Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-23-2016, 02:16 PM   #15
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
As posted in the other post. Its from the noise cancelling feature all newer gm's have. This is done through the factory subwoofer, so when you try adding an aftermarket sub and amp it causes this issue. Either disconnect the signal from the amplifier (in the thread posted) or disconnect one of your microphones.

It is not caused by a band ground or ground loop.

If you go on the Cadillac forums and the ATS, you can see that disconnecting one of your noise cancelling microphones fixes the problem. It is not for your phone, its to try and eliminate Engine noises such as the DI pump without requiring extra sound deadening which increases weight.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #16
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH. View Post
or maybe in very very rare case the resonant frequency of your exhaust at those times lines up with your subwoofer enclosure or subwoofer itself's resonant frequency, but in the case of resonant harmonics you would still hear it and see your speakers moving while the amp is turned off.

I also have a low frequency vibration/buzzing noise that I am trying to pin down that is coming from the rear deck of my 2SS, and I think what you are describing is the case. Here are the facts so far:

The car is almost 3 months old, and GM has replaced two speakers in the rear deck that were "blown", even though the stereo is 100% stock, and has not been turned up beyond about three quarters volume.

After these speakers were replaced, the low frequency noise persisted. It's a buzzing/resonating sound that is in the range of engine idle.

If you open a car door (either) without changing anything else, the noise will disappear until it closes. (speaks well for the fit of the doors, I guess)

The noise is not always present, and I cannot reliably make it happen.

When the noise IS present, powering off the stereo system does not silence it.

Sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions to help pin this down further?
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #17
Medic701

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Got them working, cut two wires works perfect
green/blk strip
blue/blk strip
on black harness plug
Medic701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #18
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
no

Quote:
If you have noise in your subs with the engine running you should find a different place to ground your amp, preferably as far away from any other ground wires as you can, but don't make your ground wire excessively long either. . You may also try using a ground loop isolator if you are tapping into speaker wires to get your rca outputs.
nothing to do with it.

its the exhaust nose..

its def present on 1ss models....
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #19
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
but

Quote:
Take what I'm saying with a little grain of salt. It has been 10 years since I did anything car stereo, but I was an mecp certified installer back in my day, and did place 3rd in my class at IASCA world finals in 2003 so I at least used to know wtf i'm talking about

Most ground loop noise is high frequency but I've heard rumbling noises too. This has to do with either ground loop or poorly shielded cabling, or maybe in very very rare case the resonant frequency of your exhaust at those times lines up with your subwoofer enclosure or subwoofer itself's resonant frequency, but in the case of resonant harmonics you would still hear it and see your speakers moving while the amp is turned off.

A couple things you could do to test where the noise is being introduced:

1. run your rca cables to an external source outside the car such as a boom box and make sure you are not running them over your power lines. Routing your signal and power wires together is the best way to introduce noise.

2. Change your ground location. Don't ground directly to the battery or to the battery ground point.

If your rca cables give you noise free sound from an external source it's probably your line converter connections, the converter itself, or the way you have the cables routed when its all together in the car.

The SS has no fake engine sounds piped through the speakers. It doesn't need to fake being a badass.
YOUR COMPLETELY wrong.....
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #20
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Does the V6 Bose system have ANC? Not sure if I have the speakers in the doors as well as the engine exhaust being brought inside the cabin. I do hear a booming noise when opening and closing the doors with my subs (assuming it's them turning on and off). Sometimes I hear a rattle/buzzing at low RPMS. Not sure if all this is related to ANC if I even have that. Would like to confirm before I unplug or maybe cut the cables (not positive which ones). Thanks!
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #21
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
I have the 2LT and only have one black plug with one wire in it. Disconnected it, blinker noise was gone, from what I could tell almost looked like less booming/buzzing noise, but it through a CEL.. that happening to you guys too?
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote