Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-27-2019, 07:35 PM   #29
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I just have this need to say that "no good deed goes unpunished". I have yet to figure out really what that means! lol. But it sounds like an awesome mod. In the north we may not have as much access to e85 but it is a comfort to know big chunks of the monolith which is the I4 gen 6 ecu are getting well understood. Needs test miles peoples...

/W.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #30
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
I meant it as BNR being the first company to fully support flex fuel on every single Camaro 2.0T regardless of year.

I still haven't seen proof of anyone else 100% supporting every single year, let alone documented proof of it working on a 2016 or even a 2017, except for the ones BNR has done.

I'm sure I could dig through old E-mails, PM's, IG and FB posts to show "proof", but this argument isn't worth that trouble to me. Off the top of my head only, Vermont had Mikesul's 2016 active, Jvillareal1978's 2017 active, my 2018 was active for a short spell.. The only difference between you and Brian is, he wasn't waiting for EFI support on various OS's, he was doing it on his own..

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #31
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I'm sure I could dig through old E-mails, PM's, IG and FB posts to show "proof", but this argument isn't worth that trouble to me. Off the top of my head only, Vermont had Mikesul's 2016 active, Jvillareal1978's 2017 active, my 2018 was active for a short spell.. The only difference between you and Brian is, he wasn't waiting for EFI support on various OS's, he was doing it on his own..
So maybe he did then, if that's the case. Then the question becomes why weren't there most posts about it? Everywhere I look I see people begging for flex fuel support and talking about how crappy it is that the 2016 and 2017 can't be flex fuel.

There were some operating systems that just worked out of the box with EFILive, so maybe he got lucky on those cars and just had to flip the switch like you did with HPTuners.

Whatever the case may be, we figured out what was wrong, and gave the info to EFILive, and now it's fixed.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #32
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
So maybe he did then, if that's the case. Then the question becomes why weren't there most posts about it? Everywhere I look I see people begging for flex fuel support and talking about how crappy it is that the 2016 and 2017 can't be flex fuel.

There were some operating systems that just worked out of the box with EFILive, so maybe he got lucky on those cars and just had to flip the switch like you did with HPTuners.

Whatever the case may be, we figured out what was wrong, and gave the info to EFILive, and now it's fixed.
I haven't seen these 2016, 2017 posts and if there are it's because the vast majority of posts are by people who have those two model years. Also not every tuner go's and shares there shit because other people will copy paste adjust something dumb take credit then point fingers afterwards. This whole thread is you saying how great you are at solving a solved issue and then stooping lower defending it for no reason because someone just said your not the first and nothing about you or your company or the tune itself hell i even said good job in my initial post.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:22 AM   #33
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:

Guys are begging for flex fuel support... No one wants to be stuck with 2 EFI tuners too do it.....

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #34
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
BNR, the more important question is whether or not you lock your tune. If you do, which VT also does, you lose any of us self-tuners. VT does not get my business because of that practice.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #35
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
BNR, the more important question is whether or not you lock your tune. If you do, which VT also does, you lose any of us self-tuners. VT does not get my business because of that practice.
This is why people don't trust these companies Brian @ VT excluded as he will tell you beforehand if you go with his E85 Tune. As the camaro faces a bleak future companies will stop supporting Trifecta did this to the 5th Gen V6 crowd it stands to reason some are apprehensive and justifiably so about locked tunes.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote