Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 07-12-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Thumbs down C7 Carbon: Don't Waste your time and money!!

I don't usually do reviews for companies as I try to find the good one's and avoid the bad one's so I will do my best to make this short and sweet.

In April I reached out to find ETA on a set of Gloss black ZL1 side skirts, I was told 4-6 weeks ok works for me.

on 4/3/20 I placed my order and waited... I received the package on 5/21/2020 on 6/1/2020 I was finally able to get to the install of the skirts so I opened them up and found one damaged. They were well packed to I was shocked to see that, No big deal! I reached out and offered them to send me a partial refund for the paint work and I would just get it repainted locally they refused and wanted them shipped back, I was hesitant on doing this because of how long I waited for the first set but someone assured me that I would be first inline for the next set due to the damage issue. On 6/3/20 they initiated the warranty process and said a label would be sent to me. After not receiving a shipping label on 6/6/20 I was told by C7 that I can just take the skirts to UPS and they would ship them back... Well on 6/9/20 UPS said NO! I needed a shipping label so after more calls and emails I Finally on 6/10/20 got the label and on 6/11/20 shipped the skirts back.

6/23/20 - I reached out to find out the status of my new set. I was told they would ship out by the weekend.

6/29/20 - I reached out again after not getting any update or tracking info I was told due to paint and polish stage being slow they would ship out over the weekend (july 4th weekend) I called them out for giving me the same story twice and it was July 4th weekend and I didn't believe they would so I would give them until EOD Monday July 6th to provide tracking or a refund because at this stage you could of fixed my set and had it back to me by now without waiting for a "new set".

7/7/20 - I get a UPS notification with a tracking number saying "Order processed: "waiting for UPS" all week its been in that status and as of now its in that status, UPS "estimates" delivery by tomorrow but has 0 tracking history.

I have disputed the charge with my bank and if I do see side skirts tomorrow I will then let the bank know everything is ok. Since my 6/29/20 email C7 has been silent and stopped responding to my inquiries so IMO as of right now C7 cant be trusted!

I hope my experience can help someone else before they wait 3 months to get the run around.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
I am sorry you had to go thru that with this company Apparently things are a hit and miss with C7 Carbon. I have all their products from the splitter,side skirts to rear wing. The only issue i had was with the rear wing. I'd guess it was their version 1 of the product and it snapped on me BUT they stood behind the product and sent me a newer version. I did get the run around for quite a bit but i did get the product and it was in good condition and it was last wayy better than the first product that was sent. It took them over 5 months to make the rear wing for me but i wasnt in a rush either since it was Winter time in Michigan. I'm not saying im a advocate for their delay times but i had my fair share of what you went thru..hopefully you get it soon..thats a little bit too long for some Gloss Black sideskirts to be honest.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
With the pandemic still around, shipping might be slower on these things.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
I have ordered 2 splitters and side skirts from them, no issues.

Yes - I did wait 10-12 weeks, but customer service was great.

As others have stated, these are strange times, I would expect delays and slow communication.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
when stuff is being made overseas it all takes that long i used to work for aero company and our eta on new parts was 2-3 months
Old 07-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #6
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
International shipping is not doing well right now, avoid USPS for sure. The only way I ship international right now is via DHL.

Domestic shipping seems to be fine though.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #7
SC88
Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I have ordered 2 splitters and side skirts from them, no issues.

Yes - I did wait 10-12 weeks, but customer service was great.

As others have stated, these are strange times, I would expect delays and slow communication.

I think it’s more of the run around That pushed me over the edge. Hell I’ve dealt with Maryland Speed before I knew how terrible they were and had a better experience. When I asked about status I was told it was slow in paint, then the next two weeks it would ship and never did and after that they just stopped responding and sent out bogus shipping info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
when stuff is being made overseas it all takes that long i used to work for aero company and our eta on new parts was 2-3 months
I was not aware any of their products were made overseas. I assumed it was Made in California are they painting them overseas as well?

A little update..... 7/13 Tracking status didn’t change and as of 5pm they were not on my door step so I called my bank and requested a refund and they issued it. Ironically @ 10 pm I got a email reply from my 6/30 email saying someone would contact me today 7/14. I replied and told them not to waste their time and mine with the stories and just refund me! Today I received 2 phone calls from C7 and after missing them both I had a voicemail that said if I wanted a refund I would need to reject shipment and they would send me a new label to send them back. Huh??? they never shipped so there is nothing to reject or send back. I checked ups tracking number and it said @ 9:40am customer dropped off well damn how about that smh.

So now I guess skirts are finally going to come at some point.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #8
C7 Carbon

Drives: Camaro
We deeply apologize about the delay in answering this thread, as we just re-sponsored this forum.

Due to covid our production was severely affected for 3 months earlier this year, so we have been playing a lot of catch up to get things back on track. As a few other members had mentioned we have 2 locations. We have our shipping hub in San Diego, and our main production Factory in Ensenada Baja Mexico. The last big delay was due to a customs issue, and the products were stuck for an extended period of time. We deeply apologize about this delay.

Our sales reps have tried to reach out to you several times, but we haven't had any luck. Could you please PM us a number so we can arrange to have the replacement side skirts returned since you opened a chargeback and are disputing the amount.

We look forward to working with you, and thank you very much!
C7 Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #9
SC88
Twin Turbo

I responded to your email. Thanks!!