Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-06-2022, 11:07 AM   #1
the_w

Drives: 2000 Silverado custom
got burned

Welp I think I just gave some piece of shit my money because I got scammed on here. Posted a WTB thread and got led on. I havent been on here that long and read an article on here of people getting scammed on a WTB. I wish I had seen it sooner. Thankfully it was only 150 dollars. I hope karma get this pos.
the_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:14 AM   #2
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_w View Post
Welp I think I just gave some piece of shit my money because I got scammed on here. Posted a WTB thread and got led on. I havent been on here that long and read an article on here of people getting scammed on a WTB. I wish I had seen it sooner. Thankfully it was only 150 dollars. I hope karma get this pos.

Post the details please so others can learn
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
SOLUKY

Drives: Camaro 2SS
What is WTB?
SOLUKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:21 AM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLUKY View Post
What is WTB?
WTB = Want to Buy

Anytime someone post that they want to buy something, they will be deluged with cons. I wouldn't respond to any if they don't have real history on here in number of post and time on site.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:24 AM   #5
the_w

in the classifieds you can do a WTB (want to buy) to let people know you are looking for a part. Which opens scammers up to reach out and say they have the part and you send money. They sent me a PM saying they had the part and text this number. In turn I did that, negotiated a price, they actually sent a picture, and said only way payment is cashapp which I should have known its a scam with that. I had issues setting up a cashapp account and they kept texting helping. So it seemed legit. Usually they have bad grammer and responds dont match up with the conversation. If someone has no posts on here that is a flag also
Old 12-06-2022, 12:16 PM   #6
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Who was the scammer?
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 12:17 PM   #7
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Report the user to Tran or any of the other site staff so they can be banned and no one else will be bit by them *this time around* any way.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #8
4SFED6.0

Drives: 1991 Camaro
Ive been getting hounded by scammers lately for some wtb posts I started, never been so bad until now, they're usually pretty easy to spot since they are usually very new accounts with no posts. They also dont accept paypal and want venmo or zelle usually.
4SFED6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 12:31 PM   #9
the_w

Ya I can report them. It was username Boggieboy
Old 12-06-2022, 04:22 PM   #10
the_w

I had another one try to scam this AM. Being a little pissed already, I figured I would string this one along. Which I did then preceded to lay into whomever or whatever is on the other side of the email with language not suited for this forum. I feel a little better but not much, I still miss my money lol.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #11
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
in the classifieds you can do a WTB (want to buy) to let people know you are looking for a part. Which opens scammers up to reach out and say they have the part and you send money. They sent me a PM saying they had the part and text this number. In turn I did that, negotiated a price, they actually sent a picture, and said only way payment is cashapp which I should have known its a scam with that. I had issues setting up a cashapp account and they kept texting helping. So it seemed legit. Usually they have bad grammer and responds dont match up with the conversation. If someone has no posts on here that is a flag also
File a claim with Cash App and with your bank/credit card company. You'll get the money back, may take a few days but you can get it reversed.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #12
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
I got scammed a while back but good. Guy almost took my car(long story) luckily I never dropped the car off for work. Drop your car off and you never see it again was the scam. Worst part of it was a well known Chevy dealers tech that was getting away with it selling broken engines from the shop and all kinda of crap. I confronted the dealer and they didn't do a dam thing about it. Guy is still there! Scary stuff.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:29 PM   #13
4SFED6.0

Drives: 1991 Camaro
This is a list of confirmed scammers that have contacted me recently, if a moderator sees this please suspend their accounts.
Dubrain4
dieselbeatrice888
Gosaol47
mikelhultsfg466

Last edited by 4SFED6.0; 12-06-2022 at 09:49 PM.
4SFED6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:14 PM   #14
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I reported the above post so it and this whole thread can be dealt with.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote