Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #57
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
What other questions? Can you post the survey?

Obviously they're working on a gen 7. I want to know what the engine options were!!!
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #58

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
What other questions? Can you post the survey?

Obviously they're working on a gen 7. I want to know what the engine options were!!!

Take a look here....Good luck.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536671

Another thread...
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536634
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #59
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
Hybrid Camaro ? well, I like them offer hybrid version of Camaro.

GM doing well in hybrid cars. Putting Volt tech for plug-in Camaro, sound isn't bad for me.

For manual, I just only know Honda CR-Z had manual gearbox,

but for other hybrids, they never offer manual.
Uhhh, what?
Old 08-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #60
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
I just did the survey. My most interesting question was, what gender of identity I want to be identified as..WTH!!! In the beginning of the survey it asked me what gender I was.
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #61
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
GM tried the Hybrid motors before. They didnt sell and failed. So, hopefully they are smart enough and choose not to go down that road again or we will bail them out again.
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #62
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Blk1LE View Post
GM tried the Hybrid motors before. They didnt sell and failed. So, hopefully they are smart enough and choose not to go down that road again or we will bail them out again.
GM has to keep up with the future ,and who will be buying these cars is the key .Lots of people complained when Direct injection V8s were coming ,which that technology has been tried and failed for over 50 years , but its in all of of cars now anyway . The Hybrid Camaros are coming and its about time , GM must keep up with what is out there in the world with real world technology and maybe sales of the Camaro will pick up again without being a movie prop. Right now some of the fastest cars on the street are electric , its time they build a Camaro to stop that .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #63
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
No hybrid bullshit. DCT please.

And TT DOHC would be icing on the cake! It’s a Camaro not a Prius.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #64
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
GM did well in Volt and Bolt, although their hybrid trucks and SUVs were failed.

Mustang will get hybrid version, should Camaro do noting ?
Old 08-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #65
Calcanuck

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
GM has to keep up with the future ,and who will be buying these cars is the key .Lots of people complained when Direct injection V8s were coming ,which that technology has been tried and failed for over 50 years , but its in all of of cars now anyway . The Hybrid Camaros are coming and its about time , GM must keep up with what is out there in the world with real world technology and maybe sales of the Camaro will pick up again without being a movie prop. Right now some of the fastest cars on the street are electric , its time they build a Camaro to stop that .
I agree, they invested in handling and other technologies to catch up to the market and now out perform many more expensive performance cars. They need to keep up. If they can find some weight savings for the batteries the V8 Hybrid could be a great option. Would give you the power and feel of the V8 with the electric boost and hopefully drive on electric when you are stuck in traffic.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #66
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
GM has to keep up with the future ,and who will be buying these cars is the key
So why does every car model have to push hybrid? Or turbo-4? Or both? US domestic ponycar sales represent barely 2% of the market, so it's not like any mfr's bottom line is going to benefit by any significant amount.

Of the four choices given, I'd go with the NA 6.2. But for 'other' I'd pick an NA sixxer over either of the fours listed.

Hybrid power generally isn't compatible with the kind of powertrain I want to be working with, and the amount of power available through turbocharging isn't a big enough plus for me to get past the downsides regarding the delivery of that power . . . unless the alternatives are even less appealing.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-19-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #67
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I wonder why it's 2.7l or 2.0l hybrid. Seems like they should offer the 2.7L and a 2.7L hybrid, along with a higher output 500hp v8
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #68
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
So why does every car model have to push hybrid? Or turbo-4? Or both? US domestic ponycar sales represent barely 2% of the market, so it's not like any mfr's bottom line is going to benefit by any significant amount.

Of the four choices given, I'd go with the NA 6.2. But for 'other' I'd pick an NA sixxer over either of the fours listed (and over the 310 HP 2.7 that wasn't in the poll as well).

Hybrid power generally isn't compatible with the kind of powertrain I want to be working with, and the amount of power available through turbocharging isn't a big enough plus for me to get past the downsides regarding the delivery of that power . . . unless the alternatives are even less appealing.

Norm
I think the pony cars is a great place to push the capabilities of hybrid cars in that small market . In the next few years Camaro will have more cars to worry about then the Mustang , and they are bringing HP in small packages . The Camaro can leave its past in the past and grow into the future with the tech thats available and not yet available and be much more successful . There is nothing i would want to see more then a 7th Gen Z28 Hybrid with 5.5L V8 twin turbo 800 HP with AWD . I really think the best is yet to come ,just have to accept change .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #69
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
The Camaro can leave its past in the past and grow into the future with the tech thats available and not yet available and be much more successful .
Exactly! The Camaro went from pony car to retro muscle car to world class sports car. This is the continued evolution, next generation super car. Imagine AWD launches, cornering and torque vectoring. I'm sure Al won't let the Camaro turn into a Prius.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:03 PM   #70
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Buy your V8’s now.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote