Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-11-2015, 08:33 AM   #71
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Interesting. Did you guys ever dyno a stock 5th gen with the LS3/manual? Curious as to what numbers it put down on your dyno to compare.

I have never used a Superflow unfortunately. Just Dynojets and Mustang dynos...
Hundreds of times, 2010-2012 models are 372-377 RWHP

2013-2015 models are 382-388 due to electric power steering.

This is with Full operating temps, coolant oil, and hood closed.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #72
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
In Ted we Trust!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #73
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
No this is not the old slush box you are used too. Think more of it more like a hybrid between DCT and normal TC auto. But I would still expect a manual to put down a few more HP/TQ on the same dyno. Just not the 5% difference of previous generations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
The A6 and M6 5th Gens put down wild differences in power, much more so than the difference at the crank. I understand these are not TH400's. They don't suck 35% drivetrain power. But by design, they cannot be as efficient as a manual. There is more internal weight and drag. There will be a difference.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #74
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
The A6 and M6 5th Gens put down wild differences in power, much more so than the difference at the crank. I understand these are not TH400's. They don't suck 35% drivetrain power. But by design, they cannot be as efficient as a manual. There is more internal weight and drag. There will be a difference.
The a6 does not have a true 1:1 ratio gear for accurate dyno. 4th gear is 1.15. This hurts the dyno read out for the a6.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #75
tswilie

Drives: 2006 Honda accord v6 6sp manual
People, People

This is media hype. The Camaro and vette have essentially the same motor, SAE certified to 455 HP. The Camaro is slower per the numbers due to its extra 400 lbs of girth. I am sure we will find out that these numbers are post heressey/henessey modifications.

I predict about a week of run on this story until the truth comes out.
tswilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #76
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
This Bone Stock, or TUNED?

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #77
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswilie View Post
People, People

This is media hype. The Camaro and vette have essentially the same motor, SAE certified to 455 HP. The Camaro is slower per the numbers due to its extra 400 lbs of girth. I am sure we will find out that these numbers are post heressey/henessey modifications.

I predict about a week of run on this story until the truth comes out.
People, People

You don't even know what dyno test you're commenting on. Why would you think that Jannetty, in Connecticut, would be testing a car that has been modified by Hennessy, in Texas? Besides the car that Hennessey tested made 431rwhp. And why do you think that Hennessey would modify a car, then test it and publish the numbers as the baseline? Don't you think that would be kind of a self-defeating thing for a tuner to do?

Another problem you've got is the fact that these cars are being tested all over the country and they are all making much more rear wheel horsepower than their 455hp crank horsepower suggests they should be making. Do you think that they all have been modified by Hennessey?

Look, if you don't believe the numbers, that's fine, but you need come up with a better story, because the "it's been modified by Hennessey" one isn't cutting it.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #78
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
People, People

You don't even know what dyno test you're commenting on. Why would you think that Jannetty, in Connecticut, would be testing a car that has been modified by Hennessy, in Texas? Besides the car that Hennessey tested made 431rwhp. And why do you think that Hennessey would modify a car, then test it and publish the numbers as the baseline? Don't you think that would be kind of a self-defeating thing for a tuner to do?

Another problem you've got is the fact that these cars are being tested all over the country and they are all making much more rear wheel horsepower than their 455hp crank horsepower suggests they should be making. Do you think that they all have been modified by Hennessey?

Look, if you don't believe the numbers, that's fine, but you need come up with a better story, because the "it's been modified by Hennessey" one isn't cutting it.
Perhaps you should do some reading on SAE numbers, then compare all the dynos we have seen. Then look at other SAE rated engines and their dynos. You will find a common theme, either everyone is underrated or chassis dynos are not the truth everyone thinks.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #79
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Perhaps you should do some reading on SAE numbers, then compare all the dynos we have seen. Then look at other SAE rated engines and their dynos. You will find a common theme, either everyone is underrated or chassis dynos are not the truth everyone thinks.

Only thing I will ask is was this just a carry over cert from the vette? Some are saying so and haven't looked into it.

If so I can see the camaro being under rated by about 10-15 hp considering some of the dyno numbers and tri y headers...

From what I've read the driveline shouldn't be any more efficient on the camaro. And the 20s don't help either...
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #80
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
This Bone Stock, or TUNED?
This is Bone Stock my friend with 250 miles on the clock.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #81
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Only thing I will ask is was this just a carry over cert from the vette? Some are saying so and haven't looked into it.

If so I can see the camaro being under rated by about 10-15 hp considering some of the dyno numbers and tri y headers...

From what I've read the driveline shouldn't be any more efficient on the camaro. And the 20s don't help either...
Someone posted the actual SAE test on here. I didn't get to open it but it said 458hp and specifically mentioned Camaro on it.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #82
Rocky1974

Quote:

Why do I need to do some reading on SAE numbers? I'm not the one who is claiming that the Jannetty's brand new car with 250 miles on it, was tuned by Hennessey.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #83
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

I noticed someone saying that also, but I don't see how that's possible. If that were true, the Camaro engine would have the exact same rating as the Corvette engine, but it doesn't. The Corvette's LT-1 is rated at 455 horsepower and 460 pound-feet, The Camaro's LT-1 is rated at 455 horsepower and 455 pound-feet of torque. If it was a carry over cert, how did the Camaro lose 5 pound-feet of peak torque?
Old 12-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #84
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This is Bone Stock my friend with 250 miles on the clock.

Ted.
No, your car was tuned by Hennessey. Or at least that's tswilie is claiming.