you don’t just spin more.
Spaceme1117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:40 PM   #14
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Add a flex fuel sensor kit and E85 tune and next time you go to the track you’ll probably be able to get into the high 11’s. Assuming you don’t just spin more.
Going with a better stall and drag pack. ..should be good for mid 11.6 or 11.7s hopefully