Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #99
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
[QUOTE=SOCAL.M6.ZLE;11151492]Thanks for the feedback guys... I just spoke to JRE and ordered his Low Side Voltage Booster and remote tuning Kit.

Not sure if Ted has changed his mind, but when I asked him about the BMR mounts, he replied that he was not a fan. The damn things are sure tempting though, they definitely free up a lot of space
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:21 PM   #100
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
[QUOTE=L78toLT1;11177754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post

Not sure if Ted has changed his mind, but when I asked him about the BMR mounts, he replied that he was not a fan. The damn things are sure tempting though, they definitely free up a lot of space
Did he give a hint why?
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 11:44 PM   #101
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
I was replacing oils seals on oil cooler when I saw recommendations on here for BMR engine mounts. I'm so glad I put these in. It wasn't too difficult, I did mine on jack stands. You really feel the engine more, which I like, but I was surprised to realize I was riding the clutch a bit. With OEM mounts the clutch seemed very forgiving & soft, but with BMR stem mounts clutch throw out feels narrower. I think the oem mounts wiggle of the engine made the clutch feel different. I'm at 48k miles. I like how the flanges that attach to the engine actually attach to all 4 bosses in block, not like oem that has 3 in block and 1 in oil pan each side, seems weird to bolt engine mount also to oil pan. With BMR mounts they only attach to block, they look more correct for the block! And my oil pan bolts needed tightening, especially forward. But good to take plastic cover and aluminum brace down and clean road debris out. I highly recommend these mounts, first BMR product I've bought. I've had no CEL since installing mounts.
Attached Images

Last edited by sschons74; 05-19-2023 at 12:14 AM.
sschons74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 11:24 AM   #102
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I bought the mounts 010 and started the removal and install today. I couldn't help it. With the car being RHD, there is just no room for headers. So now that I got the exhaust manifolds off, I'm replacing the Motor mounts and I'll drop in the headers before I put the new BMR's on if I can. My driver's side I'll just play it as it looks best to do.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote