Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #29
Norris Camaro

Drives: Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
Just an FYI but, it's more like 60lbs if I remember right.

You'll need to replace the roof panel. You'll have to remove the front and rear glass to do this. Which means you'll probably have to replace them as well. Remove the center beam that goes from the C piler to the A piler. Paint the new panel. New headliner. You'll also lose the the reverse tomahawk design off the none sunroof cars. It will be pretty involved to say the least but it can be done if you desire.
Good info to know thanks brother.
Norris Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #30
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
I had a 1986 Trans Am and then a 2002 Camaro with T-tops. I daily drove them, in the summer I could go a few days with never putting the panels back on, Going from the garage to work and back. I have a sunroof now for my SS but its not the same as the T-tops. So much air would come in, it was great.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #31
Mark_Z28

Drives: Black 2015 Z28 #457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Camaro View Post
Anybody missing t tops or sunroof on their Z ?

I remember back on the 80s you could add a sunroof.
I'd love for more people to try it...

...and only because it would mean that the value of mine would go up
Mark_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #32
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Quote:
I just might do it cause I'm not so anal like some of you guys. No big deal to have an extra 5-10 pounds added to my roof. Pics gonna make ya'll really jealous especially when I do it up right
Not worth saying you might. Put your money where your key board is and show us anal Z/28 owners how its done.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #33
aris

Drives: Z/28
Quote:
Just an FYI but, it's more like 60lbs if I remember right.

You'll need to replace the roof panel. You'll have to remove the front and rear glass to do this. Which means you'll probably have to replace them as well. Remove the center beam that goes from the C piler to the A piler. Paint the new panel. New headliner. You'll also lose the the reverse tomahawk design off the none sunroof cars. It will be pretty involved to say the least but it can be done if you desire.
Would you guys be able to supply someone who wanted to do this with the parts necessary or maybe an estimate?
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #34
Norris Camaro

T-Tops Camaro Z/28 would be amazing. If only that options was available but it's still an amazing vehicle.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:50 AM   #35
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Quote:
No. Why would you ask such a silly question?
Did i just read your comment correctly. Lmao
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:43 AM   #36
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
T-tops today don't leak and sunroofs offer a free open feeling when cruising. Sadly GM engineers did not add the option. Regrettable and unfortunate.
LOL It is all but impossible to get T-tops to pass current roof crush and side impact (pole) standards. It would add so much weight the Gen6 would be closer to the Gen5.

Has nothing to do with being regrettable or unfortunate. Just nearly impossible.

Note: no one offers t-tops today.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #37
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by aris View Post
Would you guys be able to supply someone who wanted to do this with the parts necessary or maybe an estimate?
Aris don't tell me your actually thinking g about this...... we were under the impression mion you were more of a track guy?!?!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #38
aris

Drives: Z/28
Quote:
Aris don't tell me your actually thinking g about this...... we were under the impression mion you were more of a track guy?!?!
lol - definitely not for me. I'm just trying to help make this happen for our boy, Norris. Dying to see what the forums do when they see that happen for real.
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #39
Zslash28
Jumanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris View Post
lol - definitely not for me. I'm just trying to help make this happen for our boy, Norris. Dying to see what the forums do when they see that happen for real.
Personally, its his car if he has one. There are plenty of modified Z/28s that dwarf anyone doing a sunroof or T Top mod. Cars being ripped apart and built into track monsters. Hell, there is a 'Vert Z/28 (if you go by its VIN). But to come on here and say the engineers got it wrong, and say "I might just have to show you all" is cheap internet pot stirring.

One thing I think we have forgot is that as the Z/28 comes down in price, guys that want the Z/28 name will get into the car. And unconventional mods that are not track or performance oriented and going to happen. I invite it, as itll segment the future market for these cars. Plus, ill save the pics and info for the registry data base.

Last edited by Zslash28; 01-13-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #40
Norris Camaro

I don't believe for one South Carolina hillbilly second second that if Chevy was able to implement a carbon fiber state of the art 8-10 Sunroof, you grease monkeys wouldn't jump all over that ?

Puleeeeeeze
Old 01-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #41
Zslash28
Jumanji

Quote:
I don't believe for one South Carolina hillbilly second second that if Chevy was able to implement a carbon fiber state of the art 8-10 Sunroof, you grease monkeys wouldn't jump all over that ?

Puleeeeeeze
so, you gonna post to the owners thread or not? You've had plenty of hillbilly days to get'er done. There is already a carbon fiber roof offered by Anderson composites, sun roof and flat roof. Feel free to do the swap and post pics for everyone.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #42
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote