Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-25-2022, 09:42 PM   #561
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I haven't had time to put it together but here are the constraints. No PDR again this week. No ZL1/3LT or 2SS of any kind this week as well.

COUPE:
ZL1 & A1Z EXTREME TRACK PERFORMANCE PACKAGE 0
ZL1 WITHOUT A1Z EXTREME TRACK PERFORMANCE PKG. 0
UQT PERFORMANCE DATA AND VIDEO RECORDER 0
GSK WILD CHERRY TINTCOAT EXTERIOR 0
3LT/2SS COUPE 0
G9K SATIN STEEL METALLIC 0

CONVERTIBLE:
1SE CONVERTIBLE 0
GSK WILD CHERRY TINTCOAT EXTERIOR 0
3LT/2SS CONVERTIBLE 0
G9K SATIN STEEL METALLIC 0
What are the chances they're holding chips for model year 2023?
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 08:56 AM   #562
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
What I keep telling people is that they need to have something that the dealership wants as a trade-in so that they can put on their used car lot and mark up the bejesus out of it. Last I looked, my $41K trade in sold for about $48K.
Not necessarily agreeing with this... My trade in was 2011 Ford Fusion V6 135k miles, with some rust, chipped windshield, lowering springs, tiny oil leak and one cv boot cracked, running on winter tires. Was sold before we finished paperwork... It was sold with my coat in it...

BTW. Anybody local wants to buy 17in wheels with Conti ExtremeCont Sports?

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 09:29 AM   #563
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:

What I keep telling people is that they need to have something that the dealership wants as a trade-in so that they can put on their used car lot and mark up the bejesus out of it. Last I looked, my $41K trade in sold for about $48K. I figure the employee discount saved me about $6K so I was ok with the relatively lowball trade-in (especially since the transmission had been acting weird lately on my SS Sedan and since I paid about $39K for it back in 2016). Going in with some sort of leverage will definitely help.

As someone that has been doing this for 22 years, I can tell you that really has no bearing in todays automotive climate.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:12 AM   #564
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
Not necessarily agreeing with this... My trade in was 2011 Ford Fusion V6 135k miles, with some rust, chipped windshield, lowering springs, tiny oil leak and one cv boot cracked, running on winter tires. Was sold before we finished paperwork... It was sold with my coat in it...

BTW. Anybody local wants to buy 17in wheels with Conti ExtremeCont Sports?
I'm not sure how this is a disagreement. If someone was after your trade-in, then your dealer was ready to deal, correct? Were you able to find out how much your trade in sold for? I suspect that it sold for at least a few thousand more than you traded it in for, granted they probably claimed "wholesale" vs "retail".

Quote:
As someone that has been doing this for 22 years, I can tell you that really has no bearing in todays automotive climate.
So you're telling me that me telling my salesman that I could get $2K-$3K more for my SS Sedan from another dealership willing to just outright buy my car, when I asked him if he could sell me the Camaro at employee pricing if I agreed to trade my SS Sedan in to them, that has no bearing? How do you figure if it had bearing for me?

If you're saying that not many people have access to employee discount and have a vehicle that is in great condition and would make great for a used car, I agree with that. If you're saying that my trade-in had no bearing with me getting my employee discount and my order, how do you figure? There are a lot of people wanting to buy a new Camaro but do not appear to have something of value for trade. They aren't exactly having much movement on their orders are they?

What do you suspect the odds are that if you drove up with a C8 and wanted to deal, that the dealership would find a way to get an allocation? And no, I'm not saying that a Chevy SS Sedan is on par with the C8 (although one is no longer being produced), but dealerships are ultimately motivated by money and get creative if they figure they have to play "nice" by not gouging their customers. Maybe in the past it had no bearing, but we're living in strange times.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:21 AM   #565
Hitman84

Quote:
I'm not sure how this is a disagreement. If someone was after your trade-in, then your dealer was ready to deal, correct? Were you able to find out how much your trade in sold for? I suspect that it sold for at least a few thousand more than you traded it in for, granted they probably claimed "wholesale" vs "retail".

So you're telling me that me telling my salesman that I could get $2K-$3K more for my SS Sedan from another dealership willing to just outright buy my car, when I asked him if he could sell me the Camaro at employee pricing if I agreed to trade my SS Sedan in to them, that has no bearing? How do you figure if it had bearing for me?

If you're saying that not many people have access to employee discount and have a vehicle that is in great condition and would make great for a used car, I agree with that. If you're saying that my trade-in had no bearing with me getting my employee discount and my order, how do you figure? There are a lot of people wanting to buy a new Camaro but do not appear to have something of value for trade. They aren't exactly having much movement on their orders are they?

What do you suspect the odds are that if you drove up with a C8 and wanted to deal, that the dealership would find a way to get an allocation? And no, I'm not saying that a Chevy SS Sedan is on par with the C8 (although one is no longer being produced), but dealerships are ultimately motivated by money and get creative if they figure they have to play "nice" by not gouging their customers. Maybe in the past it had no bearing, but we're living in strange times.
Everything I've read and researched from here and other sites says dealers can't just "find an allocation."
They're either given one by GM or they're not.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:26 AM   #566
SSlow6

Drives: '11 BMW 328i, '22 2SS 1LE
Having a desirable trade in might help, but I’m getting GM Supplier pricing without a trade in. In my search for a dealer to honor supplier pricing, none of them said if I had a trade in they could add it. Talked with about 8 dealers in the Chicago area. Just my experience.

01/22/2022 - 1100
04/16/2022 - 6000
SSlow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:29 AM   #567
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
Everything I've read and researched from here and other sites says dealers can't just "find an allocation."
They're either given one by GM or they're not.

Correct, but the dealerships also have their regional guys that they can press. I'm sure it's not something that dealerships want known as then everyone will insist that their situation is unique and that channel will get flooded with requests. I also think that me putting in my request in December helped, as December is generally a slow month. I wouldn't say that there's an exact formula, but a lot of things have to happen, and that also included me checking to see what items were constrained and changing my order to reflect those constrained items. I was looking forward to getting the PDR, but when I saw the posts in here I asked my salesman to remove it.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:51 PM   #568
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Yeah. I read your post as "bring something desirable". Any old mainstream car is not desirable in my book.

As for what they sold it for - no idea, I went at their dealer website and it wasn't there. My car was 3k as trade in at KBB in fair condition, so I ask them to raise their 2.5 offer and they agreed to 3k. I am satisfied, because this car needed some love - economically unjustified love.

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 03:41 PM   #569
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
Yeah. I read your post as "bring something desirable". Any old mainstream car is not desirable in my book.

As for what they sold it for - no idea, I went at their dealer website and it wasn't there. My car was 3k as trade in at KBB in fair condition, so I ask them to raise their 2.5 offer and they agreed to 3k. I am satisfied, because this car needed some love - economically unjustified love.

You would be surprised at what people are looking at these days. I would bet that they sold it for $4k to some guy that was going to use it for Uber eats or some other delivery service. I saw a report about rental cars being in short supply, which seemed odd to me as just a few years ago people were singing the end of rental car companies courtesy of Uber and Lyft. I can't help wonder why the shortage, except that many rental car companies liquidated their assets before COVID hit.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:54 AM   #570
GearheadSS

This week's constraints.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2022, 08:17 AM   #571
GearheadSS

Quote:

What I'm saying is that everything you're posting is speculation based on your one time recent buying experience as a consumer. I live in this business every day and have experienced it every day for the last 22 years. I'm telling you that from the experience that I've compiled over the last 8k plus days in a car dealership, you are generally not correct in all of your theories that you've posted here.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:37 AM   #572
Hitman84

Quote:
This week's constraints.
looks like numbers increaded with the removal of heated seats.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:36 AM   #573
PowerDemon

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Golf GTI
When would we know whether or not the cars we ordered (before they said no heated/cooled seats) will be effected?
Old 03-31-2022, 10:41 AM   #574
Hitman84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDemon View Post
When would we know whether or not the cars we ordered (before they said no heated/cooled seats) will be effected?
anything built now and moving forward won't have them. Window stickers will have it listed as well.