Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #15
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
The Heads Up Racing was a little confusing, because you couldn't hear when it was time to race.

The other thing, which I know its hard because there are so few of us V6's. But its tough when you have folks that have to run against V6's that are running in the 12's (which is badazz our cars can go that fast) vs either stock or bolt-on V6's. I personally was running 14.7s and 14.8s on Friday and I couldn't to save my life get out of the 15s on Saturday, (this was mainly due to the DA being so high). I made 11 runs on the track on Friday, and I only got 4 in on Saturday due to CamaroCrossing. Never the less, I had a blast being on the track even though I was getting spanked by the all the V6s and V8s.. lmao But I will say I did get my first win ever against another LLT, so I was pretty stoked about that!
Aww, Cmon X-Factor! I only have an LFX :-P

If I could change 1 thing, it would be better communication. Both better instructions before-hand, and a better PA or radio system during, with more frequent announcements.

I know the PA system is kind of out of the mod's control (other than the selection of the venue in the first place), but the PA system at Beech Bend was just horrible. If you weren't directly in front of one of the FEW speakers they had, good luck trying to hear anything. I mostly just sat in my car with the radio tuned to 87.9 the whole time trying to figure out what was going on. Also, the announcer(s) could have timed their announcements to not overlap with drag burnouts and cars leaving the line. I can't remember how many announcements I missed simply because they kept on talkin' right through the loud cars.

I think a lot of peoples frustrations could have been solved with better communication.

All-in-all, I had an awesome time! Much respect to all those involved in making this happen. I know the amount time you all invested is immense. Thank you for all you do!
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:35 PM   #16
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
The Saturday car show parking was chaotic. We just didn't anticipate so many cars. The main issues were people wanting to park with their friends even though they weren't participating in the show, cars not parking close together enough leaving a larger gap than needed, and people setting up those pop-up tents and chairs where we needed the space.
Then again, I don't know if anyone else drove around Saturday afternoon. I drove around getting a rough count. It was packed at the track. Even the grassy area was full most of the day. I counted about 550 cars just that afternoon. I think we just outgrew the track. I also think it was an issue of us not knowing the track very well. All we have is google map shots to work with planning so a lot of last minute changes were made with the set-up.

Keep the suggestions coming guys we definitely need as much help as possible.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #17
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Aww, Cmon X-Factor! I only have an LFX :-P
I know and you still beat me at the last second! Dang, LFX engines catches me everytime... Lmao

Old 08-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #18
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

Here is a driveby of the area. I just took this as I was leaving the drag area.

This video is from the beginning of the drag lanes entrance all the way to the CamaroCross area.

Edit, I gotchur back... SSE 4 2SS and I see Milk does as well..

Old 08-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #19
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
embedded

and you can see all the issues I pointed out in the first minute of that video.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #20
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
its difficult to have a car show in grassy areas . it just doesn't work well. especially if it's been raining like it had been. it would have been a mess. Freshly Cut Grass and show cars don't go to well togethor. Park Spectators in the grass instead.
You only need one lane for the cars returning to the track, that should be easy enough to handle.
It could be the place is just too small for us when we all get togethor. There should be a point that you cannot get past unless you are a car showing in the show or a trailer pulling one, then get the trailer to the trailer lot quickly.
If everyone wants more vendors then I think more pavement needs to be found if we do go back there. get the Vendors closer togethor is one solution.
I really think it was organized VERY WELL you will always have trouble with people not following directions and parking wherever they dang well want. Thats why we have tow trucks,LOL.

I have heard alot of complaints about people who got there late in the day and could not find a good spot in the car show area. I dont think that is an unusual problem at any car show. We are not inexperienced to these things, we all know what to do if you want to eliminate that problem Get there early ! I have been to shows where they say sorry, no more room plenty of times. I think we are all fortunate that they tried to accomodate us all and they in fact did.
oh by the way, the Golf Cart rental idea was pretty sweet. We got one on Saturday after the prices dropped to a reasonable level. That's my 2 cents
Zello channel for auto cross another for drag racing a third for car show participants would be good. I like that idea.

Last edited by lawdog; 08-14-2015 at 02:44 AM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #21
Hydro FROG

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Send a message via AIM to Hydro FROG Send a message via Yahoo to Hydro FROG
Would it be possible to have a walkie talkie channel for the event? Each venue could have their own channel. Drivers could bring their own walkie talkie and tune in to the venue they were driving in, or to the venue they wanted more information on. I think this would require a high maturity level since it could not be controlled who was on the channel. But something like this might help with all the confusion?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #22
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
This was my first fest, as many have stated the communication was NULL, one would think theses issues would be resolved with this being the 6th event.

Charge more $$$ $20.00 for a 2 day event of this size is NOTHING. $75 Dollars for the 2 days would be enough to cover the cost of a few paid workers to direct and provide information, and help defer some of the cost to vendors.

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro FROG View Post
Would it be possible to have a walkie talkie channel for the event? Each venue could have their own channel. Drivers could bring their own walkie talkie and tune in to the venue they were driving in, or to the venue they wanted more information on. I think this would require a high maturity level since it could not be controlled who was on the channel. But something like this might help with all the confusion?
That is an outstanding idea!!!! Or better yet use the Zello app on the cell phones. Attendees can join the "Fest Group" way ahead of time will be muted from talking. Organizers can then make announcements and open up (un-mute) for a Q&A session each day. The best part about Zello is if you miss the message or can't understand it due to noise etc you can play back the history anytime you want. Thanks again for that idea.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #24
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Here is a driveby of the area. I just took this as I was leaving the drag area.

This video is from the beginning of the drag lanes entrance all the way to the CamaroCross area. Sorry I forgot how to embed.

u2b - /u2b ---- ug I've tried every combo and I cant get it to work

https://youtu.be/3a0VlHAdpmE
That VIDEO needs this SONG. @0:20

Old 08-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #25
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That is an outstanding idea!!!! Or better yet use the Zello app on the cell phones. Attendees can join the "Fest Group" way ahead of time will be muted from talking. Organizers can then make announcements and open up (un-mute) for a Q&A session each day. The best part about Zello is if you miss the message or can't understand it due to noise etc you can play back the history anytime you want. Thanks again for that idea.
Zello is a great idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That VIDEO needs this SONG. @0:20

Nice, unfortunately I dont have software to do that.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #26
Kcchiefscraig

Drives: 2010 LT synergy green
Fest ideas

Quote:
That is just what I was thinking about using Zello! Great idea in my book!
Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Kcchiefscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Absofreakinglutely!!!

We used the Zello app while driving in and it was PERFECT. No walkies to run down on power. No extra walkie to carry around. Just a cell phone which everyone has anyway. LOVE IT. Great idea!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
More vendors.
We are going to try to work on that. I think timing with the LS event and another event going on that week had some play in it. Regardless, we want vendors because you guys want to spend money. We just want it to be worth it for both members AND vendors to come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
An extra day ;o)

-Don
That's exactly what I told Cheryl Pilcher in Valdosta that Saturday night when she asked how we could make it better the following year. What did we do? Added a day. What did we do 5 Fests later? Added a 3rd day! Now you want 4?!? Ok! lol What the hell! Let's just make it the entire week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
More security for the night gathering would be a good idea i think. I'm not talking detail police but one or two of those would be nice but members taking time out of the festivities to help police the lot some. I know awhile ago i was at an event where volunteers blocked the entrance with chairs and wore security vests and we had a single officer on detail for a parking lot the size of a wal-mart supercenter and it went well. Host hotel would have to approve of this and we'd have to let people from the hotel in and out of course but i really don't see an issue with this idea given what transpired this year with the rustang hooligans i think the host hotels would be fine with this.

mlee needs to bring more kegs to the night gathering aswell that's a huge issue every year he never brings enough kegs what's with that guy!
Security will happen next year. With the track being 13k more to rent this year coupled with the fact that we've done really well with not having issues, we crossed our fingers this year and said, "we've been good. I think we can do this." Well, the Mustangs threw a wrench in that. Because in all seriousness, what ELSE happened that required security? NADA! Because were a GOOD crowd!!! But we'll make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I think it has been mentioned a few times, but communication is key at large events. Parking was an issue on Sat, hearing the announcements at the track was an issue (not C5 issue), track prep the first day was an issue.
See Allan for that. Parking was pretty crazy. They were ALL the way around the track. I was floored thinking everything was going to remain on one side but it just spilled over. Crazy. GOOD turnout but whah! I see what you mean!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Again parking was a huge issue on Saturday between racing and the car show, if they put the car show in the grassy area which there was plenty it would of made the organizing a lot smoother, the vendor booths were fine where they were. Other than that everything went off without a problem. Oh forgot to mention the meet n greet convention area, MORE CHAIRS lol and maybe a separate area for registration cause as soon as that opened it got congested real quick.
Yep. Allan was talking about this all morning as the car show was getting set up. Said everything was getting hectic, people parking wherever they wanted, chairs set up, etc etc etc. You simply can't have that at a car show. Follow the instructions of the people putting on the show, park where you are told, and let the crew run it. Cooperation is key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Move it more to the left or right of the country more often. 4 years is a long time.
So what if it was west coast or mid=west next year. think we could get a good turnout?

Quote:
I also got back to the Holiday Inn around 6:30 on Saturday evening and any open spots at the hotel that were near the other Camaros had cones, chairs, coolers, etc. blocking them. I am referring to the side lot near the golf course. My room was on that side so that was the only place I would park. I wanted to be able to check on my baby from the room.
I understand people want to keep the best spots but it was frustrating watching those spots stay vacant for hours. And I hated the non Camaros taking up great spots, but I understand we weren't the only folks staying at the hotel.
Next time I will bring cones too so that should solve that problem.
But again, kudos to everyone involved. I still had a blast both days!
Yep. I simply left my Camaro parked once I got a good spot and we either walked to the restaurants or took the shuttle when it was a bit further away. That's pretty much every fest...cones, coolers, chairs... What can you do... If we can't stop everyone, join them! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'd do away with bracket racing all together and just make it purely test and tune. Let the mods enjoy more of the days.
Wish we could enjoy it all too!!! I got one run in Thursday on the NCM track. I should have been able to do more and would have but the rain hit. I wish there could have been more up in the staging lanes running test and tune when they wanted. Look at Valdosta. You bring it? You run it. 4 lanes wide coming into the strip and everyone just ran, ran, ran....was awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
The bracket race they run on Friday, anyone can race, its a dial your own, handicapped start. it ran great. The heads up classes Saturday seemed to have issues.
A drivers meeting next year will take care of this. I heard a lot of people didn't know they were running, couldn't find drivers, others had to wait in line, ... I'm sure that'll get remedied next year. I know Robert and Merc were working their asses off trying to keep it going, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
The Saturday car show parking was chaotic. We just didn't anticipate so many cars. The main issues were people wanting to park with their friends even though they weren't participating in the show, cars not parking close together enough leaving a larger gap than needed, and people setting up those pop-up tents and chairs where we needed the space.
Then again, I don't know if anyone else drove around Saturday afternoon. I drove around getting a rough count. It was packed at the track. Even the grassy area was full most of the day. I counted about 550 cars just that afternoon. I think we just outgrew the track. I also think it was an issue of us not knowing the track very well. All we have is google map shots to work with planning so a lot of last minute changes were made with the set-up.

^^^THIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro FROG View Post
That Zello app....GREAT suggestion. LOVE IT and we will implement it next year for sure!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #28
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Let me first to day the I had a lot fun, it was my first Fest and don't regret the 12 hour trip plus unpaid time off from work to attend. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Things that could be improvement in my opinion is communication, a lot o people didn't have a clue what was what, even at the Camaro5 tend the guy could not answer my question.
Apparently the PA system the the NCM track and Beech Bend needs improvement, I could get no info by it unless I was right beside it. At NCM I miss the only dry run of the day because I was by the food stand and could not hear the announcement.
And I am sure everyone if M6 Street tires missed that bracket beccause either it wasn't announced throughout the event or if it was people didn't hear. I only heard 1 call for it , after 4 pm, actually Brandon (Green Joker) heard it, because hes was by the staging lane, and come come over to tell me about it , and I was parked all by myself in the pit lane, by the Oracle tent, , and everyone was gone, it would be a fun class to run.
Technology is your friend, a mass text program service, is cheap. Not only the organizers could send updates during the event, you could request information if need to. Say text Autocross to 8874, and bingo all info would come by text.

One last thing and that's to the food vendors, again Technology is your friend, SquareUp and you can charge any credit card with a phone or tablet, I don't carry cash, I am guessing a lot people are the same way, I am sure they could make a lot more sales.

Again I had a lot fun, and I thank all organizers for all the hard work. I am not trying to put down the the fest,far from it. Just a little suggestions that could be pick up to the next fest.