Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #57
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotswap View Post
Slip fits will always have that, nothing to worry about and your tech is an idiot....
Old 09-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #58
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Question for you...

I have had my Corsa full cat-back with secondary delete put on about 6 mths ago now and just had new tires and an alignment check done and while on the lift the tech. noticed black streaks near all the joints on my system and told me it looked like I had an exhaust leak.

I know nothing about all this, so I took it to the performance shop who installed it and they put it up on the rack and said they didn't hear any leaks and I don't have any CEL's. They said the black streaks could be caused by raw fuel burning.

Have you noticed any black streaks at all on your system piping?
Mine had this too. It's completely normal. I've run it on the lift with my hands on all of the joints several times immediately after install and months later. No leaking at all.

As for the stuttering your feeling, sounds normal to me as well for the LT4. My Z06 is the same way.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:35 PM   #59
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Mine had this too. It's completely normal. I've run it on the lift with my hands on all of the joints several times immediately after install and months later. No leaking at all.

As for the stuttering your feeling, sounds normal to me as well for the LT4. My Z06 is the same way.
Thanks for the confirmation, seems all is good on both fronts.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #60
G37Sam

Drives: 2019 ZL1 6MT
Did you guys install the factory heat shield thats on the OEM xpipe? My tech says it doesn't fit on the Corsa xpipe
G37Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #61
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
Did you guys install the factory heat shield thats on the OEM xpipe? My tech says it doesn't fit on the Corsa xpipe
No I didn't transfer anything. In fact I don't even recall there even being any on the OEM X Pipe. Don't worry about it.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #62
G37Sam

Thanks for the reassurance! I posted a review thread, so glad I went with this setup - what a mean sounding exhaust! Radio is gonna stay off for a while.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:34 PM   #63
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
Do all combos with both Corsa and Borla kill the M6 deceleration popping?
Thanks
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #64
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance! I posted a review thread, so glad I went with this setup - what a mean sounding exhaust! Radio is gonna stay off for a while.
Glad you love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecaptain View Post
Thanks
I noticed no more or less deceleration pops between stock and Corsa. Corsa is obviously louder, so it sounds better.

Due to the decel fuel cutoff tables the ZL1 and Z06 hardly pop at all in comparison to my 427, C6 and C7 ZR1, etc.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #65
G37Sam

Quote:
Thanks
On track mode, the ZL1 decel pops like it's the 4th of the July! I'll get some GoPro vids for you over the weekend. I have a feeling it's also secretly backfiring. Absolutely in love with this setup - and the best part: no drone and no obnoxiousness if driven lightly.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #66
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
On track mode, the ZL1 decel pops like it's the 4th of the July! I'll get some GoPro vids for you over the weekend. I have a feeling it's also secretly backfiring. Absolutely in love with this setup - and the best part: no drone and no obnoxiousness if driven lightly.

Couldn't agree more.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #67
G37Sam

Quote:
Thanks
Jump to 0:45.. pops for days!

Old 09-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #68
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Thanks, I kinda figured. I would assume if there was a leak in the system, I would have gotten a CEL.

I do notice a slight stumble right off idle for the first 50 - 100 RPM sometimes and especially when cold after I lift off the throttle the idle drops a little further below 500 RPM, almost like I have a cam. It has never stalled on me, but I wonder if it is caused by turbulence air from removing the secondary cats.
Not hijacking the thread, but thought this might be relevant......

If you were to have a leak past the O2 sensors, I can't see how this would throw a code? There is nothing downstream monitoring flow or gas composition right?

The reason I ask is that I am in the middle of installing a AWE system, and the instructions ask for sealant to be used when sliding on the the driver's side link pipe. Saying that this will ensure no CELs. This joint is downstream of the sensors, so other than ensuring no leaks, I can't see how a leak at that point would push a code?

Am I out to lunch and missing something?
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #69
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
Not hijacking the thread, but thought this might be relevant......

If you were to have a leak past the O2 sensors, I can't see how this would throw a code? There is nothing downstream monitoring flow or gas composition right?

The reason I ask is that I am in the middle of installing a AWE system, and the instructions ask for sealant to be used when sliding on the the driver's side link pipe. Saying that this will ensure no CELs. This joint is downstream of the sensors, so other than ensuring no leaks, I can't see how a leak at that point would push a code?

Am I out to lunch and missing something?
The sensors have been known to throw a code with a downstream leak. I'm not an engineer and I'm not 100% sure how they do. If I had to guess, it's due to back pressure or the "vacuum" created by proper flowing exhaust. A leak likely causes a turbulence change that it can detect.

You shouldn't need to use any sealant if the joints are tight and you're using quality stainless clamps and hardware. That said, it can't hurt to use it, it just tends to make things a bit more of a mess. I've never had to use it with the Corsa systems I've had and never had a engine light, code, or a leak in my regular testing.