Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
raidaru

Drives: 2SS
Airbag resistor trick, anyone figured it out yet?

Hi there fellas, did any of you figure out what resistance should have a resistor to bypass the airbag on a 6th gen camaro? There are 2.2, 2.7,3 and 3.3 ohms values generally. I read somwhere that on vettes works with 2.2 ohms. Any ideas?
raidaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Why the fuk are you even considering disabling your airbag unless and ONLY if you are going to convert your car into a strictly dedicated track-only race car that would never be sold or titled for use on the street again?????
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #3
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
Assume it is for an aftermarket seat. You are removing an airbag, the system throws a light. It is annoying. It does not disable the whole airbag supplemental restraint system.
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 PM   #4
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Why the fuk are you even considering disabling your airbag unless and ONLY if you are going to convert your car into a strictly dedicated track-only race car that would never be sold or titled for use on the street again?????
Because the OP isnt trying "disabling" the system, they are trying to get it to work with an aftermarket seat.

You actually have airbags in the seats and sensors for the air bag system, in the seats. If you just unplug them and put an aftermarket seat in there, it throws the air bag light and the whole system doesn't work. Just a few sensors that I know of, off the top of my heads, are the sensors for the actual air bags in the seats, the occupancy sensor in the passenger seat, and the sensors that detect how forward the seat is on the track, so it can deploy the frontal air bag accordingly, and the seat belt sensors.

The OP is asking how to keep the system working properly (and keep the air bag light off). I mean unless you think the air bag in the seat really makes a car unthinkable on the street. cars came with only frontal airbags for how long?

To the OP, no one has yet... there is a member that made a harness that supposedly works, and thought about making more for people, but hasn't said anything else about it again, even after inquiries

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #5
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
I bought an NRG steering wheel hub adapter, and it came with resistors for the air bag. I just measured them, and they're 2 Ohms.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Because the OP isnt trying "disabling" the system, they are trying to get it to work with an aftermarket seat.

You actually have airbags in the seats and sensors for the air bag system, in the seats. If you just unplug them and put an aftermarket seat in there, it throws the air bag light and the whole system doesn't work. Just a few sensors that I know of, off the top of my heads, are the sensors for the actual air bags in the seats, the occupancy sensor in the passenger seat, and the sensors that detect how forward the seat is on the track, so it can deploy the frontal air bag accordingly, and the seat belt sensors.

The OP is asking how to keep the system working properly (and keep the air bag light off). I mean unless you think the air bag in the seat really makes a car unthinkable on the street. cars came with only frontal airbags for how long?

To the OP, no one has yet... there is a member that made a harness that supposedly works, and thought about making more for people, but hasn't said anything else about it again, even after inquiries
Ok well he didn’t mention anything about replacing the seat in his post. Anyone asking about disabling airbags sets an alarm off to me that’s all.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote