Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
ExCrystal

Drives: 2017 2SS NGM
Audio “off” issue?

I was sitting in my Camaro and switching between songs when the audio went off. If I turned the volume knob, the animated volume control didn’t come up and it showed my songs playing but without sound. Voice controls didn’t work..Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay. Turned car off and on, didn’t fix it. I googled a similar issue with MyLink and I left the car be while I went into a store. Came back, turned it on, and it worked.

Anyone else have this happen? On mobile or I’d search for a thread
ExCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
ExCrystal

bump?
Old 03-09-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
danomar

Drives: 2017 2LT V6
This has happened to me occasionally while driving, maybe once or twice when parked. My best guess is that MyLink got confused between my USB drive and what it was supposed to be doing. I find that Apple CarPlay also gets a bit wonky. Most times, turning the system off and back on got it working again. A few times, I had to wait until the car was shut down before the audio would come back on.

Just to be certain: The time it went out for you, had you been sitting in the car for more than ten minutes? The MyLink system powers down after approximately ten minutes after the engine is shut down.
danomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:18 AM   #4
ExCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by danomar View Post
This has happened to me occasionally while driving, maybe once or twice when parked. My best guess is that MyLink got confused between my USB drive and what it was supposed to be doing. I find that Apple CarPlay also gets a bit wonky. Most times, turning the system off and back on got it working again. A few times, I had to wait until the car was shut down before the audio would come back on.

Just to be certain: The time it went out for you, had you been sitting in the car for more than ten minutes? The MyLink system powers down after approximately ten minutes after the engine is shut down.
Thanks for the reply. No -- the car was turned on and running. I was switching a song either on my phone or navigating the MyLink when the sound stopped. Voice commands, door chimes, the radio, and CarPlay did not emit any sound through the car's sound system.

All went back to normal, but only after I drove to my destination, parked, turned off the car, had lunch, and started the car back up again.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:28 AM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Two guesses:
1. Check for loose power connections to the amp.
2. Amp might have detected a (false?) short on the outputs and gone into safe mode,
and won't reset until it sits w/o power and the caps discharge.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #6
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Yes I have had the same issue with my Bose audio system, but I had a new sound system installed, so all that I was using was the Camaro head unit with a GM-650 MOST unit to get flat sound fed to 2 external amps. Of course, the Bose amp is still connected but not being used. While listing to the USB thumb drive it will play for a while then no sound and I could not get it to play any sound. Not until I left the car and came back 10 minutes later did it work again. Also since all of the car sounds are going thru the GM-650, like the nav and warning sounds all were silent. Must be some bug and GM needs to fix it with a firmware update.
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #7
Junbug

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2.0T
This just happened to me while driving. I thought my bluetooth glitched so i turned it off and not even the radio would play or turn signal sound. Weird. Havent checked back to see if its workimg.
Junbug is offline   Reply With Quote