Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #15
Bosun68
One El E

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE M6
Heard this once and it stuck with me: Anyone traveling slower than you is an idiot that should stay out of the way. Anyone traveling faster than you is a psycho that’s trying to kill everyone on the road. Only those traveling at your speed are sane people.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #16
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
I struggle to not get pissed off when some moron tailgates me, especially one where they are so close you can't see their front end. There's just no reason to do that.

I am a very courteous driver and try to stay out of people's way.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #17
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Anger induced tailgating is relatively common (at least up here) . If I’m passing from the right lane to what is expected as the high speed left lane, I make sure (as best as possible) I can do it so the other guy doesn’t have to hit his brakes. That’s the beauty of having a quick car.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:08 AM   #18
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosun68 View Post
Heard this once and it stuck with me: Anyone traveling slower than you is an idiot that should stay out of the way. Anyone traveling faster than you is a psycho that’s trying to kill everyone on the road. Only those traveling at your speed are sane people.
One of my favorite George Carlin bits. https://youtu.be/XWPCE2tTLZQ
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #19
mrbug111

Drives: 2016 Turbo
I am a criminal defense attorney - the statement that some people are idiots is NOT a revelation.
mrbug111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #20
Bosun68
One El E

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
One of my favorite George Carlin bits. https://youtu.be/XWPCE2tTLZQ
That is probably where I heard it...as I passed the half-century mark last year I find it harder to remember where I once heard things!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #21
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Anger induced tailgating is relatively common (at least up here) . If I’m passing from the right lane to what is expected as the high speed left lane, I make sure (as best as possible) I can do it so the other guy doesn’t have to hit his brakes. That’s the beauty of having a quick car.
Sometimes I tailgate, but usually not because I'm angry. It's my way of letting the person who is dawdling in the passing lane to get the hell over. Yeah, we get a lot of aggressive tailgating in the Atlanta area, but we get as much or more left lane banditry. People who clearly don't know or don't care that driving slow in the left lane is a no no.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #22
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
If you are merging into a passing lane and you causes the car behind you to brake, then you are going too slow and should have waited until there's enough room to pass without causing anyone to slam on their brake. Especially when there's no one after that car. I hate when people do that when I go on road trips. Just because there's enough room for your vehicle to fit, does not mean that you should. No matter if you're a car, truck or semi... then you take your time to pass instead of being courteous and speed up a little bit to get out of the way then you can go back to your cruise speed once you pulled back into the right lane. That's what I do, at least. Don't pass at your cruising speed when there's a car coming up on you, pass at a passing speed then back to cruise once you're done passing.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:16 PM   #23
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
most speed demons/jerks on the road aren't driving sports cars.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #24
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
If you are merging into a passing lane and you causes the car behind you to brake, then you are going too slow and should have waited until there's enough room to pass without causing anyone to slam on their brake. Especially when there's no one after that car. I hate when people do that when I go on road trips. Just because there's enough room for your vehicle to fit, does not mean that you should. No matter if you're a car, truck or semi... then you take your time to pass instead of being courteous and speed up a little bit to get out of the way then you can go back to your cruise speed once you pulled back into the right lane. That's what I do, at least. Don't pass at your cruising speed when there's a car coming up on you, pass at a passing speed then back to cruise once you're done passing.

Agree, but on the opposite end of the spectrum is the guy who hits the gas after he/she sees you changing lanes in front of them even though there is plenty of room, and you are going the same speed they are. These are people who think they bought the road when they bought the car.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #25
Tha_Infamous_E

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
That's why I place a "baby on board" magnet sticker on the car and if anyone still does it, I piss them off by purposely and gradually slowing the speed down way below speed limit to tell them basically, **** off, you're not going to make me go any faster, instead, I'm going to go even slower.

Best part is once they switch lanes to cut you off, the V8 engine roars back to life and they don't have enough power to overtake you, so they fall back behind ahahahaha.
Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #26
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Infamous_E View Post
That's why I place a "baby on board" magnet sticker on the car and if anyone still does it, I piss them off by purposely and gradually slowing the speed down way below speed limit to tell them basically, **** off, you're not going to make me go any faster, instead, I'm going to go even slower.

Best part is once they switch lanes to cut you off, the V8 engine roars back to life and they don't have enough power to overtake you, so they fall back behind ahahahaha.
whoa....passive aggressive is most dangerous of all.

Good luck with that.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #27
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
whoa....passive aggressive is most dangerous of all.

Good luck with that.
Yep! Live and let live. If you want to drive faster than me, have at it. If you want to drive slower than me, same thing, but if you're not passing stay out of the left lane and remember, your turn signal is not attached to my brake.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #28
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Baby on Board plastered on a Camaro...fail.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote