Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #15
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMUFF View Post
Wow, don't even get me started on this. It's great to take a break but you shouldn't you have a had a job by now? I think the best way to land that one job is at the career fair or recuiting day. Maybe the engineering school I went to was different/better but I had several job offers before finishing school. All I had to do was tell them a starting date. Maybe 1 month or maybe 3 months.... Sure you can work forever but those are the same people who rely on social security checks to pay for there double wide.

I wish I had finished school faster then 5 years. I think man I would/could have had that position or that pay!
SSMUF.... engineering and business grads have a very different path to take when it come to jobs.... imo..... have had a few freinds grad from engineering.

I could be however wrong.

My friends.... two landed jobs like you.... and one landed a job 1 month after.

However I do not know any business grads here that have landed a job right away.... it took everyone more than a few months of kicking around.

Mind you..... your job market might be terrific.... ours here is pretty good too..... but experience is a priority before anything, especially for business grad related jobs.... and it takes a while before anyone really shows interest in grads that don't have that concrete experience.... which most dont.

So yah. there it is.

Its interesting though how I posted this up... and I find myself defending myself for taking a break off, lol.... perhaps its the wrong move... i dunno.... but I have my folks support on this one... so im gunna assume there right.....

like Jak said (and many other family and friends have too).... i have my whole life to work ahead.... I think taking 3 months off isn't going to change my life path.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Old 04-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #16
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Congratulations, brudda!!!

I remember finishing EVERYTHING and taking my last test. God, it was wonderful! Just knowing that school was OVER and I didn't have to continue was awesome.

Then, my CRJ professor asked if I wanted to get my Masters offering some great classes to me. Ugh.............
hahaha.... yes it is a wonderful feeling indeed!

so did you take the prof up on the master program or not?

Im not looking at grad school yet... wanna work for next 3 years or so before i go back if i do..... im looking at law school if i do go back.

If I dont like where im headed then im going to change tracks and unfortunately go back to school for an arts program in digital design and film production..... which is something i love to do on my own anyways.... so I figure I could always do that if I found my life to miserable in the business world.

Something else you may find interesting TAG.... I actually applied to be a cop too at one point! I applied to RCMP and VPD..... wrote the entry exams... passed... did the initial interview's and did the physical exams.... its called the POPAT here... and i passed... but then I knew eventually I wouldn't make it through because of my age and sort of decided I wasn't sure that being a cop was something I wanted to do anyways.... especially with the limited life experience at my age... i just turned 21, lol.

So yah.... but it sure was interesting and "fun" to go through the initial phases and see what they make you do.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMUFF View Post
Wow, don't even get me started on this. It's great to take a break but you shouldn't you have a had a job by now? I think the best way to land that one job is at the career fair or recuiting day. Maybe the engineering school I went to was different/better but I had several job offers before finishing school. All I had to do was tell them a starting date. Maybe 1 month or maybe 3 months.... Sure you can work forever but those are the same people who rely on social security checks to pay for there double wide.

I wish I had finished school faster then 5 years. I think man I would/could have had that position or that pay!
Nobody knows about our school yet, 2nd graduating class this year. There were only a couple head hunters that came to us. Fewer than 25% of the people that I've talked to have jobs, most came from searching. A lot of the offers are from Alberta
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #18
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Beware Spam, cuz if you want better resulta, you need a Tutor!
Old 03-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #19
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I just grageeated the evelin woodhead sped reddin coarse

Old 03-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #20
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
OP is now in his 30's!
Old 05-16-2020, 04:01 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2