Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #29
Summit1le1ss

Drives: 2017 1ss1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Were both cars fully warmed up? I notice my car only does it if it is totally up to temperature from driving a little while. Which is why I kinda think it's an exhaust harmonics thing...I mean two of the three you drove did it, one being yours, Joe's_cool_1le said he noticed it, my friend says he can, and so can I.

Curious as to what your dealer says about it. Please report back...
Yes, drove the same distance. The first is the one I didn't feel it in. I personally think it's normal and a no worry. I only left it since I'd be out of town and I know my friend will look after. I had, along with many others, an issue with my driveshaft in my 15GT. so having themncheck it out and document it is Alli want.
Summit1le1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #30
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Lol.. you just reminded me how my why said my username was stupid. Haha. Not sure if it was better then the one I had on the challenger forums when I bought a new srt8. BlacknYellow. Just sayin
Attached Images

Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #31
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit1le1ss View Post

I'll report back. Personally I think it's normal.
Most likely...would still be nice if a few others would check as well under the same circumstances.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 AM   #32
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Bump. If any of you drive your cars today, please try this...

3rd gear, 3000 rpm (50 mph), then accelerate progressively. See if you feel the same "rumble" for a few seconds like the rest of us...
Old 03-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #33
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Tried this after work yesterday. My car also has a slight resonance/vibration under the same circumstances. I could go all nerdy on you about NVH, but if its really bothering you someone could take and NVH reader and with some math skills could sort out what the actual source of the vibration is. I wouldn't sweat it though. Even with my level of OCD I'm not the slightest bit concerned about it. If you watch back the Head to Head of the M4 and Camaro SS, Jason Camissa mentions the car has some NVH issues, I'm willing to bet this is what he felt.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #34
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Tried this after work yesterday. My car also has a slight resonance/vibration under the same circumstances. I could go all nerdy on you about NVH, but if its really bothering you someone could take and NVH reader and with some math skills could sort out what the actual source of the vibration is. I wouldn't sweat it though. Even with my level of OCD I'm not the slightest bit concerned about it. If you watch back the Head to Head of the M4 and Camaro SS, Jason Camissa mentions the car has some NVH issues, I'm willing to bet this is what he felt.
Yeah, I figured it was "normal", and when driving normally (meaning you aren't usually going to stay in 3rd gear at 3000 and accelerate like that), you wouldn't really ever notice it...I just wanted to make sure, as did the OP, that we weren't the only ones who noticed this.

I never watched that SS vs M4 video, but maybe now I need to if you say he mentions some NVH issues.

Like you said, it's minor...and I'm not gonna sweat it.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:03 AM   #35
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Yeah, I figured it was "normal", and when driving normally (meaning you aren't usually going to stay in 3rd gear at 3000 and accelerate like that), you wouldn't really ever notice it...I just wanted to make sure, as did the OP, that we weren't the only ones who noticed this.

I never watched that SS vs M4 video, but maybe now I need to if you say he mentions some NVH issues.

Like you said, it's minor...and I'm not gonna sweat it.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #36
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Thanks!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #37
SS2017

Drives: 2SS & GT Premium
Quote:
Bump. If any of you drive your cars today, please try this...

3rd gear, 3000 rpm (50 mph), then accelerate progressively. See if you feel the same "rumble" for a few seconds like the rest of us...
I've noticed this before and thought I was nuts, I guess I am not nuts lol. So yeah, my car seems to do it under those circumstances too. Seems like normal drivetrain resonance to me. I think the exhaust design, and overall stiffness of the car just makes it a little noticeable at times...no biggie.
SS2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:17 PM   #38
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

I too have this rumble feel in the 3rd and 4th gear acceleration. I feel it slightly in the seat. Nothing to much though to have the dealer mess with it and likely cause more issues....
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:09 AM   #39
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6-M22 View Post
I too have this rumble feel in the 3rd and 4th gear acceleration. I feel it slightly in the seat. Nothing to much though to have the dealer mess with it and likely cause more issues....
If you watch the video posted above, Motor Trend even mentions it, so I am going to say it is "normal" at this point...

They said something to the point that "the Camaro has some NVH issues (as he downshifts), like you can feel some harmonics around 4000 rpm. But it fits the cars brash personality". They seemed to actually like it lol...
Old 03-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #40
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

After reading this thread, I realized I have felt this too around 3000+ in third gear a few times while holding gear and accelerating mildly...it's very slight, and it does just seem to be a drivetrain resonance type of thing...I kinda agree with motor trend, it fits the personality of the car!
Old 03-31-2017, 07:46 AM   #41
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMATT View Post
After reading this thread, I realized I have felt this too around 3000+ in third gear a few times while holding gear and accelerating mildly...it's very slight, and it does just seem to be a drivetrain resonance type of thing...I kinda agree with motor trend, it fits the personality of the car!
I think everyone does, some just haven't picked up on it yet, or they don't drive in that particular situation...
Old 03-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #42
Summit1le1ss

Drives: 2017 1ss1le
Quote:
I think everyone does, some just haven't picked up on it yet, or they don't drive in that particular situation...
I agree. just picked up my car from dealer. they found no issues and the service manager said he personally drove everyone on the lot and they all seem to do it. I agree with him. he did document and said if there is ever an issue it's in the records. I'm not worried about it... Just glad to be back in it.
Summit1le1ss is offline   Reply With Quote