Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-27-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
willzilla
H3RP D3RP

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
How-To: Install Uniden R7 Radar Detector with New Blendmount on a 2019+ Camaro

Until just recently there was no Blendmount to install a radar detector on your 2019+ Camaro 1SS/2SS/ZL1 (and C8 Corvettes) with the fancy (and awesome) rearview camera mirror screens. Blendmount finally released these a few weeks back (at least for the R7... maybe for the other brand radar detector mounts had been available longer?) and I had ordered the first batch and just now got around to installing it with a Uniden R7 into my 2021 Camaro ZL1. I also used the Gen5DIY wiring harness for a nice clean look.

Anyways, here are the mounts for those who were looking for something other than suction cups or whatever (be sure to verify fit of your car and radar detector):

Feel free to use my referral code (I paid full price for everything) to save 10% (you can probably Google around for a discount as well): http://blendmount.refr.cc/willgreen

The Gen5DIY harness I used (for the Uniden): https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/...23149496303674

Install video and POV drive/test:

Other: ACS Rock Guards, DD Side Markers, Thinkware u1000 & iVOLT BAB-50, Uniden R7 Radar, PPF, Ceramic
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:26 PM   #2
willzilla
H3RP D3RP

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1LE View Post
FYI:
Answer my own question:

Yes, works on 2020 3LT with rear camera mirror. Just installed it it today.
Awesome! Sorry for the late response... never got any notifications of any replies on the post, lol
Other: ACS Rock Guards, DD Side Markers, Thinkware u1000 & iVOLT BAB-50, Uniden R7 Radar, PPF, Ceramic
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019+, blendmount, camaro, radar detector, uniden