Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
novaSS

Drives: 2020 Red Hot 2SS
Borla vs SW

Sorry if It's been compared somewhere, but I couldn't find anything using search. I'm ready to get an axleback for the car and long story short I think the Stainless Works one sounds the best (judging by youtube alone)

I've also noticed the safe bet is to go with Borla Atak, so now I am wondering if anyone who has heard both has any feedback on them. Volume wise is one louder than the other? Sound?

I just really like the tone of the SW, but don't want to end up with a headache and buyer's remorse if it ends up being low quality and quiet.
novaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
In my research I’ve found the sw will drone while borla doesn’t
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:20 PM   #3
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
The new Redline is systems from Stainless Works would compare nicely with the Borla Atak system. It retains the NPP and sounds great. We have not had any issues with drone with Stainless Works...even on modded cars. Borla is hard to beat but we're big fans of smaller companies that do more R&D. We can make it more affordable the Borla and if you decide to get long tube headers down the road the SW offers a true 3" connection.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:20 AM   #4
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
The new Redline is systems from Stainless Works would compare nicely with the Borla Atak system. It retains the NPP and sounds great. We have not had any issues with drone with Stainless Works...even on modded cars. Borla is hard to beat but we're big fans of smaller companies that do more R&D. We can make it more affordable the Borla and if you decide to get long tube headers down the road the SW offers a true 3" connection.
Do you have any videos of the Redline system without headers on stock manifolds and cats? An do you have any videos of it in closed vs. open position? Can you really hear the difference in the closed vs open position, like the stock NPP or Flowmaster in your opinion? Thanks
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust sw axle back borla