Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #1135
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
When you've got an exhaust and you're hearing loud drone then yes, that sounds like the engine is screaming. Plus by comparison, my SS (at that time I had it) would do those same speeds at 500 RPM less and no drone whatsoever. It was a big difference in both cars. The GT I could have a phone conversation if I was going over 55 MPH. The SS never had that problem. My 2V GT was even worse.
Ok , so what you meant to say was that your exhaust was louder than you cared for because the motor wasn’t screaming.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #1136
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
When you've got an exhaust and you're hearing loud drone then yes, that sounds like the engine is screaming. Plus by comparison, my SS (at that time I had it) would do those same speeds at 500 RPM less and no drone whatsoever. It was a big difference in both cars. The GT I could have a phone conversation if I was going over 55 MPH. The SS never had that problem. My 2V GT was even worse.
When I had flows on my 2V GT, 2400-to about 3200 if you were cruising was unbearable
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:59 PM   #1137
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Ok , so what you meant to say was that your exhaust was louder than you cared for because the motor wasn’t screaming.
What did I say? That is what I meant. I could drive my SS and the RPMs were right where I liked it to be. I'd drive my GT and at the same speeds the engine was spinning much faster. It was at the point where I was looking for another gear to downshift into. Maybe something was screwed up. I don't care if it was. All the more reason for me to get rid of it like I did. Now I don't know how to put it any simpler for you. But this makes the second time and last time. Move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
When I had flows on my 2V GT, 2400-to about 3200 if you were cruising was unbearable
Same here. If I ever get another GT I would hesitate to touch the exhaust. Maybe Solo or maybe I'd just spend some extra money and throw resonators on. But I'll def never go with a system that has any drone. My 15 GT at a certain RPM could give you a headache.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #1138
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Nothing is as bad, in my opinion, as the 5.7 Challenger autos..with some exhausts (Magnaflow, etc..the mid-cheap range) they'd drone so badly you'd almost want to rip your own fillings out just to make the pain stop.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #1139
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
i went through 4 different cat back setups and dynomat in my effort to stop drone on my mustang gt.

eventually landed on corsa and was happy. regreted not just spending the money for it to begin with.
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:23 PM   #1140
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
What did I say? That is what I meant. I could drive my SS and the RPMs were right where I liked it to be. I'd drive my GT and at the same speeds the engine was spinning much faster. It was at the point where I was looking for another gear to downshift into. Maybe something was screwed up. I don't care if it was. All the more reason for me to get rid of it like I did. Now I don't know how to put it any simpler for you. But this makes the second time and last time. Move on.

Same here. If I ever get another GT I would hesitate to touch the exhaust. Maybe Solo or maybe I'd just spend some extra money and throw resonators on. But I'll def never go with a system that has any drone. My 15 GT at a certain RPM could give you a headache.
there is a 250rpm difference between an 3.31 geared M6 GT and a M6 gen 5 SS. If your SS was an A6 it was a 50rpm diff...You don't know what you're talking about. You didn't like the way the GT engine sounded with whatever garbage exhaust you put on it fine, but engine speed was a non-factor. Now I'll move on.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #1141
Wild One

Drives: 13ZL1
Quote:
there is a 250rpm difference between an 3.31 geared M6 GT and a M6 gen 5 SS. If your SS was an A6 it was a 50rpm diff...You don't know what you're talking about. You didn't like the way the GT engine sounded with whatever garbage exhaust you put on it fine, but engine speed was a non-factor. Now I'll move on.
Promise?
Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #1142
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Now I'll move on.
Cool story. If it'll shut you up then that's all I have to say. Going on vacation in a few hours so I don't really care to reply to you anyway. It'll just be a waste of time.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:03 PM   #1143
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
i went through 4 different cat back setups and dynomat in my effort to stop drone on my mustang gt.

eventually landed on corsa and was happy. regreted not just spending the money for it to begin with.
That's the problem. Corsa is over $1K. No exhaust is worth that kind of money to me. I would have left it bone stock before spending that kind of money on a catback. And I got my entire Camaro exhaust from headers to tips for the same amount of money I would have spent on the Corsa catback alone. And my SS had virtually no drone at all. I took a chick I was dating for a ride in the GT one night and the drone was soo bad that we had to go back and switch cars after 2 minutes up the road. We couldn't even have a conversation. And it wasn't any one particular exhaust. Several exhaust setups for the S550 GT had the same horrible drone. Even the expensive ones.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:37 AM   #1144
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Now I'll move on.
No don't go! Who will these guys gang up on if you go? The thread will die.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #1145
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

That is how I felt with the Flows on the 04. It was brutal, then me being the genius I am got a new mid pipe to go with it and that made it about 50X worse lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post

Went similar route with my 04. First I had flows, then Flows + MRT H and then I couldn't stand the drone and the Flowmaster system was rusting out because it wasn't stainless steel. Switched to Borla S types and it was perfect.

Quote:
That's the problem. Corsa is over $1K. No exhaust is worth that kind of money to me. I would have left it bone stock before spending that kind of money on a catback. And I got my entire Camaro exhaust from headers to tips for the same amount of money I would have spent on the Corsa catback alone. And my SS had virtually no drone at all. I took a chick I was dating for a ride in the GT one night and the drone was soo bad that we had to go back and switch cars after 2 minutes up the road. We couldn't even have a conversation. And it wasn't any one particular exhaust. Several exhaust setups for the S550 GT had the same horrible drone. Even the expensive ones.
Yeah I don't know if I could spend that kind of money on 1 part of the exhaust. When I did put the S types on the 04, I think at the time I they were around 600 or so but that was 12 years ago. I do remember they were pricey
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #1146
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I had Roush Axle back on my 2013 GT and had no issues with drone.. Buddy has a 2015 GT with Borla Atak catback and no issues either.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:32 AM   #1147
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
No worries...I'll keep this thread going.

Blah blah blah

Camaro is fast!

Yeah but Mustang is now faster.

Nuh uh! No way. Can't be possible?

Uhhh...yes sir...just look at the new model. Heck...with a bit of fairy dust, it runs faster than a ZL1 in the 2 mile drag.

OK...so it might be fast, but so far every car has been driven by a ringer driver. Lets see what they do in the real world. Everyone knows there is no such thing as a faster Mustang than the new Camaro SS.

Nu Uh! Camaro sucks!

Mustang sucks!

My dad can beat your dad!

You take that back!!! My dad could easily outrun your dad in the 1/4 mile!

Not without performance enhancers! No Way!!
Old 05-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #1148
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
No worries...I'll keep this thread going.

Blah blah blah

Camaro is fast!

Yeah but Mustang is now faster.

Nuh uh! No way. Can't be possible?

Uhhh...yes sir...just look at the new model. Heck...with a bit of fairy dust, it runs faster than a ZL1 in the 2 mile drag.

OK...so it might be fast, but so far every car has been driven by a ringer driver. Lets see what they do in the real world. Everyone knows there is no such thing as a faster Mustang than the new Camaro SS.

Nu Uh! Camaro sucks!

Mustang sucks!

My dad can beat your dad!

You take that back!!! My dad could easily outrun your dad in the 1/4 mile!

Not without performance enhancers! No Way!!
Do track shoes count as remaining stock or should this dad race be barefoot? I'm thinking barefoot.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote