Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2019, 10:53 PM   #71
BMKY

Drives: 18 Camaro 1SS 1LE
C&D tested the new supra 0-60 in 3.8s and 1/4 in 12.3s at 113. Very good numbers.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #72
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMKY View Post
C&D tested the new supra 0-60 in 3.8s and 1/4 in 12.3s at 113. Very good numbers.
All of the performance #s from that C&D test look much better than I expected. 1.07g on the skidpad!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:35 AM   #73
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMKY View Post
Very impressive numbers. Looking at a few of the youtube reviews for this car it looks good. I would imagine it will be very tuner friendly so I expect big gains with aftermarket support.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #74
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
*yawn*.. not toyota reliable, yet bmw expensive.
Yep... I feel the same. Though... Toyota seems to actually stand behind their warranty *looks at Chevy*....
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #75
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Lol, NOT too focused on HP, it's the definition of how much power is available to do work and the MAIN fact5or in acceleration times, esp 1/4 mile.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a FACT that Germans underrate power.

Your assumption that this isn't happening with the Supra is likely wrong due to claimed acceleration times, but we'll see for sure when they get on dynos.
They don’t technically underrate their power... they simply test it at the highest altitude possible (according to some Audi engineer who I would totally look up the quote from if I weren’t so lazy) so that their hp rating is more of a guarantee that no matter where you are it will make at least that much power.
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #76
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Old 05-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #77
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Very impressive numbers. Looking at a few of the youtube reviews for this car it looks good. I would imagine it will be very tuner friendly so I expect big gains with aftermarket support.
Very impressive indeed, excited to see what these cars do in the aftermarket and I have a feeling it will do justice to its predecessor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Yep... I feel the same. Though... Toyota seems to actually stand behind their warranty *looks at Chevy*....
You shouldn't. The reliability issues with the BMW V6 engines(and V8's in my case with the s65) is no secret. Why do you feel Toyota would allow their reputation of reliability be tarnished just to partner with BMW to produce a car they didn't have to make?

I assume like me you're not a buyer, making research on the vehicle fruitless in that regard. However, the process that lead to these two cars creation is quite interesting and if it is at all a concern, you would be pleasantly surprised to learn how the Supra was truly developed along side and separate from the Z4, and the true relationship and differences between these two cars.

Sure...yawn for those of us that demand V8's in our performance cars, but for the JPM crowd this is going to turn out to be the best offering in that market in a long time in this price range. The gap between the BRZ/370Z and the GTR is huge in performance and price, this will fit in nicely between them giving interested buyer's a great option to consider. As more information comes out on the new Supra, the more this looks like another home-run by Nobuo Nakamura.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #78
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I'm very impressed with the metrics I've seen so far. I'm always in the market for another car. My issue, however, is buying a car and then shortly thereafter, another more performance oriented variant comes out of the same vehicle and I'm left feeling like I wasted my money. That happened to me twice with the 1LE. I finally have one and this thing is promising to reproduce the same general performance with a turbo and an auto from the factory at a reasonable price. Color me interested, very interested.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #79
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I'm very impressed with the metrics I've seen so far. I'm always in the market for another car. My issue, however, is buying a car and then shortly thereafter, another more performance oriented variant comes out of the same vehicle and I'm left feeling like I wasted my money. That happened to me twice with the 1LE. I finally have one and this thing is promising to reproduce the same general performance with a turbo and an auto from the factory at a reasonable price. Color me interested, very interested.
That is exactly how every automaker plays the game. First they intro the basic model, usually decked out with a lot of options, since early buyers are usually ready to spend. They let that simmer for a year, year and a half. Then they introduce the first level performance trim. In the case of Camaro that would be 1LE, since SS is part of the basic roll-out. For Mustang, GT is part of the basic roll-out, so they add Performance Packs. Then they follow with the next level / top level offering (ZL1, Shelby). Along the way there may be specialty and/or tribute models launched (Fifty, Hot Wheels, Bullitt, Laguna Seca). All this is to maintain the hype and the press visibility of the brand throughout the life cycle and maintain showroom traffic. It even happens on pickup trucks.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #80
newmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
That is exactly how every automaker plays the game. First they intro the basic model, usually decked out with a lot of options, since early buyers are usually ready to spend. They let that simmer for a year, year and a half. Then they introduce the first level performance trim. In the case of Camaro that would be 1LE, since SS is part of the basic roll-out. For Mustang, GT is part of the basic roll-out, so they add Performance Packs. Then they follow with the next level / top level offering (ZL1, Shelby). Along the way there may be specialty and/or tribute models launched (Fifty, Hot Wheels, Bullitt, Laguna Seca). All this is to maintain the hype and the press visibility of the brand throughout the life cycle and maintain showroom traffic. It even happens on pickup trucks.
Rumors of a 385-hp version are already out there.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bmw...s-coming.1785/
Old 05-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #81
RageWorx

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 Camaro with MRC and NPP
Quote:
Rumors of a 385-hp version are already out there.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bmw...s-coming.1785/
BMW is not underrating this B58 engine but Toyota and their (B58 version TU revision I believe they are calling it) is definitely underrated which is no surprise it is a Supra after all.

I have been following the development this car closely and I would not be shocked at all if this car actually puts down 335+ to the wheels making the crank hp already around the 380 hp mark.

Also judging by its performance metrics its no doubt underrated power wise.

BMW B58s have been putting down 335+ to the wheels stock for a few years now and tune only/e85 cars are seeing huge power bumps (almost 100 hp in some cases). Also the reliability of this B58 has been better than the N54/N55 already (Toyota's influence on the B58 I'm thinking also since the joint development started in 2012).

Important to note ... the B58 has a closed deck block (Even N54 wasn't closed deck and people push HP with them) and strong rotating assembly (almost the same bottom end BMW uses in their 3.0L Diesel !!) So while time will tell and maybe this B58 doesn't end up quite as stout as the legendary 2jZ-GTE in stock form .... either way this is the closest we will get to a Modern more efficient 2jZ so people really need to stop bitching LOL.

I have to mention the sound (I have seen the car already in person and heard a bit of the stock exhaust setup ..... it sounds gorgeous for a factory exhaust very MKIV/2JZ ish to me with a burble tune lol).

Let all the haters hate on this car but I see big things from this platform in the future and this is a GREAT start.

It seems like more Camaro, Vette, Mustang, BMW, and Porsche (Cayman) owners are far more interested in this car than the Toyota Fan Boyz ..... thats fine that means people will actaully buy them this time instead of like the MKIV Supra that no one wanted until after production ended then it was the most Hyped up car look at the used MKIV values its INSANE!!!!

Also I think I'm ordering one

-Jon
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
2003 SVT Cobra Coupe (just your average KB Terminator Cobra).
2013 Focus ST (e30 Tuned).
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins Dually 6 spd manual (tow rig).
1997 Jeep Cherokee (Lifted and Locked XJ off-road rig).
RageWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:02 PM   #82
newmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageWorx View Post
BMW is not underrating this B58 engine but Toyota and their (B58 version TU revision I believe they are calling it) is definitely underrated which is no surprise it is a Supra after all.

I have been following the development this car closely and I would not be shocked at all if this car actually puts down 335+ to the wheels making the crank hp already around the 380 hp mark.

Also judging by its performance metrics its no doubt underrated power wise.

BMW B58s have been putting down 335+ to the wheels stock for a few years now and tune only/e85 cars are seeing huge power bumps (almost 100 hp in some cases). Also the reliability of this B58 has been better than the N54/N55 already (Toyota's influence on the B58 I'm thinking also since the joint development started in 2012).

Important to note ... the B58 has a closed deck block (Even N54 wasn't closed deck and people push HP with them) and strong rotating assembly (almost the same bottom end BMW uses in their 3.0L Diesel !!) So while time will tell and maybe this B58 doesn't end up quite as stout as the legendary 2jZ-GTE in stock form .... either way this is the closest we will get to a Modern more efficient 2jZ so people really need to stop bitching LOL.

I have to mention the sound (I have seen the car already in person and heard a bit of the stock exhaust setup ..... it sounds gorgeous for a factory exhaust very MKIV/2JZ ish to me with a burble tune lol).

Let all the haters hate on this car but I see big things from this platform in the future and this is a GREAT start.

It seems like more Camaro, Vette, Mustang, BMW, and Porsche (Cayman) owners are far more interested in this car than the Toyota Fan Boyz ..... thats fine that means people will actaully buy them this time instead of like the MKIV Supra that no one wanted until after production ended then it was the most Hyped up car look at the used MKIV values its INSANE!!!!

Also I think I'm ordering one

-Jon
Wow great information. I certainly am not one of the Haters out there. The prior Supras have earned way to much respect for that in regards to street performance. Tune/E85 +100 hp would make this car great fun.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #83
RageWorx

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 Camaro with MRC and NPP
Quote:
Wow great information. I certainly am not one of the Haters out there. The prior Supras have earned way to much respect for that in regards to street performance. Tune/E85 +100 hp would make this car great fun.
Definitely a good way to look it.

Toyota essentially gave us a lighter Z4 M Coupe with an active rear diff/elsd (the Z4 M40i has an LSD but not an the full active elsd ///M differential) with more striking/controversial styling (which I'm a fan of honestly but looks are subjective). Some reviewers that drove both the new Z4 and Supra even said they drive different and the Supra was more fun to drive/had better steering which is one of the main BMW complaints currently.

Here is the kicker though .... The new Z4 starts at 63K and the Supra starts at 49K !! While 49k is not necessarily cheap there is some good inherent sports car value here for interested buyers. Something BMW doesn't offer much of and Toyota hasn't in a Long Time.

These cars will run with or beat in some cases the S55 M2 Competitions (and beat the regular N55 M2 in almost all areas) for less $$$ if you can live without a back seat. the M2C is pretty much BMWs best new product minus the new M5 Comp (droool would love to have but 130k yikes!!!) so this is saying alot about the new Supra.

Yes this new Supra is more of a proper 2 seat sports car (Toyota definitely taking shots at the Porsche Cayman) than the last MKIV which had a back seat (lol not really usable) and was more of a GT car but I like that direction and like it better as a smaller sports car now. The short wheel base makes for a very fun car that will rotate on its axis on command.

-Jon
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
2003 SVT Cobra Coupe (just your average KB Terminator Cobra).
2013 Focus ST (e30 Tuned).
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins Dually 6 spd manual (tow rig).
1997 Jeep Cherokee (Lifted and Locked XJ off-road rig).
RageWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #84
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
No offense to those who like it, but from my point of view, this new Supra is one of the most hideous and grotesquely "styled" vehicles I have ever seen.