Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 05-01-2022, 07:54 PM   #323
Mich2112

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Looks like a sedan to me.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:42 PM   #324
Wynotme

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 3LT V6
I love my V6 Camaro and I hope that there is a Camaro EV coupe and convertible. I would buy one. The Camaro would differentiate itself by having iconic styling, outstanding ride, handling and acceleration. Chevy should have the option to make it sound like a V8, V6 or silent depending on drive modes.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:40 PM   #325
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynotme View Post
I love my V6 Camaro and I hope that there is a Camaro EV coupe and convertible. I would buy one. The Camaro would differentiate itself by having iconic styling, outstanding ride, handling and acceleration. Chevy should have the option to make it sound like a V8, V6 or silent depending on drive modes.
That's sort of like Journey when they brought in that mimic from the Philippines to pretend to be Steve Perry. Good kareoke, but kareoke just the same.

You can't electronically imitate the sound and feel of a V8 muscle car. You might be able to create a nostalgic feeling for what the real experience was like, but that's about it.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:15 PM   #326
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
The way I see it, we usually get the hand-me-downs from the Corvette. Has anyone seen the recent teaser?

AWD and Electric

Now we won't get the exact same thing but they're stepping in the direction as they said they would years back. All up to GM on what they'll do but my personal opinion is some type of Camaro-esque car will be offered in EV form (Coupe 2+2 seating)

The description in the video says a Z06, electrified, and fully electric Corvette will be available 'as early as next year'

I doubt we'll get any middle ground, I probably see us swapping directly to electric rather than the middle ground Corvette is getting.
Happiness: Infinite

Old 05-01-2022, 11:30 PM   #327
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I actually lined up at a stoplight next to a V8 Challenger (had the SRT badge on the spoiler) the other day and had him by about 1/2 a car length to about 50. I didn't keep my foot into it as the speed limit was 45 and I was perfectly ok with trolling him to that speed knowing that he'd easily pull after about that speed. He really must've hated that I was able to keep up with him in my NISSAN LEAF up to that point because he felt he had to take it to near triple digits to the next light.

Point being that electric is the future. Sure the gas and oil companies have done all they can to try and convince us that it's not, and some people are still trying to fight a fight that's already been lost, but numbers don't lie. Having access to instant torque off the line, how is an ICE powered car supposed to compete? And this is coming from someone that has an LT4. I love my Camaro, and the driving experience that I get from it, but I know that it can't compete with many EVs out there. I'd rather Chevy knock it out of the park in the EV realm rather than linger behind everyone else in an attempt to keep the ICE alive. I'm sure some of the guys a little older than me can remind us of how it went when people were screaming that fuel injection would never replace a good ole carburetor.

I don't care how GM gets across the finish line first, whether it's ICE technology, EV technology, or unicorn fart dust. I just want them to make it across that finish line first.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:55 AM   #328
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
that America is not part of the "new model"

Oh it still will be and I am greatly looking forward to those who think it isn't finding out the hard way. I already have plans to keep my ICE vehicles up and running for long road trips for decades to come. The next point is good luck with an EV towing for people that hook up campers etc. There are a decent amount of people that go long distance with a trailer/Camper on trips and after watching third party tests of an EV vs a gas or diesel towing it is not even close to either one in range and the diesel exhaust brake is still king for slowing down on grades.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:01 AM   #329
wavsine
________/\_

Drives: Gen6 NGM RS
Send a message via Yahoo to wavsine
If it doesn't leak oil in the driveway, I don't want it. You can keep Tesla and other EV crap. It's so stupid to be electrifying huge, heavy cars. EV is a good fit for golf carts, not pickup trucks and muscle cars.

Don't forget you will have to install a dedicated 220 volt charger in your garage if you want to charge quickly. Then your lovely new Tesla will burn your house down when the batteries experience thermal runaway.

General Motors is asking owners of the Chevy Bolt EV or Bolt EUV to park 50 feet away from other vehicles when they are in a parking garage due to fire risks.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:07 AM   #330
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
im good with people being afraid to park closer than 50 feet from my new EV camaro,at least i wont need to worry about door dings...but seriously,if they went electric the styling could be very radical.no grille,wouldnt need to place the wheels as far from front and rear.the designers could have a clean sheet of paper to start with.could actually give us a big back seat and usable trunk area.my wifes tiny civic coupe can carry us,3 grandkids,and a bunch of vacation stuff in it and get 40 mpg on the highway.come up with a great restyle,practicality,and price it affordably and GM would have a winner...but NO four doors.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:33 AM   #331
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
If it doesn't leak oil in the driveway, I don't want it. You can keep Tesla and other EV crap. It's so stupid to be electrifying huge, heavy cars. EV is a good fit for golf carts, not pickup trucks and muscle cars.

Don't forget you will have to install a dedicated 220 volt charger in your garage if you want to charge quickly. Then your lovely new Tesla will burn your house down when the batteries experience thermal runaway.
My Model 3 hasn't burned down my place yet.....

Neither has my phone, laptop, etc.

The cylindrical cells Tesla's use are less susceptible to thermal runway compared to the pouch design that other manufactures are using.

But I do await you posting events of Tesla's burning to the ground because nothing like FUD in the morning to push an agenda..... Cause if you're going to use GM telling owners to not charge their Bolts as proof EV's are dangerous, should I post the recall Hyundai had to issue due to their engines wanting to catch fire and burn the vehicle to the ground?
Old 05-02-2022, 09:41 AM   #332
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
I would have to install subwoofers into the EV camaro, just so I can play a 10 hour audio clip of the V8 Sound, then mess with Lamborghini's.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
Old 05-02-2022, 09:53 AM   #333
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
I think it would be hilarious to have the KITT sound effect. For all I know they used a recording of a vacuum cleaner but I thought it sounded cool back in the day.

I guess my hangup would how much I enjoy telling people my car has a 6.2L since that's more displacemt than most pickups have.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:59 AM   #334
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
My Model 3 hasn't burned down my place yet.....

Neither has my phone, laptop, etc.

The cylindrical cells Tesla's use are less susceptible to thermal runway compared to the pouch design that other manufactures are using.

But I do await you posting events of Tesla's burning to the ground because nothing like FUD in the morning to push an agenda..... Cause if you're going to use GM telling owners to not charge their Bolts as proof EV's are dangerous, should I post the recall Hyundai had to issue due to their engines wanting to catch fire and burn the vehicle to the ground?

Lol, that's what's comical about some of these derpy posts..."yer batterayz gunna blew up"...<champions small controlled explosions>
Old 05-02-2022, 10:19 AM   #335
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
I would have to install subwoofers into the EV camaro, just so I can play a 10 hour audio clip of the V8 Sound, then mess with Lamborghini's.
Pretty sure there's an app that can use something plugged into the diagnostics port and play engine noise based on throttle position. Probably a better application. The app I looked at once had a few different sounds; V8, Harley, Formula one...

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 05-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #336
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Lol, that's what's comical about some of these derpy posts..."yer batterayz gunna blew up"...<champions small controlled explosions>
There are plenty of reasons why an EV may not be practical right now for people.

But the fear mongering of them catching on fire is just insane..... Yes they do happen, but they happen to ICE vehicles as well. For every example of a Tesla catching fire, there are plenty of ICE vehicles to counter with. The only difference is only one catches the eye of the media to give attention to......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Pretty sure there's an app that can use something plugged into the diagnostics port and play engine noise based on throttle position. Probably a better application. The app I looked at once had a few different sounds; V8, Harley, Formula one...
Tesla's had this ability through the boombox feature. But NHTSA cried foul and made Tesla disable it when the vehicle is in motion. :(

Closed Thread