Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 10-23-2022, 05:02 PM   #1
nos4you

Drives: Soon to have 1LE
Eibach Pro Kit - SS 1LE

I just installed the Eibach Pro kit on my ss 1le. It lowered the front a good amount but the rear is higher than the front. Almost all the photos I see it looks pretty even. I know its not scientific, but I have a 1 finger gap up front and 2 finger in the rear. I have driven the car 100 miles already so I don't know if it will still settle, for those with these springs, how much gap do you have between tires/fenders?
nos4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:10 AM   #2
greenz28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS M6, Ford Fiesta ST
Pictures are missing from this one...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...clock+bushings

...but it sounds like you have to loosen at least some of the bolts, put full weight on the car, then retighten. Like some of the bushings are holding your car up higher if the bolts are tightened while the car is up in the air. I did not worry about this on my 4th gen, sounds like it's an issue with 6th gen. Do keyword search "clock bushings" and see what you think.
greenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:15 PM   #3
nos4you

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenz28 View Post
Pictures are missing from this one...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...clock+bushings

...but it sounds like you have to loosen at least some of the bolts, put full weight on the car, then retighten. Like some of the bushings are holding your car up higher if the bolts are tightened while the car is up in the air. I did not worry about this on my 4th gen, sounds like it's an issue with 6th gen. Do keyword search "clock bushings" and see what you think.
The method I used was I removed the inner alignment bolt and shock. I don't think those have bushings. All the bushings are on the LCA and trailing arm bushings so I don't think this would affect my scenario? But that is normal practice for me to preload any bushings when tightening bolts.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:50 PM   #4
nos4you

@greenz28 , after thinking about it more, I realized there is a bushing in the inner lca! So I did losse it then tightened it w the suspension loaded up. Drive it a couple miles and I got another 3/8” lowered!!!! Omg thank you for that link. And if anyone else has this issue with theirs you may want to check this.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:20 PM   #5
greenz28

Good to know because I'll be doing this when I can make time. Have had lowering springs setting in the box in the garage for months.

Referring to this picture, is the yellow circled bolt on the left the one you loosened and retightened? Do you think you could get more drop by loosening and retightening the other 2 that are circled?
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2022, 07:00 PM   #6
nos4you

The RED circles are the only bolts I removed. The bolt that I didnt preload properly was the far left bolt. Its more work to remove the outboard bolts, no need to, I did not touch them at all. But don't forget to remove the mag ride sensor arm if you have MRC.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2022, 08:42 AM   #7
greenz28

Thank you nos4you! I just copied this image from a "how to" video and this guy removed all those, so good to know not necessary.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:46 AM   #8
nos4you

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenz28 View Post
Thank you nos4you! I just copied this image from a "how to" video and this guy removed all those, so good to know not necessary.
yeah theres two way, you can either remove the outboard side, or the inboard side. the arm will just pivot the other way. But why remove more bolts if you don't need to? I did mine on quickjacks and had more than enough room to do it my way.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:46 AM   #9
nos4you

Just make sure you mark the camber bolt so you know where to put it when you put everything back.