Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #29
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
What were your issues with there canned tune?

Power too low? Drivability/smoothness?
His was similar to mine I think. Mine was running so rich that it was running out of fuel up top, and it didn't have the lower end power it did prior to having the supercharger either. The MAF table was very lumpy throughout the range. After the custom tune it got the lower end power back and instead of running out of fuel and gagging itself at 5200RPM, it will climb to 6500 smooth as butter, and maxing at 5.8ms on the injectors with perfect AFR. As stated above the canned tune probably works for 9/10 cars, it just didn't with mine.

No regrets on the system though. Car is so fun, yet around town it keeps perfect driveability like stock.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
His was similar to mine I think. Mine was running so rich that it was running out of fuel up top, and it didn't have the lower end power it did prior to having the supercharger either. The MAF table was very lumpy throughout the range. After the custom tune it got the lower end power back and instead of running out of fuel and gagging itself at 5200RPM, it will climb to 6500 smooth as butter, and maxing at 5.8ms on the injectors with perfect AFR. As stated above the canned tune probably works for 9/10 cars, it just didn't with mine.

No regrets on the system though. Car is so fun, yet around town it keeps perfect driveability like stock.
Did you install the latest revision
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #31
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yep! The added timing definitely seemed to give it more mid range. Feels very smooth. Have not had a chance to data log yet but I'll be doing a couple runs at New England dragway on Friday. If I can keep an axle from breaking while running the bias ply slicks I just got, we will see what we can do before the next set of upgrades which will be fuel delivery.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #32
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
Yep! The added timing definitely seemed to give it more mid range. Feels very smooth. Have not had a chance to data log yet but I'll be doing a couple runs at New England dragway on Friday. If I can keep an axle from breaking while running the bias ply slicks I just got, we will see what we can do before the next set of upgrades which will be fuel delivery.
Log your runs at the track.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #33
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Did I miss out on a new revision?

Yeah I had the exact same issues eyefixstuff mentioned. Perfectly tuned now.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #34
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Did I miss out on a new revision?

Yeah I had the exact same issues eyefixstuff mentioned. Perfectly tuned now.
No sir I did his when I was working on yours.

Ted.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #35
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Log your runs at the track.
Will do!
Old 09-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #36
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
No sir I did his when I was working on yours.

Ted.
Ohhhh gotcha! I was gonna say I didn't think it could get any better! 😜👍
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #37
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
Even the self proclaimed best mustang tooners in the game had bucking problems with the Procharger for a couple years.

My Eforce 1LE you tuned was great. The mustang gave me a bad taste for Procharger. I think it was just a tuning inadequacy. The GM ECU I think is a little more forgiving. Which is good for me. I miss the acceleration of boost.
The GM files are very easy to work with, and are mapped very well.

Literally smooth as stock (if not better) even with the ProCharger.

Sadly on the mustangs, the tuning software for YEARS had holes in it, and things miss mapped. (even to this day, there are still random updates)

So cars that had "issues 2 years ago" can now run smooth with no hardware changes.

Again, can't blame the tuners... they worked with what they had. It was a new platform for everyone in the industry... from OEM level techs, do the guys making the calibration software. Just a big learning curve.

The GM wasn't that way, since the Camaros computer has been around a good while, when it was first introduced in the Corvettes and Trucks.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote