Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-20-2022, 10:53 PM   #15
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Completed the install today. Pretty happy with them, install was straight forward, 1/2" of preload to get the front ride height. Should be around 4 degrees of camber, alignment tomorrow and track day Saturday.
Attached Images

Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:38 AM   #16
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
goodluck be safe! i did -3.5 front and -2.5 rear and car feels pretty damn good fyi
Old 01-21-2022, 08:02 PM   #17
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Nice lmk how it is.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:36 AM   #18
Baddawg53

Unfortunately I only got 1 session in today, and two laps of another. It was enough to figure out the car was having a little oversteer and very light in the rear under hard braking. 3 clicks more of rebound and 4 of compression really dialed it in. Overall I was really impressed with how well the car performed, and a slight adjustment made a huge difference in settling the rear down.

I lost 3 of my 4 sessions today, one for sound on my 1st lap and two red flags. I still got a personal best despite some traffic, and was really confident I could have shaved away a few more seconds, just didn't get the chance.

Having only one session makes it kinda hard to make a fair judgement, but I can tell you my confidence in the car was really high after my session. I have zero regrets going with these 2 ways, and I'll be signing up for a day at Sonoma as soon as I can so I can get these really dialed in. The one ways were great!! But I feel like these may just have transformed the car.

As far as settings, I started with 14 clicks of rebound and 8 compression at all 4 corners, ended up moving the front to 17/12.
Old 01-23-2022, 02:11 PM   #19
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

That sucks that you barely got seat time, but that sounds solid. I cant wait for a track day, my roads are all salted and its 15 degrees outside now haha. How does it ride on the street with those settings?
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Old 01-23-2022, 02:20 PM   #20
Baddawg53

I didn't drive it on the street more than a few hundred feet. Towed it to the shop for the alignment and to the track. I'm sure you can dial back the stiffness of them but I don't think it's going to be a plush ride. The 1 ways were very good for that. Pretty comfortable ride on the street on soft and then you can stiffen them up enough for a track day. I'm not sure these will give the same kind of flexibility.

More and more it's becoming just a track car. Half cage going in next month.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:05 AM   #21
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I didn't drive it on the street more than a few hundred feet. Towed it to the shop for the alignment and to the track. I'm sure you can dial back the stiffness of them but I don't think it's going to be a plush ride. The 1 ways were very good for that. Pretty comfortable ride on the street on soft and then you can stiffen them up enough for a track day. I'm not sure these will give the same kind of flexibility.

then time for some real coilovers? haha
Old 01-24-2022, 01:35 PM   #22
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:

Yea i noticed that too, the 1 ways were softer. Im curious about softer valving options. Which cage are you getting? Ive only noticed the one for sale thats almost 3k
Old 01-24-2022, 02:13 PM   #23
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Yea i noticed that too, the 1 ways were softer. Im curious about softer valving options. Which cage are you getting? Ive only noticed the one for sale thats almost 3k
I went with studio RSR. The install doesn't look too bad. It was like 2k, and at some point I'll get it extended all the way up front and welded in.

I think I'm going to end up being really happy with the valving on these. My only gripe is the difficulty of adjusting the rears. You pretty much have to take the wheel off. I have extenders I can put on the reservoir, but the one on the bottom of the shock at the control arm is tucked in there just enough that it's hard to get a grip on it to spin.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:22 PM   #24
kropscamaro16

Quote:
I went with studio RSR. The install doesn't look too bad. It was like 2k, and at some point I'll get it extended all the way up front and welded in.

I think I'm going to end up being really happy with the valving on these. My only gripe is the difficulty of adjusting the rears. You pretty much have to take the wheel off. I have extenders I can put on the reservoir, but the one on the bottom of the shock at the control arm is tucked in there just enough that it's hard to get a grip on it to spin.

goodluck getting that cage my buddy ordered one and it took him about a year or so hope it doesnt take that long
Old 01-24-2022, 05:39 PM   #25
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
goodluck getting that cage my buddy ordered one and it took him about a year or so hope it doesnt take that long
Man I hope it's not that long. It's only been 6 weeks, they told me a few more weeks and I'll have it. Hopefully they weren't lying to me about it. Did they give your buddy the run around?
Old 01-24-2022, 05:55 PM   #26
kropscamaro16

yup every time he called or emailed them they told him almost done almost done then bam a year later they finally shipped it out im local to them and i wouldnt even buy from them but goodluck
Old 01-24-2022, 08:17 PM   #27
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yup every time he called or emailed them they told him almost done almost done then bam a year later they finally shipped it out im local to them and i wouldnt even buy from them but goodluck
Dang, maybe I'll just start asking for a refund now, might get that faster than the cage.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:25 AM   #28
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Dang, maybe I'll just start asking for a refund now, might get that faster than the cage.
Give it a shot first, that guy just jumps in threads to say negative stuff all day and try to push some cheap lowering springs on to everyone, I don't know why. I know a guy who runs time attack around here with the RSR cage in the 6gen and has not had anything bad to say and in fact recommended I get one. Most cages will have a little bit of a lead time.

I told them about that rear adjuster from the first set, I recommended a star shape or a different location but I don't think the engineers where about it. Is your front shock at full height? I was going to recommend have they extend the front travel some more.