Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 12-28-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
zl1_fan

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 (A10, crush)
Paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating - wow!

Just got my 2020 zl1 back from the detail shop. Paint correction, front end PPF and Quartz ceramic coating. Here are a few pics.
Extremely happy with the results, an amazing transformation from when I dropped it off.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #2
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Yep I did the same but ppf the entire car cause it’s black. Beautiful car you have there.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:35 PM   #3
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Looks great!! Nice ride!

I had mine done: paint correction, System X Diamond Ceramic coated everything, wheels, calipers, Interior done with System X Interior Ceramic
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Looks sharp How much did everything run you? What shop did the work?
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:07 PM   #5
zl1_fan

Thanks guys.

Xtreme Auto Details in Sterling Virginia performed the work. Highly recommended.

Paint correction, front end PPF, ceramic coating all cost about $3050. Prices, like everywhere else, are escalated but I've used them in the past so I received some discounts.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:22 PM   #6
zl1_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
Looks great!! Nice ride!

I had mine done: paint correction, System X Diamond Ceramic coated everything, wheels, calipers, Interior done with System X Interior Ceramic
Roughly two weeks from now, when I get it dirty enough, I will go back for a free wash and inspection. They will show me how to properly wash the car and maintain the finish.

Is the ceramic finish hard to maintain? Is it possible to keep this "fresh out of the shop" look?
Old 12-28-2020, 10:34 PM   #7
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_fan View Post
Roughly two weeks from now, when I get it dirty enough, I will go back for a free wash and inspection. They will show me how to properly wash the car and maintain the finish.

Is the ceramic finish hard to maintain? Is it possible to keep this "fresh out of the shop" look?
No it is not hard to maintain. I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew Cab which is also black, and that is my daily and I drive it all year round here in Michigan. I had that ceramic coated along with the wheels and still looks great.

My 2018 ZL1 is not my daily and is garage kept so that is not hard to maintain.
I have some System X Renew Ceramic Spray for the ZL1. I use that along with some good microfiber towels and good to go.
My truck, I just rinse and then wipe down with Ceramic Shield.

Here is my thread with pic's and a walk around vid
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584459

My shop that I use also tinted all my windows, side marker lights, tail lights, third brake light and reflectors on the rear valance
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:52 AM   #8
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_fan View Post
Thanks guys.

Xtreme Auto Details in Sterling Virginia performed the work. Highly recommended.

Paint correction, front end PPF, ceramic coating all cost about $3050. Prices, like everywhere else, are escalated but I've used them in the past so I received some discounts.
Looks great! And the price for everything wasnt to bad either. The areas in front and behind the rear wheels are paint chip magnets. Ask the shop if they can cover them.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:18 AM   #9
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Wow! That looks fantastic! That paint color just ‘pops’! My top three colors in the ZL1 are Garnet Red, Hyper Blue Metallic and Orange Crush. I have not seen Wild Cherry in person yet so I will reserve my opinion on that color, but expect it will also be amazing to see.

You got a good deal on the PPF, paint correction & ceramic coating. You, like me, are unfortunately paying the Northern Virginia ‘price adjustment’.. everything up here seems to cost more. I had my ZLE done at Patriot Auto Detailing in Springfield VA and paid a similar price. Worth every penny IMO though. So easy to clean and maintain that amazing liquid, glossy wet, look to the paint.
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:31 AM   #10
zl1_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Looks great! And the price for everything wasnt to bad either. The areas in front and behind the rear wheels are paint chip magnets. Ask the shop if they can cover them.
Yeah, I have the ACS mud guards in the front and rear (they're awesome, see pics). However that does not help the area in front of the rear wheels. Might be too late to apply xpel to that area behind the door/in front of the rear tire since ceramic has already been applied? If not, I might just try to apply the xpel myself, would love to learn the technique.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:46 AM   #11
Maro_89

Drives: High HP V8
Very nice, is the price $3,050 for what you paid? I thought ceramic coating, paint correction, etc. would usually range from a few hundred to upwards of 1500 depending on what options you choose?
Maro_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:51 AM   #12
zl1_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak-Toy View Post
Wow! That looks fantastic! That paint color just ‘pops’! My top three colors in the ZL1 are Garnet Red, Hyper Blue Metallic and Orange Crush. I have not seen Wild Cherry in person yet so I will reserve my opinion on that color, but expect it will also be amazing to see.

You got a good deal on the PPF, paint correction & ceramic coating. You, like me, are unfortunately paying the Northern Virginia ‘price adjustment’.. everything up here seems to cost more. I had my ZLE done at Patriot Auto Detailing in Springfield VA and paid a similar price. Worth every penny IMO though. So easy to clean and maintain that amazing liquid, glossy wet, look to the paint.
Thanks! I personally wanted a color that would stand out a bit more than the "usual". Although there really isn't a color I don't like, they're all great on this vehicle!

Yeah, northern VA is expensive! I priced it out a year ago, too bad I didn't do it then, I would have saved about $300.

I don't see too many ZL1's around town, know of any events/clubs in the area? Would love to get together with some other ZL1 owners and check out their rides. Check out Virginia Camaro Club on facebook.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:12 AM   #13
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Wow! Looks great!
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #14
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Yep I did the same but ppf the entire car cause it’s black. Beautiful car you have there.
My car is black as well and I wish I would have ppf'd the entire car.

I've got about 2/3 of it ppf'd. This includes the entire front-end, mirrors, lower quarter of the doors, front-rear quarter panel (just past the door), and the entire rear bumper.

I added the rear bumper ppf after my first summer with the car. I beat the heck out of the paint on the rear end wiping off road debris at car shows.

I highly recommend getting the rear bumper covered if you have a dark paint color.