Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 01-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Anyone with LPO wheels who were denied the OEM by the dealer..

I detailed my personal experience in the "issues section" and this is as much a warning to buyers as a request for help.

I'm just curious if anyone who's car came with the LPO wheels had to fight with the dealer to get back the OEM wheels and won.

The window sticker has a disclaimer stating “OPTIONS INSTALLED BY THE MANUFACTURER (MAY REPLACE STANDARD EQUIPMENT SHOWN)” and the LPO wheels are clearly indicated as (DEALER INSTALLED) which excludes them from being covered under the disclaimer. This alone should be proof that the standard wheels should be included with the car because they're on the build sheet. I can't find language anywhere that indicates they "replace" the OEM wheels and neither can GM customer service.

The problem is that we are charged for both the standard wheels and the full price for the LPOs which are $2000 which means GM would be committing fraud if they aren't providing any disclaimer alerting the customer they don't receive the OEM wheels...hard to imagine GM having a policy like that without covering themselves with a disclaimer of some kind. Whether someone cares about having 2 sets of wheels or not I can't imagine anyone being OK with paying over $2k for the OEM wheels they don't receive.

I know that LPO wheels for Corvettes clearly state the customer gets two full sets of wheels which implies the same is true for Camaros since they're both GM accessories.

The reason this is even more irritating for me personally is that when I first called the dealership the general manager agreed and sent me a set of wheels and a check for $500 which would have fully satisfied my request except the wheels were damaged. The general manager left the dealer before sending the check he promised as payment and now the dealer claims a district manager says GM's policy to to take back any parts replaced and I was never entitled to them. Even then nobody quoted a policy...they just said it exists. Customer service says they cant help me because if a district manager said it than it must be true and won't even bother to confirm it.

Has anyone ever actually seen or ready this so called policy from GM? It's especially odd the dealership had no idea such a thing existed until a week ago nor bothered to find out from at anyone at GM if they were actually obligated to sent me anything before they did it.

Something does not seem right about any of this. I've seen a lot of discussion by other people going through the same thing over the years but no "magic bullet" solution that works every time. (although a lot of people don't post updates when they get results) If anyone has a success story how they got back their OEM wheels I'd love to hear it.

Scotty B

Last edited by ScottyB911; 01-16-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: adding
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
This guy did

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ght=lpo+wheels
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
ScottyB911

HA!...and Billyspeed is the guy who did an awesome job painting the stripes on my 2013. (super cool guy too)

Scotty B
Old 01-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
ScottyB911

Victory! New wheels on the way!

Scotty B
Old 02-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
JimW

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
Victory! New wheels on the way!
👍 did you end up having to contact a district manager ?
Old 02-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #6
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Customer Care Rep Called Me Back With Some BS today. Something about an $800 credit on the factory wheels not shown on any paperwork I got. But that they could provide if I wanted it. Said factory install wheels were removed and 800 credit given towards the new LPO wheels. Never saw that displayed on any paperwork or stickers. Customer care at GM was worthless.
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #7
ScottyB911

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
👍 did you end up having to contact a district manager ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
Customer Care Rep Called Me Back With Some BS today. Something about an $800 credit on the factory wheels not shown on any paperwork I got. But that they could provide if I wanted it. Said factory install wheels were removed and 800 credit given towards the new LPO wheels. Never saw that displayed on any paperwork or stickers. Customer care at GM was worthless.
Supposedly their district manager said I was NOT supposed to have them...but apparently nobody bothered to call this supposed manager until after sending me the OEM wheels, taking them back after I told them they were damaged, and promising to send me a check instead of another set of wheels. In the end I just got back the same damaged OEM wheels they sent the first time.

Pics of the wheels here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482726

GM customer service said something similar with regard to a "discount"...I was just told that the dealership has the right to keep them if they feel they gave the customer a good deal on the car or something to that effect.

I wouldn't have even cared if all this had happened right up front. It's the fact that they strung me along for a month then pulled the rug out from under me the day after telling me they were sending the check that had me so pissed.

Scotty B