Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

AWE Tuning

Old 03-16-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
Bowtied70

Drives: Camaro 1le, Pro Strt Vega, 76 TA
2017 Hyper Blue Procharged 1LE, PDR, 7900 miles. San Diego

2017 Camaro SS 1LE w/Stage 2 Procharger quiet cut gears. 50th Anniversary with PDR and MRC
7900 Miles. Extremely clean. Always garaged or in car port under cover.
Stock outside of Supercharger, Flowmaster cat back, Mighty mouse catch can and upgraded ZL1 crank seal installed by 'Abo' (LS engine builder), has 'Glow-tie' grill emblem. Oil ever used Mobil1 full synthetic, super charger oil changed at proper intervals.

Purchased in Nov '18 with 3K miles. Was used as a promotional car by an aftermarket shop and was in absolutely pristine+ condition. Every original part and fastener was/is provided if wished to return to stock. Driven by myself for weekend stress relief cruises up local mountains, to wine country, etc. Sad to see it go, but simplifying to focus on priorities at home.

'Tracked' once at local SCCA event in 2019. Ten (60+ second laps) recorded on PDR, primarily in second gear with me cussing trying to interpret track cones. Traction Control nannies have always been on with exception of final laps at SCCA. Have honestly never done a burn out and original tires reflect that

Asking 51k. Happy to answer any questions and provide serious parties additional photos. Photos are of actual car during weekend cruises with the boss.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bowtied70; 03-16-2022 at 01:33 PM.
Bowtied70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:17 PM   #2
Bowtied70

Wanted to add estimated hp ratings, as I understood and recall from memory. Not trying to bs anyone here and welcome any constructive comments or corrections.

* 455 hp on base SS/1LE
* +150 hp Procharger base tune
* + 30 hp Stage 2 intercooler
* + 20 flowmaster cat back
Old 03-21-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
Bowtied70

So curious and welcome comments.

Locally here in So-Cal, any decent (16 and later) SS is priced in the high 30 to mid 40's. The SS 1LE's are in the mid to high 40's range, many with 40K miles.

I have enjoyed this car when I have driven it. But with the exception of the (10x) 60 second laps which can be reviewed on the sd card in the PDR and a standing starts with the traction control on.... the miles are San Diego freeway miles. So far, I'm not in jail and has original tires.

Feel like it offers a pretty fair idea of the use the car has seen. I have hand washed it maybe ten times and waxed it at least half that. It has never been eaten or smoked in, never a drink spilled... so it's appropriately clean. I have floor mats over the floor mats. Never had a check engine light. Only issue I've ever had was the e settings menu disappeared once for the exhaust, MRC, and steering. It was after waxing the car and I read had something to do with passenger door being open while i waxed it. It sat for a few hours and reset itself... no issues since.

So with the low miles, Pro-charger (PS1C/quiet gears), the MRC, etc. I figure it's a fair ask. I haven't gotten flamed thankfully, but wondering what the consensus is for a fair price for a car providing it is as advertised.

I have a business and been trying to get a shop built for the last year plus. So, I worry about happening to it under the cover. I try to get it out every month or so to keep things in line and no issues known.

About the only thing suspect is the battery. I've noticed that if it sits for longer than a month, it will need a battery tender on it overnight. I assume it the computers, etc that are to blame. It's a non issue if started more frequently.

Anyway, just wondering what the general opinion is. Am I better off just removing the PS1C and restoring the car to original factory setup? I appreciate that majority of folks here are very knowledgeable and probably very acute when it comes to purchasing a car. Many would be ZL1 buyers, but for me, the SS 1LE with the Pro-charger represented a balance of performance, value and drivability with the MRC and maybe learn something one day with the PDR.
I've never driven a ZL1, but I've been tempted to see the contrast between the two. I'm sure the ZL1 would have its advantages. Ironically, I've never had another muscle car next to me at a stop light to compare to. I only ever Had hemi (assumingly stock) Charger one time 'offer' on the freeway (at 65ish) and I walked (more ran) away. But once ya see 150 going by, there's not much reason t keep it planted as there's not much to see other than a fat fine and tow bill, empty five lane freeway or not. I have too much respect for peoples lives and my legal right to drive. I don't know what a CHP would say for 150, but it I'm guessing his first words wouldn't be 'nice car'.

So in short... what's a fair market number. I know there are plenty still around with low mileage at whatever price, but is the '17 1LE a future collectible? Anyone dare offer I'm better off to just keep it till time permits and they will hold their value? The only reason I'd sell it is if the car is losing value sitting and not driven, then I'd be better suited to have the capital with the cost of building materials.

Thanks for any constructive thought and comments.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:16 PM   #4
dupp403

Drives: Empty
Since you asked. My thoughts are the market is softening or about to soften which means people will focus more on needs than on wants. $5+ gas will not help getting this vehicle sold for top dollar. Personally I believe you waited too long to ask this much for a 6 year old vehicle. You also left out important details, 1SS or 2SS, was the car tuned and if so how much power did it make? There is a 2019 2SS 1LE 5,400 miles procharged for sale by owner on Autotrader for $47,000. Most people say, “mods don’t add value”, I slightly disagree, mods add some value.

Posting interior pics, under hood pics, and any other pics of important things to your vehicle might really help.
dupp403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #5
Bowtied70

Appreciate the feedback dupp403.
Agreed. I can see the market softening a with higher gas prices, interest rates hikes, and uncertainties. The 1LE was a toy for weekend and occasional use and not a daily. realize not everyone has that luxury. I'm sure the 2019 for 47K is a nice car. i think the 16-18's are better looking...just one person's opinion. I understand them to be mechanical twins.

Regarding your other questions...

* The interior and underhood are as expected for cared for low-mileage example. Will take your suggestions and add some photos to the post.

* It's a 1SS
* ECU was sent to procharger and reprogrammed for the PS1C prior to install.

* From what I've read, the stock internals can comfortably handle 7psi from the procharger, followed recommendation for crankcase breathing. Aside from the stage 2 intercooler, an upgraded front crank seal (installed by Abo, a recommended LS engine builder her in So-Cal), the mighty mouse catch can and flowmaster cat-back... car is otherwise stock.

I was ready to purchase a new 18 but wished it had just a little more get-up. I found this car with barely 3k miles in better than new condition and I've been very happy with it. Admittedly, I haven't been exposed to a bunch of race days and other modified Camaros, so my perspective is limited to stock vs mine. But it's more than potent and more than plenty potent for a weekend tourer. This level of power is only only really streetable with the traction control nannies on around town. I considerable myself a decent driver and I much preferred the last few laps I had with the traction control off, but that's the only time I've had them off. I've enjoyed driving it, but I don't beat the hell out of it.

My asking price referenced other local higher mileage cars for sale (San Diego). They in the mid to higher 40's without the 11k in upgrades. So I thought it a fair number, appreciated other knowledgeable perspectives and want to have realistic expectation. I initially wanted a ZL1, but the 1SS 1LEs with the Prochargers offered a great compromise for someone like myself who isn't track focused. I'd love to line up against a factory ZL1 6spd to get some perspective, just never had the chance.
I'm sure I'd get smoked off the line as I've been easy launching the car off the line. I think my best 0-60 I've recorded was around 4.1. I could bring myself to abuse things and heat up the tires, not against a digital clock anyways. We used to have a local 1/8th mile track here (at Qualcomm Stadium) on Friday nights and I was looking forward to that, but it disappeared after I got the car. So I've never lined it up to see how it compares. It reigns supreme in my driveway.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:50 AM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'd say remove the parts that can be removed first. Then offer the car for around the price that dealerships are selling similar year similar trim higher mileage versions. If someone is looking then they will likely buy yours instead of buying one at a dealership. Then sell the parts privately. That will likely be your best option at this point. With gas prices being what they are I do not see many people lasting very long. And I don't think dealerships will be able to keep trying to sell at higher prices for much longer. But then it will be a different problem. Because prices will decrease but nobody will have the money to buy them at decreased prices or keep them fueled up. So whatever you need to do to sell it, do it before things get worse. Go back to stock.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 12:57 PM   #7
Bowtied70

Appreciate the info and suggestions.
Giving up the extra hp without any drama seems counterintuitive. Like telling a perfect woman to get a breast reduction because someone might not like her bolt-ons.

If the reality the car is worth a little less, so be it.

Last edited by Bowtied70; 04-07-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:51 AM   #8
Bowtied70

45k.
*Includes custom fitted car cover and original equipment to return to stock with exception of cat back exhaust.

Only things of note:
*Original battery getting iffy. Need to put on a battery tender if left longer than a month without driving.
*Original tires. Rears are still nice. Fronts are getting close.

Nice, no excuses car.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:04 PM   #9
Bowtied70

Just posted to Craigslist San Diego.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/...486152380.html
Old 06-10-2022, 10:43 AM   #10
Bowtied70

Sold.