Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > UK

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-14-2017, 06:18 AM   #15
tunstad

Drives: Camaro Fifty Edition
I have a deposit down on a manual coupe that was already ordered. Craig said should be ready to collect mid April so hopefully be here anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexstu50 View Post
Hi mate, tunstad, I have bought the one already ordered by Ian Allan and update from Craig was that it is already in Europe so I hope to receive delivery end of May. Its a manual coupe. Yours?

I read on the forum Fifty thread that someone said no more ordered as of 17th April. Craig is going to check. Will be cool if there are less than 10 in the UK. They estimate 4500-5000 in the USA.

Stu
tunstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:29 AM   #16
essexstu50

Drives: Camaro Fifty edition
pretty sure we benefit from the new VED rules as well being post 1st April registration and list price below £40k means cheap road tax of £140 from next year. Bargain!
essexstu50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:31 AM   #17
tunstad

I've got a few planned. There is a guy called Pete on here who can ship things for you from the states. Really nice guy and a pleasure to deal with. He has sorted a few bits for me - just need the car now to put them onto!!

Quote:
Just noticed that the centre caps of the euro spec Fifty dont have the celebrating 50 years of Camaro logo, just the standard gold chevrolet badge ones. Shocking. That will have to be rectified.

Anyone planning to do any upgrades or changes to their Camaros?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #18
UK Camaro

Drives: 2017 Yellow UK Spec Camaro
Quote:
pretty sure we benefit from the new VED rules as well being post 1st April registration and list price below £40k means cheap road tax of £140 from next year. Bargain!
That may be true for 2018, if the list price is under £40,000. However doesn't this also attract the £1,700 tax on first registration which covers for the first 12 months?

Over £40k list price and the rates are different at an extra £310 from year 2 for the next 5 years.
England
UK Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:00 PM   #19
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Camaro View Post
That may be true for 2018, if the list price is under £40,000. However doesn't this also attract the £1,700 tax on first registration which covers for the first 12 months?

Over £40k list price and the rates are different at an extra £310 from year 2 for the next 5 years.
I am paying £2000 VED on registration but my understanding is that future VED is based on the list price of the car not the OTR (on the road) price which includes VED, dealer delivery etc. So the list price of the Camaro Fifty is under the magic £40,000 threshold. Optional extras do count towards the list price figure though. So, year 2 onward should be £140 pa which is great news!
Old 04-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #20
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunstad View Post
I've got a few planned. There is a guy called Pete on here who can ship things for you from the states. Really nice guy and a pleasure to deal with. He has sorted a few bits for me - just need the car now to put them onto!!
Yep been in touch with Pete & same position, will wait until car arrives. Will probably get the nicer mats once the originals start to wear.

Also likely to change the Chevrolet badges to black ones instead of the gold.

Last edited by essexstu50; 04-15-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #21
essexstu50

tharg, quick question on your Fifty. Do the mirrors fold in and are they electric? Do they have the blind spot warning thing as well? According to the spec they should have?

Also, are the seats memory and have heat and ventilation? Do the rear seats fold down to increase luggage room?

Stu
Old 04-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #22
tunstad

Got the following planned:

Borla S Type Axle back exhaust
Black Bow ties
Rotofab Cold air intake
Gm Front Splitter (We don't get this in europe spec)
50th Anniversary grille (We don't get this in europe spec)
Mishimoto Catch can
50th Floor mats

Think I want the GM dark tail lights too but not sure with the reverse light situation if easy swap or not

Quote:
Yep been in touch with Pete & same position, will wait until car arrives. Will probably get the nicer mats once the originals start to wear.

Also likely to change the Chevrolet badges to black ones instead of the gold.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #23
essexstu50

Quote:

Borla S Type Axle back exhaust
Black Bow ties
Rotofab Cold air intake
Gm Front Splitter (We don't get this in europe spec)
50th Anniversary grille (We don't get this in europe spec)
Mishimoto Catch can
50th Floor mats

Think I want the GM dark tail lights too but not sure with the reverse light situation if easy swap or not
wow thats a good list. the exhaust & air intake ok with warranty? I fancy the splitter at some point. is the Borla exhaust even louder then?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #24
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tharg View Post
Hi Stu,

My 50th has the auto box and was I think the first one in the UK, I took delivery mid December. Didn't realise Ian Allan had sold another six since then, they have been busy and given they are only supposed to get about eighteen cars a year in total it means the 50th will make up about a third of their entire allocation. That's way more than I expected, I figured the blue would be the most popular colour here as it is in the US, shows what I know.

The side lenses don't light up on UK models they are just reflectors.

Car comes with plain floor mats, I bought some better ones from the GM Parts Guy website along with a few other bits and pieces.

Running in is not above 80 MPH and 4,000 Rpm for 1,500 miles although Craig told me to ignore it, said it wasn't neccasary. I didn't, well not often anyway.
tharg, quick question on your Fifty. Do the mirrors fold in and are they electric? Do they have the blind spot warning thing as well? According to the spec they should have?

Also, are the seats memory and have heat and ventilation? Do the rear seats fold down to increase luggage room?

Stu
Old 04-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #25
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Quote:
I'd like to have this cosmetic upgrade to my Camaro, too.
Did anybody discover if a US specification can be retrofitted to the EU versions too?

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #26
essexstu50

Quote:
I have a deposit down on a manual coupe that was already ordered. Craig said should be ready to collect mid April so hopefully be here anytime soon.
You got the car yet mate?
Old 04-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #27
Evil Tharg

Drives: 50th Anniversary Edition 2SS
Stu,

The mirrors fold and they have the blind spot warning sensor but they are not power fold, manual only.

The seats and mirrors are memory and the seats have the heating and cooling function.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the catch can mod, waste of time and money in my experience. Had one on my last car but search on this forum for more info on that.

I doubt if the dark rear lights will work on our cars, different wiring harness I would imagine.

The only mods I have done are cosmetic. Black bow ties (couldn't be bothered with illuminated ones as that requires the removal of the whole front of the car) and I took the awful black sticker off the boot and replaced it with a single chrome F. See photo.
Evil Tharg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #28
Evil Tharg

Drives: 50th Anniversary Edition 2SS
Here is what I did to the rear, it's not the best photo because my motorbikes were in the way but you get the idea.
Attached Images

Evil Tharg is offline   Reply With Quote