Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-25-2021, 10:49 PM   #1
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Soler throttle controller

I removed my TC because I installed the JMS PowerMax, and it plugs in where the TC plugs in. I’ll take $65 shipped for it (CONUS only). It works great and I wouldn’t get rid of it except for using the PowerMax. It comes with the original installation instructions and the original box.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
The TC is a pass through design though. I actually have my Powermax hooked up in series with my Soler TC on the accelerator pedal. I tested my output to the JMS to ensure that if I changed TC settings it was getting the correct voltage to the JMS unit. It indeed makes a large difference jumping between OE settings and say Sport mode. After getting tuned though I will admit I don't use the controller nearly as much. I leave it in OE most of the time as sport gets a little squirrelly on my JRE 125 setup.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
CW3SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
The TC is a pass through design though. I actually have my Powermax hooked up in series with my Soler TC on the accelerator pedal. I tested my output to the JMS to ensure that if I changed TC settings it was getting the correct voltage to the JMS unit. It indeed makes a large difference jumping between OE settings and say Sport mode. After getting tuned though I will admit I don't use the controller nearly as much. I leave it in OE most of the time as sport gets a little squirrelly on my JRE 125 setup.
Interesting. I got a MIL and TPS error codes when I tried using both TC and JMS Booster. So I just removed it.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
Old 01-26-2021, 12:03 PM   #4
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Interesting. I got a MIL and TPS error codes when I tried using both TC and JMS Booster. So I just removed it.
Then I don't blame ya. I'd have done the same thing. Wonder if they were hooked up out of order and that ticked things off? Mine is pedal, throttle controller, JMS. This way if the throttle controller is set to OEM it's like it isn't there, but if I switch it to sport the voltage increase is getting sent to the JMS so it knows that the party is getting started. The other way around you'd be sending a stock output signal to the JMS/fpdm from the pedal output, but then also increasing the voltage signal to the computer which would likely cause an unhappy condition.

Either way, you won't miss it with a tuned higher power setup.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating

Last edited by ZLE dude; 01-26-2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-26-2021, 12:20 PM   #5
CW3SF

Quote:
Then I don't blame ya. I'd have done the same thing. Wonder if they were hooked up out of order and that ticked things off? Mine is pedal, throttle controller, JMS. This way if the throttle controller is set to OEM it's like it isn't there, but if I switch it to sport the voltage increase is getting sent to the JMS so it knows that the party is getting started. The other way around you'd be sending a stock output signal to the JMS/fpdm from the pedal output, but then also increasing the voltage signal to the computer which would likely cause an unhappy condition.

Either way, you won't miss it with a tuned higher power setup.
I tried it the same way you have it.....pedal, TC, JMS. I don’t think I’ll miss it too much once my flex tune is complete (working on now). Thx for the info.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:27 PM   #6
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I tried it the same way you have it.....pedal, TC, JMS. I don’t think I’ll miss it too much once my flex tune is complete (working on now). Thx for the info.
Ah yeah, just read your sig....Only difference is I'm catless. You're going to love that car with E60 in it. That setup made a world of difference on my car and Ted was great to deal with. Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2021, 12:57 PM   #7
CW3SF

Quote:
Ah yeah, just read your sig....Only difference is I'm catless. You're going to love that car with E60 in it. That setup made a world of difference on my car and Ted was great to deal with. Enjoy!
I have PLPs and no secondaries. I’m excited to see what kind of gains I get. I make a little less boost at altitude (Denver) so I won’t make quite what sea level cars make but it should still be a huge improvement.