Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #43
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
Mine has been awesome aside from 3 things.
#1 - Haven't heard about that one yet.

#2 - Common issue seen by most, almost certainly a software issue since it only happens at certain RPM/Throttle combos.

#3 - Did you have your fluid level checked? High fluid is a known cause of track #3, and might be associated with #1 as well.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #44
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
Mine has been awesome aside from 3 things.

Number 1 is very rough up shifts from 4th to 5th. This only seems to happen when using the paddles with partial throttle. And it only happens about 20-25% of the time under these specific circumstances. When it does happen it feels like your foot slipped off the clutch. Anyone else have this?

Number 2 is very rough downshifts from 4th to 3rd again only happens when using the paddles and only about 25% of the time. It feels like there was no rev match and a poorly executed downshift. I've heard of the 3rd-4th issue anyone else with this same 4th to 3rd problem occasionally?

Number 3 won't effect you on the street and other people on here may disagree but I think there is a reason the 10 speed was not offered with the 1LE package. Mine will overheat on track after about 26 min of hard driving about 75% of the time. This will obviously depend on several factors, how fast you are, ambient temps, and track layout.

Overall if you're not a track rat and you like shifting (even without a clutch) this is the trans for you. The effortless downshift to first at every stoplight will make you giggle. The way the car goes through the first 4 gears from a stop will take your breath away. To me the tall gearing of the 6 speed especially in 2nd makes it difficult to enjoy on the street at reasonably safe speeds. This is coming from someone who totally intended on going with the manual before I had driven both. If it's your only sports car and you love manuals then that might make more sense. I think the resale value for at least the next 10 years will be better with the 10 speed but that will probably change at some point. Also it is not comparable to GM's 8 speed it's completely superior to that trans in every way possible!
I experience number 2 as well. The only thing I can add is that it's significantly reduced after the transmission is completely warmed up. I would not even bother going manual mode unless the transmission temp is 200. That is my experience at least.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote