Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 10-15-2015, 05:52 AM   #337
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I guess he's right.

The Z/28 doesn't make near the power of a 2013 GT500....

Lousy ankle-biting version of a car.

...or maybe......a cars purpose isn't strictly about peak power... instead the powerband and over all dynamics of the suspension makes a car cast.....nah...
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:49 AM   #338
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I guess he's right.

The Z/28 doesn't make near the power of a 2013 GT500....

Lousy ankle-biting version of a car.

...or maybe......a cars purpose isn't strictly about peak power... instead the powerband and over all dynamics of the suspension makes a car cast.....nah...
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #339
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Don't be too quick to count those jellybeans. This car can move fast, very fast... and it has fantastic handling, balance, grip and balls to the walls braking. I was able to track it albeit limited laps at Sebring and I know it's faster than a Z51 Stingray and can hang par on par with a GT3. It feels a thousand pounds lighter on the track... the turn in is amazing. This car is beyond a 2SS Camaro. This is Z/28 level and beyond.
Agree to some extent, but this car is not hitting the open market for another year and is considerably under powered to the V8's GM is putting on the road by then. With some tuning, the turbo 4 will even out perform the GT350, which is scary. The '16 R has earned respect to enter the ballpark of older model Z/28 / 911 territory for sure, but even their "prototype" models have been found lacking at the pro level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Well, we know who has no racing experience whatsoever
I don't know you and you have absolutely no clue of my training and experience. If you need some professional statistic, Stevenson smoked the R's this year with their Z/28's de-tuned and effectively running in limp mode. Try performing some of your own basic research and offer a useful counter opinion before attacking me.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #340
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
You're going to be staying high in the rpm's while on a road course, in that regard the 5.2L has a good power band, not to mention it's still making great power all the way to its 8,250 red line.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #341
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Agree to some extent, but this car is not hitting the open market for another year and is considerably under powered to the V8's GM is putting on the road by then. With some tuning, the turbo 4 will even out perform the GT350, which is scary. The '16 R has earned respect to enter the ballpark of older model Z/28 / 911 territory for sure, but even their "prototype" models have been found lacking at the pro level.
Open market in another year? So many have been presold already it's literally sold out and the first batch got the OKTB from Flat Rock last week therefore 100 of the '15 GT350 models and some of the early '16 models will be delivered soon in 30 days or less. I know, I have one coming...

Both the GT350 and the R are beasts on the track... I track my C7 Z06 extensively and I know already that the GT350's performance is clearly way up there. It may not have the gobs of power the LT4 emits but I can say that when the LT4 at 280° Oil forces my C7 into limp mode, this FPC just keeps chuggin along at a stable 250° Oil temps. Again, the balance, handling and braking of the new Shelby is no joke. AND I have already driven it on the track so I again I know from first hand experience... plus so has the Chief Instructor from Chin Motorsports as well as two ex-race car drivers I was able to hotlap with (very fast) on Sebring. The common denominator from all 3 were simply 'omg speechless'... Ford has definitely raised the performance bar.

Anyway, first you stated a 2SS M6... now you're going into "modded" turbo-4's... then into future GM products, etc. etc. Sure ain't apples-to-apples anymore, it's actually out-of-context. Anyhow I'm no Ford koolaid waterboy so this isn't coming from a biased opinion but I can admit to give props when it's clearly legit. One of the reasons on why I wanted this bad boy. Same principle on when I wanted my previous Camaro and then the C7. I give credit where credit is due.

Plus we'll see when the road test and track test reviews come out... I don't expect this to be a 1/4 mile slayer but I do expect it to produce fast track times. Same principle as the Z/28 when it was revealed. I'm sure as a response GM will try to step up again for their next iteration and then Ford will do so again afterwards... it's the performance circle of life. Gotta love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
You're going to be staying high in the rpm's while on a road course, in that regard the 5.2L has a good power band, not to mention it's still making great power all the way to its 8,250 red line.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #342
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

I don't know you and you have absolutely no clue of my training and experience. If you need some professional statistic, Stevenson smoked the R's this year with their Z/28's de-tuned and effectively running in limp mode. Try performing some of your own basic research and offer a useful counter opinion before attacking me.

What N/A V-8 is it underpowered compared to? The LT-1 has 460HP the Voodoo has 526.

And as Stingray said, the car will be in owners hands in a month or two.

What turbo 4 is going to outperform the GT350?
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #343
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Open market in another year? So many have been presold already it's literally sold out and the first batch got the OKTB from Flat Rock last week therefore 100 of the '15 GT350 models and some of the early '16 models will be delivered soon in 30 days or less. I know, I have one coming...

Was unaware they were shipping already and missed it. Looking forward to the competition they can finally bring to the table.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #344
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:

Was unaware they were shipping already and missed it. Looking forward to the competition they can finally bring to the table.

My C7 Z06 will still have faster lap times but the new Shelby can finally take "real" left and right turns... at a swift pace.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #345
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:

My C7 Z06 will still have faster lap times but the new Shelby can finally take "real" left and right turns... at a swift pace.
For the first three laps until it over heats and goes into limp mode.

Just kidding...sort of....
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:26 PM   #346
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
For the first three laps until it over heats and goes into limp mode.

Just kidding...sort of....
I actually agree... but not 3 laps. I went into limp mode a few weeks ago after my Oil temp hit 280° due to continuous fast laps (8-9 I think) so I pitted/cooled and then all fine again for my remaining session. With the new GT350, less worries about that metric.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #347
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:

Your training? Please, do tell. Which N/A GM V8 makes the Vodoo seem underpowered? I don't need to do, "basic research" I know what a good powerband for the track looks like and this is one. Nearly 5,000rpm-wide linear power delivery at high rpm. Your comment about peak torque and powerband just reveals your inexperience. Ferrari and Porsche must make terrible track cars if it's all about peak torque . The type of racing you're talking about is heavily reliant on the regulating body balancing the cars properly, and these regulations tend to change frequently in an attempt to do so, so your point is pretty irrelevant.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #348
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Use google guys and stop arguing! Can't we all just get along?!

Naaa j/k its funny reading this junk. Lol
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #349
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Use google guys and stop arguing! Can't we all just get along?!

Naaa j/k its funny reading this junk. Lol

Right? So much fun when Ferarambo owners come to our Camaro forum to discuss how track capable they think their son's future Ford model is trying to competing against a 5 year old Camaro.

Complete reviews on the 6th gen are out finally, this fabled GT350 just got schooled and has been found lacking, yet again.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #350
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Did you guys hear, the GT350 put down 467 RWHP / 374 RWTQ stock?
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)

Last edited by Grabber; 10-16-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote