#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #15
neenja_jenkins

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnew View Post
They said it would be at least 6 pieces to do the front bumper. They also said that Suntec would not stick to the splitter or the rocker panels, which I didn't understand as they are painted like everything else.
6 pieces seems like a lot, but who knows. I'll go check my bumper and report back. But again, these bumpers are complex.
The second part is horseshit. My splitters and the rockers are covered.
neenja_jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:50 PM   #16
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnew View Post
He told me that it only comes 18" wide. He must not want to buy a 72" roll.
Find another PPF installer. This one is a cheap bastard who will screw you.

The front bumper requires two pieces. There will be 1 seam on each side at the crow's feet corners of the headlights if done correctly. Front splitter 1 piece. Each headlight 1 piece. Brake duct inlets/DRL cowls 1 piece each.

PPF the windshield surround (1 big ass piece, a good pro will cut the headlights, door handle cups, mirrors etc. out of the center).

PPF the full front end - hood by removing the heat extractor & emblems (a pro will make a pattern first to replace the emblems properly). Tuck and wrap all the edges. Front quarters can be wrapped except at the bumper/fender joint. Removing the front bumper to do a true complete wrap will probably add $500 for labor.

PPF the doors and rockers at least up to the body line in the door. Mirrors all around.

PPF in front of and behind the rear wheels.

The grille and wheels should be detailed and coated with a hydrophic and ceramic coating.

A good installer can do a durable hydrophobic coating like Gtechniq EXO on the entire car.

I had mine done with all of the above (and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black Pro on the entire car) 33 months ago and it's still perfect. To reduce wheel dust, change out the brake pads for Powerstop Z26-1835 (front) & Z26-1053 (rear) for $150 all in @ Summit, et. al. I did the brakes myself.

If I were to do it again, I'd just PPF the entire car, keep the ceramic only for the grille and wheels, and just use EXO on top of the PPF on the entire car. The rump end on our cars collects a LOT of road grid and sand around here. Would probably cost me about $7k here but I'd never have to worry about a single swirl or lovebug splatter etch ever again.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote