Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
weemus

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Solid Rear Cradle Bushings / BMR Lockout kit

Hey anyone install the GMPP solid aluminum rear cradle bushings? I have a 1LE and looking for feedback on
1. Track Manners, i.e. changes felt/observed
2. Road manners, NVH?

Also based on a few posts (some say increased NVH, others say none) what about the same for the BMR lockout kit.
weemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #2
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I just installed the ZLE kit, posted some info here:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579516

IMO it's well worth it for any 1LE or non-1LE ZL1, it makes the car feel much sportier, you can really feel the surface of the road in a way you couldn't before and there is no more "rubber band" feeling in the rear end in certain circumstances, it feels solid and direct.

For non-1LE cars, especially ones that may see longer road trips, I wouldn't do it. Having better isolation makes highway cruising more comfortable.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:21 AM   #3
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
I have the BMR lockout kit. I doubt you'll find any further insight vs. what you've probably already read. For me, it came down to the fact that I could pretty easily do the lockout kit myself and get almost the same benefit perhaps with less risk of any downside. If I wasn't doing it myself and money wasn't a factor, I'd probably have gone with the solid bushings because my car is primarily a track car these days. But for the factors important to me, I went with the lockout kit and have been pleased.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #4
weemus

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
So that's why I posted in this forum versus the general suspension forum.
Wanted tp know if it improved feel on the track. I used to daily a car on some stiff coil overs. The 1LE isn't bad at all just some general road noise on the highway.
weemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:06 AM   #5
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
I have the BMR lockout kit. I doubt you'll find any further insight vs. what you've probably already read. For me, it came down to the fact that I could pretty easily do the lockout kit myself and get almost the same benefit perhaps with less risk of any downside. If I wasn't doing it myself and money wasn't a factor, I'd probably have gone with the solid bushings because my car is primarily a track car these days. But for the factors important to me, I went with the lockout kit and have been pleased.
I had the same experience
Old 04-16-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
19SW1LE

Drives: 2018 LT 1LE
I installed the BMR lock out kit and it does the job of eliminating the rear side to side movement of the rear subframe, so yes, the car feels more solid and direct = improved feel on the track and streets. The kit did not add any negative effects that I can feel. Had to do the same thing on my previous car(mustang).
19SW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:20 PM   #7
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
If you can do either, I’d go with the ZL1 solid bushing. Not a huge difference in comfort, but a big difference in communication with the road. I had both and very much prefer the solid rears. I did the BMR when GM stopped making the bushings about 18 months ago. If I knew they were going to restart I would have waited. Silver lining is I get to provide all of you with a direct comparison. I think GM should have the solid bushings as the standard across all the whole Camaro line.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote