Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2018, 02:59 AM   #99
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Drives: '16 NFGray V6 M6
Gorgeous, these awesome pictures are really pushing me to do this mod!
Sheriff37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:23 PM   #100
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I'm doing the non 1LE ZL1 cover and had the test fit today and it really looks great! The shop doing the work said they really like it, how it fits and will start prepping it today and hopefully have it ready for paint by weeks end, or first of next week, with me getting it back by the 8th. I'm in no real hurry as weather sucks here but I can't wait. Took a couple of pics of it and I did have them put the ZL1ADDONS behind the bumper screen to keep debris out. Also the plastic cover that fits over the foam looks pretty crappy and the shop is going to touch it up and paint it flat, just to make it look nicer than it does.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:58 AM   #101
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coup 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi chozn4service!,
just post some pics, if you can..

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:48 AM   #102
chozn4service

Test fit was perfect!

Removal for prepping

ZL1ADDONS lower screen for protection.

Going with ACS Flowtie grill

Car should go to paint tomorrow or Monday at the latest and I should have it back on Friday next weekend.

When done Ill post up for sure....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #103
chozn4service

This was my deciding factor on the direction
I was going. The AA bumper top and the IKON which is mine sitting below. I personally couldnt get with the sharp points on the AA and felt that the IKON mimicd the OEM lines so much better.

So this time next week I should have the car back here at home and hoping this weather system pushing through this weekend will be totally out by mid-week and I have clear roads by Thursday or Friday. The wait is now killing me.....

Old 03-02-2019, 06:07 AM   #104
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coup 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Thanks for the pics, Chozn4service!

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:14 PM   #105
chozn4service

Car still in the body shop. Was hoping for a call today that it was done but no such luck. One of the owners, I txtd her this afternoon and asked if shes seen a BVM SS around there and she said she has and that it wasnt put together. She said she knows its killing me!
With snow coming in tonight and tomorrow, back in the mid to upper 50s on Saturday with rain storms and me working both days off, Im not expecting to get it back until Tuesday or Friday next week since the weather looks favorable with zero chance of precipitation. Fingas crossed

Old 03-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #106
Raptor Jesus

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Car still in the body shop. Was hoping for a call today that it was done but no such luck. One of the owners, I txtd her this afternoon and asked if shes seen a BVM SS around there and she said she has and that it wasnt put together. She said she knows its killing me!
With snow coming in tonight and tomorrow, back in the mid to upper 50s on Saturday with rain storms and me working both days off, Im not expecting to get it back until Tuesday or Friday next week since the weather looks favorable with zero chance of precipitation. Fingas crossed

I hope they were doing more than just painting a bumper cover. That's a 1 day job. I'd be beyond mad to take that long.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #107
chozn4service

Theyre friends of mine and are very meticulous! They take care of all Teslas, Bentley, MERZ, BMW, Volvo and other high end cars in central Indiana, along with the Indy Car drivers, Colts and Pacers. Its all good!
Like i said, they called me up Tuesday last week for the test fit, and the cover had some smoothing out to be done and would have maybe gone to paint last Friday, or this past Monday. I want them to take their time and I already know its gonna be done right!

Old 03-10-2019, 01:57 AM   #108
WallsAndFoundations
IG: Infinite.Drive

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS in Summit White
Looks awesome OP! Between you and a Youtuber I just started following, the decision to go for the IKON bumper seemed like a must.

I wanted the 1LE grille, but didn't want the canards. Ended up ordering the ZL1 1LE style bumper, added in the AA DRLs, OEM ZL1 DRL bezels, and paint matched bumper white, while painting the upper/lower grilles gloss black, and lip matte black. (unfortunately came out satin.. Afterwards i got the DRLs tinted yellow, and added a matte black piece over the lip on the "step" of the bumper. I'm digging it!
Attached Images

Fight your mind
WallsAndFoundations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #109
teesee150

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallsAndFoundations View Post
Looks awesome OP! Between you and a Youtuber I just started following, the decision to go for the IKON bumper seemed like a must.

I wanted the 1LE grille, but didn't want the canards. Ended up ordering the ZL1 1LE style bumper, added in the AA DRLs, OEM ZL1 DRL bezels, and paint matched bumper white, while painting the upper/lower grilles gloss black, and lip matte black. (unfortunately came out satin.. Afterwards i got the DRLs tinted yellow, and added a matte black piece over the lip on the "step" of the bumper. I'm digging it!
What hood is that?
teesee150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:58 AM   #110
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesee150 View Post
What hood is that?
Looks OEM SS with an insert..... I someone makes a hood with just an extractor like the 2019 refresh w/o the OEM vents.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #111
chozn4service

Well all my parts have been painted and the pic posted is prior to clear coat. This was all as of yesterday. My car will be done on Friday and I cant be beyond mad cause some may think this is a 1 day job. My bumper cover had some issues with 2 dimples over the headlight area on the upper cover which needed to be addressed, some nicks along the front edge where it was transported from Illinois to Indy and then the splitter. Also the impact foam bar plastic cover looked pretty crappy in the test fit to see behind the lower grill. I was in no rush as its winter here and I was working thru weather windows of opportunity to get the car to the shop but my goal was to be done by May 4th for a club car show and laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
for Chevy Customer Appreciation Day the last 2 weekends in May so Im well ahead of the game plan.
I know my car is NOT going to look like a one day job, but better than factory work when all is said and done.
My shop is one of the best in the business and they baked the parts before ever starting the finishing work to ensure all chemicals from the mode are eliminated to ensure adhesion. Every part is sanded and smoothed, not just primed and painted. This IKON cover will be better than OEM and I will be happy for it.

(Prior to clear coat)

Old 03-15-2019, 06:27 AM   #112
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Well all my parts have been painted and the pic posted is prior to clear coat. This was all as of yesterday. My car will be done on Friday and I cant be beyond mad cause some may think this is a 1 day job. My bumper cover had some issues with 2 dimples over the headlight area on the upper cover which needed to be addressed, some nicks along the front edge where it was transported from Illinois to Indy and then the splitter. Also the impact foam bar plastic cover looked pretty crappy in the test fit to see behind the lower grill. I was in no rush as its winter here and I was working thru weather windows of opportunity to get the car to the shop but my goal was to be done by May 4th for a club car show and laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
for Chevy Customer Appreciation Day the last 2 weekends in May so Im well ahead of the game plan.
I know my car is NOT going to look like a one day job, but better than factory work when all is said and done.
My shop is one of the best in the business and they baked the parts before ever starting the finishing work to ensure all chemicals from the mode are eliminated to ensure adhesion. Every part is sanded and smoothed, not just primed and painted. This IKON cover will be better than OEM and I will be happy for it.

(Prior to clear coat)

Looking good never a good idea to rush let the Pros work out the stuff and the end results will be what you are looking for.

Cannot wait to the see the end result.