Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2019, 07:12 PM   #85
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Ok, I just got back from test driving it. IDK, it was nice but not perfect. It sits a little lower than I'm used to and did notice there was some blind spots towards the sides and it had some scuff marks on the drivers side door and entrance panel. It did seem to have a little more mid-range punch (from a dig I didn't notice much difference, although I'm not used to it yet). I did love the sound of the exhaust and the look of the car. As far as price, I should have known, all dealers like to play games. At first they only wanted to give me about 4k off for a payment about 100 more than I'm paying now and only wanted to give me 22k for my trade. I asked about the 15% off and they said to get the full amount ~2k more or so, I would have to be involved with friends and family or supplier, ect. The site on the internet didn't mention that. And to get the lowest price, they said it would be better to go with the 0% and only about 3k off. Well after trying to leave, they finally went up on the trade in to what I owe and said the best they could do was around 625/m. which is still 25-50 or so more than I wanted to spend (especially since its an 18). So its close, but I think it may be better to pay my car down for a few more months and maybe try some more dealers and wait for the summer sales on the 19's.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #86
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
How much are they offering you for your Mustang?
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #87
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
Ok, I just got back from test driving it. IDK, it was nice but not perfect. It sits a little lower than I'm used to and did notice there was some blind spots towards the sides and it had some scuff marks on the drivers side door and entrance panel. It did seem to have a little more mid-range punch (from a dig I didn't notice much difference, although I'm not used to it yet). I did love the sound of the exhaust and the look of the car. As far as price, I should have known, all dealers like to play games. At first they only wanted to give me about 4k off for a payment about 100 more than I'm paying now and only wanted to give me 22k for my trade. I asked about the 15% off and they said to get the full amount ~2k more or so, I would have to be involved with friends and family or supplier, ect. The site on the internet didn't mention that. And to get the lowest price, they said it would be better to go with the 0% and only about 3k off. Well after trying to leave, they finally went up on the trade in to what I owe and said the best they could do was around 625/m. which is still 25-50 or so more than I wanted to spend (especially since its an 18). So its close, but I think it may be better to pay my car down for a few more months and maybe try some more dealers and wait for the summer sales on the 19's.
Just remember that the more you wait to trade in the more your car will depreciate. It might not, in which case you'll be glad you waited. But it just might and this might be the best offer you're ever going to get. To walk away clean from it is a good deal on a 3 year old car.

Also remember that in your case, the ball is in your court. You don't need to buy a Camaro. You have a perfectly good Mustang. However the dealership needs to sell that car. The fact that you came in there looking to get out of the competitor's car should have been enough for them to offer you the absolute best deal right off the bat. Because we all know Ford will give you a really good deal. If the Chevy dealership is giving you the absolute best deal on that car then it might be worth a long sleep to think it over. The fact that there are scrape marks on it should be another reason for them to give you the best possible deal.

So take your time and think it over. The SS will be a nice step up in performance from your GT (stock to stock that is) so that alone might make it worthwhile. Hopefully it'll all work out.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:12 PM   #88
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Pardon the obvious question, but did you set up the side mirrors correctly? You shouldn't have any significant blind spots after that. How did you like the handling on twisty roads? You can go up to almost 1g in lateral acceleration and the car will still turn like it's on rails. Also, did this SS have MRC? It does make a difference in the ride.

Dealer games are real, one needs to look at the spread they offer, have the numbers memorized and maximum flexibility decided before engaging with salespeople.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:46 AM   #89
Mrbobcat

No this one didn't have the MRC. It was garnet and had the exhaust, stripes, sunroof and NAV. I didn't really try it on twisty roads as there aren't that many close by besides off ramps and such. They started off offering me 22k for my car (I owe about 23k) and went up to 23.5 when I was ready to leave. The last two times I traded a car in it was around the 2 year mark and I broke even on those. I currently have 0% interest and just recently started paying a little extra each month since I can finally afford it with the new job I got last summer. I need to do more of that I guess.

btw, I noticed one on a search about 3 hours away that looks pretty sweet. It is hyper blue with black stripes, ceramic interior, MRC, black wheels and some LPO options like strut brace, colored hood vents and illuminated bowtie emblem. Its advertised at 10k off, but who knows what the "real" price would be.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #90
arpad_m

Quote:
No this one didn't have the MRC. It was garnet and had the exhaust, stripes, sunroof and NAV. I didn't really try it on twisty roads as there aren't that many close by besides off ramps and such. They started off offering me 22k for my car (I owe about 23k) and went up to 23.5 when I was ready to leave. The last two times I traded a car in it was around the 2 year mark and I broke even on those. I currently have 0% interest and just recently started paying a little extra each month since I can finally afford it with the new job I got last summer. I need to do more of that I guess.

btw, I noticed one on a search about 3 hours away that looks pretty sweet. It is hyper blue with black stripes, ceramic interior, MRC, black wheels and some LPO options like strut brace, colored hood vents and illuminated bowtie emblem. Its advertised at 10k off, but who knows what the "real" price would be.
Good luck man, that sounds like a great choice. Hyper blue would've been my second choice after garnet red, it looks absolutely badass in person, especially with black wheels. The white interior will need a bit more TLC, though. I'm sure you can check the applicable discounts with them over the phone, $10K off on a clean car with these specs (especially if it also has the dual mode exhaust) would be a very good deal.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

Old 03-15-2019, 12:46 PM   #91
Mrbobcat

The only things it doesn't have that I would want is active exhaust and NAV. I guess I could always get an axel-back later on and it would be an excuse to finally get a cell phone if you can hook that up similar to the way you can with Ford for directions and maps.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #92
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
The only things it doesn't have that I would want is active exhaust and NAV. I guess I could always get an axel-back later on and it would be an excuse to finally get a cell phone if you can hook that up similar to the way you can with Ford for directions and maps.
Honestly, the active exhaust is overrated. I don't really like mine...

2018 2SS - Brand new in Indianapolis - $42k - Red Garnet - Navigation

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=199905938
Old 03-15-2019, 01:27 PM   #93
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Just curious have you looked at the autos for sale section in this forum, there are some really good buys to be had on very lightly used vehicles without the dealer markup.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #94
arpad_m

Quote:
The exhaust is no big deal, as you say, there are truckloads of fine aftermarket axleback choices.

90% of people here will tell you the factory nav is trash. I'm in the 10% that loves it, mostly because of the full integration with the cluster and the HUD and for allowing me not to mess with the phone all the time, but in all honesty, if all you want is directions and a map, Google Maps and Waze are going to serve you even better.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #95
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
I love the exhaust. Can have it nice and throaty or very quiet. Especially nice when you also have the magnetic ride and everything is tied to driving modes. Change it at the touch of a button.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #96
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
You want the honest truth? They're all bad ass cars and you can't go wrong with any of them. Just drive them and pick the one you like the most, you can't go wrong.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #97
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
finally get a cell phone?
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:16 PM   #98
Mrbobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
The exhaust is no big deal, as you say, there are truckloads of fine aftermarket axleback choices.

90% of people here will tell you the factory nav is trash. I'm in the 10% that loves it, mostly because of the full integration with the cluster and the HUD and for allowing me not to mess with the phone all the time, but in all honesty, if all you want is directions and a map, Google Maps and Waze are going to serve you even better.
So how does that work without the NAV? I have NAV in my current car, but the Chevy system is different. I tried messing with the one yesterday, but couldn't figure it out and the salesman didn't go over anything. He just tossed me the keys and said take it for a spin. Can you get on Google, ect. if you don't have a cell phone?