Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #15
Flash144

Drives: Drop Top SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Thread titles generally set the tone for what follows, and in this case the original thread title was decidedly hostile toward a vendor. That's fertile ground for drama, set by OP . . . I'm a little surprised OP got off with only mild flame.

Norm

Well, welcome to the internet! I remember my first "Flame" was really tough and abusive, it's taken me years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to get through therapy. I guess if you say something or joke around people get so butt hurt nowadays online. I guess one day we will all go through "Sensitive" training in kindergarten to ensure that we all walk, talk, and act the same way. I mean that's the way we all should be now right? Also, who knows? Maybe we should all sue Borla for making a great product right? If you read the OT you would understand that it was a joke in good fun, and according to George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln, 90% of people will read negative post's rather than positive posts on the internet. They told me this while Martha was baking me an apple pie.
Flash144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #16
vtwin996

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash144 View Post
That looks great, I'm going to look into getting these to tuck under a little better. Thanks for the pics.
Its all in what you like... Before I installed I looked at all the pics I could find and I thought to myself man they stick out too far, but when installed it per Borla instructions it looked good to me in person...

That being said I decided to go ahead and cut the extra inch on both pipes just in case because no better time to do it while its on the lift.... During the final fitment i did prefer it tucked in a little more, so that is where i left them.

I love the looks of the tips... people either hate them or love them... I'm assuming because its not the norm and they look so radically different from anything else on the street... and that is another reason i love them.
vtwin996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #17
Flash144

Drives: Drop Top SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin996 View Post
Its all in what you like... Before I installed I looked at all the pics I could find and I thought to myself man they stick out too far, but when installed it per Borla instructions it looked good to me in person...

That being said I decided to go ahead and cut the extra inch on both pipes just in case because no better time to do it while its on the lift.... During the final fitment i did prefer it tucked in a little more, so that is where i left them.

I love the looks of the tips... people either hate them or love them... I'm assuming because its not the norm and they look so radically different from anything else on the street... and that is another reason i love them.
I'm right there with you! I think the tips get a lot of attention because its out of the norm, and like you said people love them or hate them. But I totally agree with you and good call on cutting them, I'm definitely going to do that this weekend.
Flash144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:30 AM   #18
Camaro85

Drives: 2015 SS
Quote:
Well, welcome to the internet! I remember my first "Flame" was really tough and abusive, it's taken me years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to get through therapy. I guess if you say something or joke around people get so butt hurt nowadays online. I guess one day we will all go through "Sensitive" training in kindergarten to ensure that we all walk, talk, and act the same way. I mean that's the way we all should be now right? Also, who knows? Maybe we should all sue Borla for making a great product right? If you read the OT you would understand that it was a joke in good fun, and according to George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln, 90% of people will read negative post's rather than positive posts on the internet. They told me this while Martha was baking me an apple pie.
It's one thing to joke around. But to use clickbait to get people to read the thread at the expense of a company, that's different.
Camaro85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #19
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Well, welcome to the internet! I remember my first "Flame" was really tough and abusive, it's taken me years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to get through therapy. I guess if you say something or joke around people get so butt hurt nowadays online. I guess one day we will all go through "Sensitive" training in kindergarten to ensure that we all walk, talk, and act the same way. I mean that's the way we all should be now right?
Dance around it all you want, your original title was unreasonably inflammatory.

I still haven't more than glanced at the text because I refuse to keep scrolling right-left-right- . . . in order to read what promised to be an ugly post (even though it may not have been). Something about 'first impressions' applies to threads, too.

Is this the second time this thread has been renamed, or have I missed some?

Norm
Old 11-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #20
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro85 View Post
It's one thing to joke around. But to use clickbait to get people to read the thread at the expense of a company, that's different.
It's clear OP has 0 understanding of the issue here and the reply is nothing more than deflection to minimize the comment made.

Instead of everyone being sent to sensitivity training, some people should be trained to have a better understanding of where lines are and why you don't intentionally click bait people with an inflammatory headline that's insinuating a legal issue against a well known brand.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #21
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Even after the mods cleaned up the title and deleted my opinion. I think the tips look cool. Story is still garbage though.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #22
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
tips stick out too far
Tips look better sticking out. Gives the old school look.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:11 AM   #23
zepol9

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Dance around it all you want, your original title was unreasonably inflammatory.

I still haven't more than glanced at the text because I refuse to keep scrolling right-left-right- . . . in order to read what promised to be an ugly post (even though it may not have been). Something about 'first impressions' applies to threads, too.

Is this the second time this thread has been renamed, or have I missed some?

Norm
Norm your so ****ing stupid, you drive a mustang gtfo
zepol9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #24
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepol9 View Post
Norm your so ****ing stupid, you drive a mustang gtfo
Might want to at least use the correct you're before calling someone stupid.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #25
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Even after the mods cleaned up the title and deleted my opinion. I think the tips look cool. Story is still garbage though.
What did the original title say that has every ones panties all bunched up?
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #26
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Something about a class action lawsuit against Borla. It was done in such a way that it was funny because he was having so much fun with his new exhaust. Some people can't take a joke.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #27
Camaro85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
OP put something along the lines of installed Borla exhaust and now lawsuit. He used clickbait to make people think he installed a Borla exhaust, which damaged his car and he needed a lawsuit. He just wanted people to read his post about how much he loved his new exhaust. People got upset because he was deceiving people, and giving Borla a bad rep.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #28
Camaro85

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Something about a class action lawsuit against Borla. It was done in such a way that it was funny because he was having so much fun with his new exhaust. Some people can't take a joke.
It's not a joke when you are giving a company a bad rep.