Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 08-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
Da.abad

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Apple Carplay and Car Bridge App

Happy Sunday everyone.

Just as a starter this is my first post so go easy on me if this is something that has been posted previously. I didn't find any information on this so thought i would share.

Yesterday i was seeing what kind of useful tweaks were out there for apple carplay and came upon an app that takes makes the apple carplay feature allow for access to all apps on phone. I've always loved the apple carplay feature but felt it was very limited due to apple restrictions.

I found an app called Car Bridge that basically let me bridge any apps i want to my car play screen. I've been able to add youtube, IG, WatchESPN, photos, and various other apps that seem to work pretty flawlessly. Before i get roasted for trying to watch live video in my car just know that I'm not adding it for use while i drive. I use it mostly for any time that I'm sitting around my car waiting or if my gf is in the passenger seat and needs attention while i enjoy my drive lol

Note that this is only for people that have a jailbroken iPhone. I'm on iOS 12.1 currently and found multiple resources online that showed me how to jailbreak my device. Was very easily done through some google searches. The app was only $4.99 and COMPLETELY WORTH IT.

FYI i'm driving a 2019 2SS. I would think this should work on any models that have apple carplay but figured i would throw that out there.

Cheers
Da.abad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
Drew145022

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Vert
I have had this for a while and love it. I am wondering how the next CarPlay update in iOS 13 will affect this jailbreak. Can’t wait to see what the future holds for it.
Drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew145022 View Post
I have had this for a while and love it. I am wondering how the next CarPlay update in iOS 13 will affect this jailbreak. Can’t wait to see what the future holds for it.
you will lose jailbreak if you update to ios 13. we have to wait till jailbreak for ios 13 comes out.
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple carplay