Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #15
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Woo. My butt puckered for you lol.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #16
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Good observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
The video might work better without the "youtu.be/" inside the html [u2b] syntax.

The rear was trying to step out on the immediately preceding left (I'm not familiar with VIR turn numbering). Don't know if that means anything or not, just that it was there.

Norm
Reinforces the idea that an problem on one turn usually shows itself in a leter turn.

OP thanks for posting and letting us all learn from your experience. Good save also!
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #17
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Yeah, I've seen a few impacts in snake... though usually a bit later, when people hook their rear tires on the curbing in T5/6 on the left. Great save though, very heads up keeping steering input once you were on the grass. Also, agreed with Norm, the rear was unsettled in early T4.

One note, in looking at your throttle trace as the rear started to step... you lifted, which ultimately exacerbated the slide. Adding throttle as you feel the rear begin to slide frequently seems counterintuitive to most students I work with... but the first time you feel the rear bite and take a set after feeling the yaw of the rear rotating... its a huge AH HA moment for most. I'd guess that with PTM Sport 1, the car could have sorted out the slide if you kept your foot in it... though I might be completely wrong, and the slide was gonna happen period. Just my thoughts.

Also, just curious- are you still on those 295/30 Conti's?
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #18
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Yeah, I've seen a few impacts in snake... though usually a bit later, when people hook their rear tires on the curbing in T5/6 on the left. Great save though, very heads up keeping steering input once you were on the grass. Also, agreed with Norm, the rear was unsettled in early T4.

One note, in looking at your throttle trace as the rear started to step... you lifted, which ultimately exacerbated the slide. Adding throttle as you feel the rear begin to slide frequently seems counterintuitive to most students I work with... but the first time you feel the rear bite and take a set after feeling the yaw of the rear rotating... its a huge AH HA moment for most. I'd guess that with PTM Sport 1, the car could have sorted out the slide if you kept your foot in it... though I might be completely wrong, and the slide was gonna happen period. Just my thoughts.

Also, just curious- are you still on those 295/30 Conti's?
yes...the Conti's have 9 track days on them and are being replaced for next event. Thanks for the thoughtful explanation.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote