Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #15
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
1st gear is useless on any 20 inch tire. Once you install, look for a set of 17s with either some nice dot wheels or go full rtard and get track slicks.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #16
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
1st gear is useless on any 20 inch tire. Once you install, look for a set of 17s with either some nice dot wheels or go full rtard and get track slicks.
I must agree. It has made me a much more courteous driver. I cant dart in and out of the lanes when I know that if I go over 50% throttle the car will down shift and then all hell breaks loose. So now I just cruse at the speed limit like a grandma.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:07 PM   #17
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Well if a Procharger encourages driving like a grandma, then I'm out...

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #18
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
Well if a Procharger encourages driving like a grandma, then I'm out...
Ha. It's up to you, you start pushing the 800+ horse power range, breaking the tires loose at 70 mph you'll dial it back too. Or maybe not. Turbo, supercharger, nitrous, combo of them all at a cretin power level you've gotta be smart enough to know when you can beat on the car. But I guess that's why the high way has barricades.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #19
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
I must agree. It has made me a much more courteous driver. I cant dart in and out of the lanes when I know that if I go over 50% throttle the car will down shift and then all hell breaks loose. So now I just cruse at the speed limit like a grandma.
Agreed!. That is definitely one of the con's of the auto IMHO. Maybe try the paddles in that situation so you can force it to the gear you want.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:05 PM   #20
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

You Procharger owners. Got a part throttle question. Can you smoothly go part throttle from 2500 rpm to 5500 rpm without bucking? Say you were in the wet or slightly damp road and wanting to go quickly but not WOT to spin off the road. But say build only 2 psi instead of 7 or 8 psi. Is the throttle mapping good enough to let you do it. My 2016 procharged mustang had a hard time doing this and would buck and not run smooth.. just like a wild horse. Lol

Old 09-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
You Procharger owners. Got a part throttle question. Can you smoothly go part throttle from 2500 rpm to 5500 rpm without bucking? Say you were in the wet or slightly damp road and wanting to go quickly but not WOT to spin off the road. But say build only 2 psi instead of 7 or 8 psi. Is the throttle mapping good enough to let you do it. My 2016 procharged mustang had a hard time doing this and would buck and not run smooth.. just like a wild horse. Lol
It is all in the tune, you are in full control with the throttle.

Even the PD cars drive great and you would not know the supercharger is there until you cross over Atmospheric pressure, in simple terms transition from vacuum to boost.

Yes you can control the boost with the throttle.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #22
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Even the self proclaimed best mustang tooners in the game had bucking problems with the Procharger for a couple years.

My Eforce 1LE you tuned was great. The mustang gave me a bad taste for Procharger. I think it was just a tuning inadequacy. The GM ECU I think is a little more forgiving. Which is good for me. I miss the acceleration of boost.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Even the self proclaimed best mustang tooners in the game had bucking problems with the Procharger for a couple years.

My Eforce 1LE you tuned was great. The mustang gave me a bad taste for Procharger. I think it was just a tuning inadequacy. The GM ECU I think is a little more forgiving. Which is good for me. I miss the acceleration of boost.
I have done plenty of Prochargers on mustangs and never experienced an issue like that.

We recently did a 14 Mustang made 740 RWHP and drove like stock.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #24
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:

My car did buck a little with a bad tune. After Ted straightened it out, it was a night and day difference throughout the entire rpm range. So it very well could have been just the tune on your mustang.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #25
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I have done plenty of Prochargers on mustangs and never experienced an issue like that.

We recently did a 14 Mustang made 740 RWHP and drove like stock.
The torque tables and inverse torque tables along with IMRC valves on the 2015+ Mustangs gave tuners fits. The stage one intercooler on those made it harder to tune out the bucking too.

Mine made 630 whp on a D1SC HO tuner kit. But always had probability issues at part throttle. Tuner blamed the standard surge valve.

Ted's tune on my Eforce was smooth as silk on my 2013 1LE.

It is all in the tune. I'm wondering how smooth the Procharger canned tune is.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #26
Turbo_RORO

My car never bucked. Drivability is close to stock until you want to get moving. I've driven my car at highway speeds with the M/T's on and have never ahd a problem. At the end of the day its about you. You have to know what is too much and not enough. Plus leave traction control on and youll be fine(ish)
Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #27
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
The torque tables and inverse torque tables along with IMRC valves on the 2015+ Mustangs gave tuners fits. The stage one intercooler on those made it harder to tune out the bucking too.

Mine made 630 whp on a D1SC HO tuner kit. But always had probability issues at part throttle. Tuner blamed the standard surge valve.

Ted's tune on my Eforce was smooth as silk on my 2013 1LE.

It is all in the tune. I'm wondering how smooth the Procharger canned tune is.
I don't' want to say anything negative about the Procharger canned tune but it just didn't work out for me. As much as I hoped I could get away with saving a few bucks and running the canned tune for a while. I'm sure they have a LOT of customers running the canned tune with no problem though. I guess everyone's results may vary.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #28
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I don't' want to say anything negative about the Procharger canned tune but it just didn't work out for me. As much as I hoped I could get away with saving a few bucks and running the canned tune for a while. I'm sure they have a LOT of customers running the canned tune with no problem though. I guess everyone's results may vary.
What were your issues with there canned tune?

Power too low? Drivability/smoothness?