Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE.
NYS Inspection, where do you go?

Where do you trust with your Camaro?
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
gosutag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
I just did mine at my dealer
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #3
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosutag View Post
Where do you trust with your Camaro?
Any dealer will do it for $10 as its your first year and to be honest, any service station that does inspections will do it in less then 5 minutes being its a brand new car it doesn't have to go through all the BS emission testings. I found this out from my local service shop i bring my other cars to. Really you shouldn't be worried on this one. Most will slap that sticker on faster then you can pull your wallet out to pay. Also i think service centers that do inspections charge about $35 NYS, not sure since its your first you might pay less with them too. One more thing is i have tinted windows and with that new NY law next year takes effect where they can fail you for tinted windows. My inspection was due up in January but i already had a appointment with the dealer last week ago about and had it done. So i have another year till i have to deal with that crappy new law that goes into effect next month... LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
One more thing is i have tinted windows and with that new NY law next year takes effect where they can fail you for tinted windows. My inspection was due up in January but i already had a appointment with the dealer last week ago about and had it done. So i have another year till i have to deal with that crappy new law that goes into effect next month... LOL
Yeah I just had mine done too, I am still on the fence on what to do with*getting the car tinted. The shop I was going to bring it to*annoyed me because he was like "Well if you fail, it will cost 20 to remove it and I'll charge you 80 to put it back on. So it'll cost you 100 a year to keep your windows tinted."

The 70% tint is a ****ing joke and a waste of money imo
Old 12-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #5
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot93 View Post
Yeah I just had mine done too, I am still on the fence on what to do with*getting the car tinted. The shop I was going to bring it to*annoyed me because he was like "Well if you fail, it will cost 20 to remove it and I'll charge you 80 to put it back on. So it'll cost you 100 a year to keep your windows tinted."

Listen, there will be ways around it i feel. I spoke to a few mechanics and they will have that tint scan tool for the window. But if i park my non tinted car and they put the meter on that or any around them that's not tinted then its a done deal and car will pass (Given it would be nice to have a friendly service shop owner you may know or get in with good). Cop asks just say you got it tinted after the inspection and didn't know or something to that nature. Also tint shops are going to take a major hit in sales due to these new laws. They may make more money removing the front tints then anything else. Sucks!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #6
tone228

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Listen, there will be ways around it i feel. I spoke to a few mechanics and they will have that tint scan tool for the window. But if i park my non tinted car and they put the meter on that or any around them that's not tinted then its a done deal and car will pass (Given it would be nice to have a friendly service shop owner you may know or get in with good). Cop asks just say you got it tinted after the inspection and didn't know or something to that nature. Also tint shops are going to take a major hit in sales due to these new laws. They may make more money removing the front tints then anything else. Sucks!
Still can't believe they passed that ridiculous law. No freedom and no privacy. Born and raised in NYC but I'm really ready to leave. Between things like that and how crowded and expensive it's gotten really got me ready to pack my bags. Not to mention the traffic.
tone228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:40 AM   #7
Jontall

Drives: GTO
I don't have tint and never will, but those that do will need to wait to see how the State enforces the law. From what I'm hearing in New York City, is you will not receive an inspection sticker until the tint is removed.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #8
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post
I don't have tint and never will, but those that do will need to wait to see how the State enforces the law. From what I'm hearing in New York City, is you will not receive an inspection sticker until the tint is removed.
Yeah you will fail the inspection on the spot. So then you will need it removed and pay for another inspection.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #9
motorheadkev

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT-217CI
what is the law now on tint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot93 View Post

i think our wonderful Governor is passing a no tint law.
motorheadkev is offline   Reply With Quote