Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 01-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #6203
chalhoee

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS/RS
Transmountain!
Attached Images

-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
-Tuned by Solid Tech Performance (ABQ, NM)
chalhoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #6204
chalhoee

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS/RS
Mirror pic!

All photos credited to Kri's Gf!
Attached Images

-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
-Tuned by Solid Tech Performance (ABQ, NM)
chalhoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #6205
BeastlySS

Drives: 2011 SS
thanks for the shout out had fun eating at twin peaks lets do it again some time
BeastlySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #6206
garfield1969
Garfield Special

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
sorry guys had to wait a bit since my cell phone went downhill ( I busted it to pieces) so anyone out there from the last meet with Boricua, email me at surveycat1969@yahoo.com
garfield1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #6207
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
On a side note, I went to an investors meeting last night. I enjoyed it. Person in charge is a woman, Lacy O'Leary, (915)276-1411. They meet first Tues of every month. Charge is $25, but they do serve a meal. They meet at Camino Real hotel in downtown El Paso, at 6:30 pm. For those here that don't know me, I drive a bus for Greyhound. I've done that for 30 years. I don't like my job, but it pays the bills. My number is (915)543-0093. Email is jst9@att.net. I'm interested in investing. Don't know if I'll do anything with it, but I'll get more involved in learning about it. It's where my interest lie.

I like Camaros and corvettes, but I'm not that interested in Borla Exhaust, and all that sort of thing. Not my thing. I'm just interested in trying to make bucks.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #6208
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
I tried to hit you up on Facebook with a request but it won't let me
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield1969 View Post
sorry guys had to wait a bit since my cell phone went downhill ( I busted it to pieces) so anyone out there from the last meet with Boricua, email me at surveycat1969@yahoo.com
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #6209
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
On a side note, I went to an investors meeting last night. I enjoyed it. Person in charge is a woman, Lacy O'Leary, (915)276-1411. They meet first Tues of every month. Charge is $25, but they do serve a meal. They meet at Camino Real hotel in downtown El Paso, at 6:30 pm. For those here that don't know me, I drive a bus for Greyhound. I've done that for 30 years. I don't like my job, but it pays the bills. My number is (915)543-0093. Email is jst9@att.net. I'm interested in investing. Don't know if I'll do anything with it, but I'll get more involved in learning about it. It's where my interest lie.

I like Camaros and corvettes, but I'm not that interested in Borla Exhaust, and all that sort of thing. Not my thing. I'm just interested in trying to make bucks.
Look up Dave Ramsey and use one of his investing ELPs in your area. I don't think you will be dissapointed, they have to be pretty dang good to get recommended by Dave. You'll probably want to look at mutual funds if the money is going to sit for a while.

On that note, I'm booking flights right now to Dave's smart conference in Dallas. I was going to take the car and try to get a supercharger installed by one of the shops over there, but I didn't find a good enough deal. I will likely try and make a run to Lousiana right before the Fest since the best deal I found was only 3hrs past Houston.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #6210
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
[/QUOTE]On that note, I'm booking flights right now to Dave's smart conference in Dallas. I was going to take the car and try to get a supercharger installed by one of the shops over there, but I didn't find a good enough deal. I will likely try and make a run to Lousiana right before the Fest since the best deal I found was only 3hrs past Houston.[/QUOTE]

Did you check out 21st Century Muscle Cars? They are in Dallas!

http://21stcenturymusclecars.com/camaro-packages.aspx

They have a bunch of awesome packages to fit all kinds of budgets. I am thinking of driving there myself for a CAM (maybe heads) and headers with tune installed by them. Louisiana is a bit of a drive. Maybe AMP in Phoenix could hook you up as well.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #6211
Jesustinoco

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS
So for the last couple of days my tranny has been getting stuck on the 1st to 4th. I an only shift between 1st and 4th. I have had to pull over and shut the car off to get the solenoid to disengage. Eventually the check engine light came on. Throws code P080C which is skip shift low voltage. Well it's now at the dealer getting checked out and I may be out of my baby for a couple days. :(

Has anyone else experienced this?
Jesustinoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #6212
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesustinoco View Post
So for the last couple of days my tranny has been getting stuck on the 1st to 4th. I an only shift between 1st and 4th. I have had to pull over and shut the car off to get the solenoid to disengage. Eventually the check engine light came on. Throws code P080C which is skip shift low voltage. Well it's now at the dealer getting checked out and I may be out of my baby for a couple days. :(

negative first time i hear of the problem
Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #6213
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
On that note, I'm booking flights right now to Dave's smart conference in Dallas. I was going to take the car and try to get a supercharger installed by one of the shops over there, but I didn't find a good enough deal. I will likely try and make a run to Lousiana right before the Fest since the best deal I found was only 3hrs past Houston.[/QUOTE]

They have a bunch of awesome packages to fit all kinds of budgets. I am thinking of driving there myself for a CAM (maybe heads) and headers with tune installed by them. Louisiana is a bit of a drive. Maybe AMP in Phoenix could hook you up as well.[/QUOTE]

their deals are awesome problem with me is that i have an l99 and its about
1k more
Old 01-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #6214
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

They have a bunch of awesome packages to fit all kinds of budgets. I am thinking of driving there myself for a CAM (maybe heads) and headers with tune installed by them. Louisiana is a bit of a drive. Maybe AMP in Phoenix could hook you up as well.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of them before, they do seem to have some nice packages, but seem a little high on their prices.

The two places I was really considering were East Texas Motorsports and Lethal Racing sinch they are large dealers for the ECS Centri Kit I am planning on going with. One had the kit installed and tuned for $6699, the other was $6999. A heck of a deal in my opinion.

If I go with East Texas Motorsports, I will likely also get a cam kit installed since they are running a special for an additional $1300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesustinoco View Post

I have not had that exact issue, but I did have some of the 2nd gear grinding issue during spirited driving. I am going to have the dealer check it out before I go and void my warranty with the supercharger. Although I suspect they are going to tell me they didn't find anything since it does not seem to be a regular issue. Hopefully they will update the syncros in the tranny, but if not guess I will just change the fluid, install a skip-shift eliminator and hope for the best untill I save up for an upgraded RPM tranny.

IMO I would just invest in a skip-shift eliminator after the dealer determines there is no damage to your tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
On that note, I'm booking flights right now to Dave's smart conference in Dallas. I was going to take the car and try to get a supercharger installed by one of the shops over there, but I didn't find a good enough deal. I will likely try and make a run to Lousiana right before the Fest since the best deal I found was only 3hrs past Houston.

their deals are awesome problem with me is that i have an l99 and its about
1k more[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of AMP, but I was considering CPR in Phoenix for the install if I purchase one of the kits I found. It sure would be a lot closer drive.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 01-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #6215
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
Wow yeah a SC or Procharger would be sick. . $6699 is a fantastic deal for a tuned SC!!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #6216
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Can't wait, Santa should be delivering our new wheels today. Heres a sneak peek.
Attached Images

504hp/478tq

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001