Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2021, 02:53 PM   #15
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUNDVL View Post
this is one of the easiest cars to pull plugs on lol
Not with a procharger on one side, the antifreeze reservoir on the other

Now my 2000 Chevy K3500... that's easy. I could sit in the engine bay and nothing surrounding it for miles.

It's not like a front drive or anything for sure.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:04 PM   #16
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Not with a procharger on one side, the antifreeze reservoir on the other

Now my 2000 Chevy K3500... that's easy. I could sit in the engine bay and nothing surrounding it for miles.

It's not like a front drive or anything for sure.
ahhh forgot about the PC that makes sense and with number 3 having the misfires that is rough, pd blower makes this car cake to do maintenance on... Good luck with getting rid of the misfires
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:44 AM   #17
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Happy to say it was the wires after all. In particular the #3 wire's sheath had pulled back on the wire quite a ways... probably allowing spark to jump out of the boot under load.

I was conflating the change in plug brand/type/gap with the misfire and ashamedly didn't consider the basics first.

BTW... A very noticeable difference between the OEM plugs and the recommended NGK 6510 w/ .035" gap. Some real seat of the pants difference in power there.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:39 PM   #18
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Happy to say it was the wires after all. In particular the #3 wire's sheath had pulled back on the wire quite a ways... probably allowing spark to jump out of the boot under load.

I was conflating the change in plug brand/type/gap with the misfire and ashamedly didn't consider the basics first.

BTW... A very noticeable difference between the OEM plugs and the recommended NGK 6510 w/ .035" gap. Some real seat of the pants difference in power there.
That is good to hear. I had a similar issue in my twin turbo car and we pulled the plugs and checked them and inspected the wires and didn't see anything wrong so we put it back together and it ran fine.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:57 PM   #19
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Are you running headers? The stock plug wires, in my case, got brittle very quickly and weren’t happy coming off...easy to develop a crack IMO. I know some have had success, but not me. Lol
Quote:

Happy to hear it! I do accept cash or check.
2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS A8 Whipple 8.00/3.25, Mast Motorsports Black Label LT1 heads, CamMotion custom blower cam, Katech VVT & AFM delete covers, Rotofab Big Gulp, Katech 103mm TB, DW400 in tank pump w/JMS, Johnson 2110R lifters, GPI forged pistons & rods, LPE +52 injectors, LPE BB HPFP, AWE Touring CB, GForce 3.5” DS, GForce Outlaw axles, 2” ceramic coated Dynatech headers, MM Wild CC, LPE check valve, everything BMR makes, OEM 1LE wheels (street), Forgestar D5 bead locks (track)
2021 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD (daily driver)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 (hers)
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote