Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Phastek Performance

Old 09-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
ZKJR88

Drives: 2017 CAMARO RS
Catch Can?

I'm about 16,000kms in to my LT and right now I just realized I haven't had a catch can yet.

1) Should I get it, is it necessary?

2) If so, should I get it from the dealer if available, or get it done from someone else? Any recommendations on where to get one?
ZKJR88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #2
Daily Camaro

Drives: 2017 hyper blue 2.0T manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKJR88 View Post
I'm about 16,000kms in to my LT and right now I just realized I haven't had a catch can yet.

2) If so, should I get it from the dealer if available, or get it done from someone else? Any recommendations on where to get one?
I know you said you have the LT but what engine are we talking? 2.0T or V6? if its the 2.0T you might want to check out this link
Daily Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKJR88 View Post

1) Not necessary, but depending on how long you are going to keep the car it can be recommended as it increases the longevity of the engine. Or in other words keeps it cleaner longer.

2) Dealers will not sell a catch can. There are many brands claiming they are the best, I recently ordered a Mishimoto for my SS. After conversion and shipping it is costing me $360.

Before you decide on anything, talk to your dealer and ask "I'm thinking about adding a catch can will that cause any problems for warranty?" And see what their reaction is, if it's negative then I suggest waiting for warranty to expire or find another dealership.

I talked to mine before I purchased and he said "you can do any modification you want, however, if the mod is determined to be the cause of the failure of X then it wont be covered". I have a good relationship with my dealer as we send them a lot of trucks to be serviced there, so being honest with them and talking to the head service guy is the way to go.

Hope this helps