Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Eliteengineering E2 Single installation w/o clean side

So I received my kit, but the instructions that are on the web site really suck and don't seem to fit my model at all which should be a much simpler installation.

I've reviewed the pictures and video I found in this section, but nothing seems to help me much.

There's only two ports on the can and I assume all I need to do is separate the hard line that comes from the back of the engine on the driver's side and attach the hard line to the intake port of the E2 and connect the exit port of the E2 to that same hard line going the other direction towards in the intake (circled on the picture). The installation instructions talk about taping threads into this line, installing flow restrictor and inline valves none of which was included in my kit and may well be unnecessary for all I know.

Seems kinda Busch league for Elite not to provide better instructions on this and all the parts necessary for the installation.

dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
WideTrx

Drives: 2017 RS LGX w/ mods
I don't think that is the correct line. I think that is the cockpit sound enhancing tube in your picture. You need the clean vacuum line from the intake, pre throttle body. Typically this comes off our intakes in a small port that points toward the engine bay fuse box.

I have their 3 port can, one port goes to the back of the engine bay dirty PCV line, one goes on the clean vacuum port, and the third goes into a port drilled into the intake manifold which your model doesn't need.

Based on your bio, you should use these instructions linked here, just ignore the third port going to the intake...
Oil Catch Can - 2016+ GM LGX Camaro, Cadillac, etc
Hope this helps!

Don
WideTrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Kairles

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
That is the correct line(pictured), sound tube is on the bottom of the intake tube. Their instructions do suck, picture shows one thing while the words say another.
Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #4
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairles View Post
That is the correct line(pictured), sound tube is on the bottom of the intake tube. Their instructions do suck, picture shows one thing while the words say another.

I found your old thread, but it would help if you have any pictures of your install, in particular the two lines I need to connect. I don't mind ordering new hoses if that would make for a cleaner install.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote