Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-07-2023, 04:51 PM   #15
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584316

The chart shows the difference between the diffs. I4/v6 M6 diffs are 3.27 with LSD (no cooling lines) while the SS M6 diff is 3.73 with LSD and coolant lines
I see the eLSD has the same gearing. Would that bolt up directly to a non-eLSD car? I see a couple of those at a local junkyard, so wouldn’t mind picking one of those up if they bolt up directly.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:53 PM   #16
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
Exactly. Thats why I flushed the diff fluid next, and thats what I’m figuring is the problem because of the metal shavings. Taking it off today and having a buddy of mine that deals with drivetrain parts have a look at it. The 2 piece driveshaft looks fine, no unnecessary play there.
Do you want to take a gamble on finding a used replacement or just bite the bullet and get a new one that is the million dollar question
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 05:03 PM   #17
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I see the eLSD has the same gearing. Would that bolt up directly to a non-eLSD car? I see a couple of those at a local junkyard, so wouldn’t mind picking one of those up if they bolt up directly.
Technically the ELSD is cooled by the transmission oil coolers so if you don’t have the lines from the transmission coolers I can’t see why you couldn’t just plug them off if the physical dimensions are the same for your axel and drive shaft lengths? Unless it some how requires the transmission lube to function?
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:45 PM   #18
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I’ve only seen one person retrofit eLSD and they did it entirely on a custom harness and custom programming
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:22 AM   #19
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
What kind of noise was it? Was it a constant humming noise or random thuds?
Constant loud gear whine when you let off of the throttle, after it popped one good time turning a corner. PM me you phone number and I will send you the video of how much play was on the drivers side axle.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 01:13 PM   #20
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Update: Differential worked for a couple of days after flushing the fluid till it finally blew out completely lol.

Anyone know if a 1LE diff works on a regular ss? Same gearing ratios, but wondering if there’s anything different that might not work. Can only find 1le differential carriers at the junkyards.
Old 09-15-2023, 01:29 PM   #21
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Update: Differential worked for a couple of days after flushing the fluid till it finally blew out completely lol.
So you need a new diff.
I did my first fluid change at about 49K miles which were all non-track miles. I had some fine grey dust on the plugs, but no actual "shavings." The "clunk" noise around turns plus the "shavings" makes me think you cracked one of the clutches. The royal purp fluid has friction modifiers, so it should be good. I used the AC delco fluid like most people around here.

be interesting when you take it apart.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 12:44 AM   #22
Ssls1

Drives: Chevrolet camaro
Did you ever fix this issue. Mine is starting to do this turning both ways. Clunks also once in a while after finishing the turn. Did you have to replace your diff
Ssls1 is offline   Reply With Quote