Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-24-2021, 07:25 AM   #15
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
There are other dealers out there - keep shopping. Don't believe/settle for this "chip shortage" line or "we can't get inventory". These are true, but there are still deals to be had if you put in the legwork.

Your first mistake was contacting dealers that were waving red flags before the conversation began. A guy that has an additional $2,000 of profit tacked onto his unit, isn't going to anyone a great deal.

Keep shopping.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:42 AM   #16
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
I have been looking at getting a new ZL1 or C8. i was in contact with Phil Smith Chevy in FL. They called me last night as they had a available C8. I inquired into the C8 mark ups. Yup, $30k over sticker he says without hesitation. I politely said to him that what is going on in the automotive industry will eventually end and consumers will remember what certain dealers did with crazy mark ups. He mumbled something and hung up on me.

I get it is a sellers market. Supply is low, demand is high (I still don't know why). Pandemic, people working from home, self isolation, where is everyone driving to?

No great rebates or discounts right now. Interest rates are decent though. But do not give these guys more than sticker. It's pure greed by the dealer, yet people are paying it! Shop around, I bought a Silverado in May and a Tahoe in July and the dealers both sold them at GMS (Employee Pricing).
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:17 AM   #17
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Yes people are paying it. it's effective enough that dealers continue these methods. I hope I don't have any reason to buy a car right now in this mess.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:10 AM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Friends don’t help friends buy Kias.

It’s like helping them hook up with the bar fly you know has herpaghonasyphalaids.

... and they try to tell you the products are already on the car so you have to pay for it. Total BS... I walk out everytime.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:31 PM   #19
tmaleck

Drives: Replacement 2SS 'Vert 67 Cutlass
RideNow powersports here in Austin is charging $1600 Doc fee. There is no such thing as a Doc fee. It's total BS from the dealer to make free money. My V6 Camaro had the dealer add-on stuff. I was talking with a guy while waiting to finalize my deal. I told him I never pay for that stuff,etc. Turns out he was the F&I guy. The supplemental invoice never appeared on the sales order, it was never even mentioned. I would have covered the window tint that was on it, but he threw that in too.
tmaleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:28 AM   #20
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Helping my friend look for a new Kia Forte GT-Line. One dealer had it $3K off with dealer discount/rebate. Other one had $1K rebate only.

BOTH dealers had add-on fees of $1800 (scotch guard, sealant, alarm,....all the garbage that cost them $100). I told them wasn't paying for any of that and they said if you come in, we could discount it...blah, blah. I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap I didn't ask for. My SS had no dealer installed options.

Just can't believe the balls of dealers to put nearly $2K of rip-off fees onto the price and think people won't bark. Are people really just paying for this crap?

Right now yes. Demand outweighs supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:43 AM   #21
Chevelle vs Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I have been looking at getting a new ZL1 or C8. i was in contact with Phil Smith Chevy in FL. They called me last night as they had a available C8. I inquired into the C8 mark ups. Yup, $30k over sticker he says without hesitation. I politely said to him that what is going on in the automotive industry will eventually end and consumers will remember what certain dealers did with crazy mark ups. He mumbled something and hung up on me.

I get it is a sellers market. Supply is low, demand is high (I still don't know why). Pandemic, people working from home, self isolation, where is everyone driving to?

No great rebates or discounts right now. Interest rates are decent though. But do not give these guys more than sticker. It's pure greed by the dealer, yet people are paying it! Shop around, I bought a Silverado in May and a Tahoe in July and the dealers both sold them at GMS (Employee Pricing).

Your thinking of it from the “me” prospective.

Yes as consumer we don’t want to pay more than we have too. But they have to eat too. They can’t get inventory so they can’t make incentives. Thats how new lots mainly make money, incentives from dealers. There normally isn’t much mark up if any on new cars.

Salesmen, lot techs, receptionist are all losing jobs because they don’t have cars to sell.

So when they do get cars in they try to make the most the can.... simple laws of supply and demand.

By all means don’t by the car if you don’t want to pay the mark ups... but don’t knock them for trying to stay profitable. It saves jobs and peoples lively hoods.

Now in normal times you could order one with out all the stuff if you didn’t mind waiting a month or 3.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:48 AM   #22
Chevelle vs Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

... and they try to tell you the products are already on the car so you have to pay for it. Total BS... I walk out everytime.

Yea it is actually on there. Yes you have the option to not buy it.

some people actually want all that stuff but can’t afford to pay for it out right so adding $20-30 a month to pay it.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:19 AM   #23
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Your thinking of it from the “me” prospective.

Yes as consumer we don’t want to pay more than we have too.
Groundbreaking that the consumer is looking out for the consumer. They're not immune either to impact of the pandemic.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:58 AM   #24
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
That is why the old adage remains true, that one has to shop around. You'll find dealers that will try the added expenses garbage, but eventually you will find a straight up dealer that will give you a fair discount and a straight deal. One has to shop well enough to get a good deal; Never go by the first offer.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote