Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > UK

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
UKCamaro2SS
Need more parking space

Drives: Camaro2SS '17,Audi A6
Hello

Hey hey we now have a UK Forum, I'll be first then..

V8 Red tintcoat Euro spec Npp, mag ride red leather interior, picked up mid Jan , hasn't stopped raining since lol

In south Wales.

Still breaking in at @500 miles so far.

All good so far .

Anthony

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
Evil Tharg

Drives: 50th Anniversary Edition 2SS
Ok I'll be second.

V8 2SS 50th Anniversary, picked up December 19th, three stone chips already and a small paint blemish on the roof that needs polishing out. Didn't spot it until the fourth time I washed it but the light has been kinda dull here.

1,4000 miles so far.
Attached Images

Evil Tharg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
UK Camaro

Drives: 2017 Yellow UK Spec Camaro
Yellow UK spec auto with black wheels and rally stripes. 500 miles so far and getting really fed up with the running in process. Try to get it out as much as possible.

Have had it wrapped by a guy in Portsmouth as a precaution. Front end, mirrors and rear wheel arches.

Real shame to hear about Evil Tharg's chips. Perhaps you could still wrap it?

After 25 years in Corvettes it was a tough decision not to buy a C7 but I'm so pleased I went with Camaro - loving it.
England

Last edited by UK Camaro; 02-03-2017 at 01:38 PM.
UK Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
essexstu50

Drives: Camaro Fifty edition
CAMARO 50

Hi guys

Just returned from Ian Allan motors after a test drive with Craig. Somehow put deposit down on a new 50 edition. What a car! Cant wait!!

Stu
essexstu50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
Evil Tharg

Manual or Auto Stu?
Old 04-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
essexstu50

its a manual Tharg. Love the rev match function. Is your manual or auto? I understand from Craig that they have sold only 5 in UK so far and mine will be number six plus another one but auto is coming in. Will be a rare car!

The clear lenses on the side of the car front and rear, I read that they dont actually do anything on the UK spec cars. Is this correct? Indicators are on the wing mirrors? If so I think I will get mine covered in grey or carbon.

Did the car come with Fifty floor mats or just plain mats?

I read on the forum that changes for the 2018 MY are the deletion on the 50 edition which is good news as it keeps our cars rarer than rocking horse poo! Apparently last orders will be September this year?

Last edited by essexstu50; 04-10-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Camaro View Post
Yellow UK spec auto with black wheels and rally stripes. 500 miles so far and getting really fed up with the running in process. Try to get it out as much as possible.

Have had it wrapped by a guy in Portsmouth as a precaution. Front end, mirrors and rear wheel arches.

Real shame to hear about Evil Tharg's chips. Perhaps you could still wrap it?

After 25 years in Corvettes it was a tough decision not to buy a C7 but I'm so pleased I went with Camaro - loving it.
Hi, what is the running in process? Limited revs for first 1000 miles? That is going to be hard lol.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #8
Evil Tharg

Hi Stu,

My 50th has the auto box and was I think the first one in the UK, I took delivery mid December. Didn't realise Ian Allan had sold another six since then, they have been busy and given they are only supposed to get about eighteen cars a year in total it means the 50th will make up about a third of their entire allocation. That's way more than I expected, I figured the blue would be the most popular colour here as it is in the US, shows what I know.

The side lenses don't light up on UK models they are just reflectors.

Car comes with plain floor mats, I bought some better ones from the GM Parts Guy website along with a few other bits and pieces.

Running in is not above 80 MPH and 4,000 Rpm for 1,500 miles although Craig told me to ignore it, said it wasn't neccasary. I didn't, well not often anyway.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #9
UK Camaro

Drives: 2017 Yellow UK Spec Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by essexstu50 View Post
The clear lenses on the side of the car front and rear, I read that they dont actually do anything on the UK spec cars. Is this correct? Indicators are on the wing mirrors? If so I think I will get mine covered in grey or carbon.
Congratulations on buying the Camaro.

I fitted some overlays on the side marker lenses:
https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2016-...kers-only.html
Went for Dark Charcoal. Went on a treat. Very pleased with the look.

Still running mine in - 1,000 miles so far and gradually giving it more beans. Will be taking it to Ian Allan Motors shortly for an interim oil change and will ask them to look at the Transmission Oil Cooler Line Contact Recall which seems to apply to my Auto.

The 50ths started to be produced in June 2016, so I'm guessing the 2018 model year will start in June this year which is when the 50th annotation will cease.
England

Last edited by UK Camaro; 04-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.
UK Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #10
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tharg View Post
Hi Stu,

My 50th has the auto box and was I think the first one in the UK, I took delivery mid December. Didn't realise Ian Allan had sold another six since then, they have been busy and given they are only supposed to get about eighteen cars a year in total it means the 50th will make up about a third of their entire allocation. That's way more than I expected, I figured the blue would be the most popular colour here as it is in the US, shows what I know.

The side lenses don't light up on UK models they are just reflectors.

Car comes with plain floor mats, I bought some better ones from the GM Parts Guy website along with a few other bits and pieces.

Running in is not above 80 MPH and 4,000 Rpm for 1,500 miles although Craig told me to ignore it, said it wasn't neccasary. I didn't, well not often anyway.
Craig did say they were selling too many cars & GM might start asking questions LOL. They keep running out of demonstrators so as soon as a new car is in, they sell it. I think my 50th was supposed to be a demonstrator as well.

May get a set of those nice fifty mats then as well. What is the web site?

80 mph and 4000 rpm not too bad. Should be alright to gradually increase I expect as the miles start to rack up. I feel a few longer road trips may be required!

Will probably get those reflectors covered over as well.

Maybe we should organise a UK Camaro meet up somewhere in the middle of the UK?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #11
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Camaro View Post
Congratulations on buying the Camaro.

I fitted some overlays on the side marker lenses:
https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2016-...kers-only.html
Went for Dark Charcoal. Went on a treat. Very pleased with the look.

Still running mine in - 1,000 miles so far and gradually giving it more beans. Will be taking it to Ian Allan Motors shortly for an interim oil change and will ask them to look at the Transmission Oil Cooler Line Contact Recall which seems to apply to my Auto.

The 50ths started to be produced in June 2016, so I'm guessing the 2018 model year will start in June this year which is when the 50th annotation will cease.
Cheers Rich, cant wait for it to arrive. Will look at those reflector covers as well.

Hope the recall isnt too much of an issue for you.

Will be good if they do delete the 50 edition as early as June. The fewer there are in the UK the better I think. For us that already have them anyway LOL
Old 04-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #12
tunstad

Drives: Camaro Fifty Edition
Nice one Stu, when you getting it? I ordered my 50th edition in January - should be ready in a couple of weeks - can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexstu50 View Post
Hi guys

Just returned from Ian Allan motors after a test drive with Craig. Somehow put deposit down on a new 50 edition. What a car! Cant wait!!

Stu
tunstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #13
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunstad View Post
Nice one Stu, when you getting it? I ordered my 50th edition in January - should be ready in a couple of weeks - can't wait
Hi mate, tunstad, I have bought the one already ordered by Ian Allan and update from Craig was that it is already in Europe so I hope to receive delivery end of May. Its a manual coupe. Yours?

I read on the forum Fifty thread that someone said no more ordered as of 17th April. Craig is going to check. Will be cool if there are less than 10 in the UK. They estimate 4500-5000 in the USA.

Stu
Old 04-14-2017, 05:53 AM   #14
essexstu50

Anyone planning to do any upgrades or changes to their Camaros?

Last edited by essexstu50; 04-15-2017 at 06:54 PM.